Week 2 vs. BC

There's still homefield advantage, they will still have a loud crowd on their side cheering them on. Maybe if there's a crazy swirling wind than the Riders have a slight advantage, but I think people are playing up the whole dome thing too much. Empire stadium has metal bleachers which can get very loud.
Never really bought the play indoor disadvantage.

Talking to people that went to the preseason, the noise from bashing the metal walkways is very loud. The trick for us Rider fans that will be at the game it to convince the Lion fans to make noise when their team is on O.
[/quote]
That wont be hard to do... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: They were doing it in the pre-season game! :roll: :roll: :roll: One Bozo even asked me why I wasn't making noise..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're forgiven Billy you Baaaaaaaad boy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe so Billy_Soup. But sheep or no sheep at least we have a team with a coaching staff that can count. No 13th man on the field for us! How many times has that happened now in clutch situations for you guys? Once? Or was it twice? Oh yes....it was twice! In two separate games none the less! :rockin:

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing. :cowboy: I wish all six of the Roughie fans who make it to the game the best of luck trying to "sway" the Lions fans contingent. The only swaying I I expect to see will be from those who are having trouble standing up cause they're on their 8th, 10th or 12th beer.

[quote author="Sportsmen"][quote="leeinq

That wont be hard to do... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: They were doing it in the pre-season game! :roll: :roll: :roll: One Bozo even asked me why I wasn't making noise..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
[/quote]
Hillarious. Simply hillarious! ROTFL

Apples and nails, I was talking about the fans. Most of our fans can count, I believe at least half the stands knew that there were only 11 guys on the field for Mtl's OT Feild goal. But even so I would rather not be able to count every once in awhile (this is actually true, I am a horrible counter, learned that doing inventory at a retail shop) then be a sheep. To each their own I guess.

"Come on Lions fans cheer for your defence" :wink:

I'm not sure how you'd get that match up you're worried about, given that Geroy is a slot (primarily boundary side) and Donovan is a field-side corner. It would take some serious re-jigging of BC's offence to make that happen. What you might see is a few plays were Armstrong lines up field side, hoping to influence the safety that direction, thereby opening the deep middle for the likes of Simon and Jackson.

But if Casey is made to scramble, he only has eyes for Geroy.

As for Robertson, if we struggle against the run, it is against power runners more than scatbacks, so he could fare well. However, score often dictates an rb's use. IF BC plays from behind, it may be a non-issue. And, although Edmonton did not get many sacks, they had Casey running quite a bit. I'm not yet sold on BC's o-line.

well said artie

We're not going to score 54 points, BUT we won't give up 51either. I expect the game to be close, but both teams will score in excess of 30 pts. Both offenses are playing better than the defenses. The game will come down to a big play, which will be the difference. Riders 34, BC 31

as far as i can see, the Riders should fare well against the lions, Darian Durant looks like the real deal as of now

I second that. The Rider receivers are ridiculously hot right now too...gonna be a very tough team to beat.

Is it just me, or did you hear some "Let's go Riders!" chants, which eventually became "Let's go Lions" as the hometown crowd drowned out the Rider fans in attendance?? I have to admit, I'm tempted to take a road trip out to Vancouver just to attend a game in their temporary home. What a beautiful setting!!

At least I was right that the Riders scored more than 30, LOL!! Suprized we got beat twice by Geroy...where's Wayne Shaw to smack the receiver as he comes off the line, LOL!!

That first catch was a combination of a good catch by Geroy, and the 2 DB's who were in good position not even making an attempt at the ball. He really didn't beat any DB's and get open, he just won the jump ball. It was an impressive throw by Casey considering he was running for his life when he tossed it up, but it shouldn't have been completed. Our DB's really need to work on the jump balls and knocking them away, there was similar plays in the Montreal game where the ball should not have been caught.

The 2nd play however Geroy beat his man bad and it was a perfect throw from Lulay.

I love it when I'm right.

Yup, game pretty much the exact way I thought it would, bit of a blowout, BC's run had no effect, and Geroy was the only one worth noting on BC.

I know I heard it!! :lol:

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
What an awesome performance by our D. Pretty well nutralized Casey Printers and Lulay didn't know what was going on.
The O was pretty darn good also. Too bad about Getzlafs' gaffe. We didn't get our 60 points Ken Miller had challenged
the team to achieve but eliminate the Cates fumble and Getz's drop we could have been very close to that figure.

There was a good number of Rider fans at the game, (especially in the one end zone).

Pretty impressed with your team, especially Durant. What I liked was that he was very patient and took what the Lions defense gave him. He didn't force the ball (which a lot of In experienced QB's...and Printers :roll: :roll: :roll: tend to do.) into tight coverage.

Luck, did not need no stinking luck! Lions fans we so easy to sway at least until they got so down because of their teams poor play! Had one Lion fan sitting next to me going blue in the face trying to get the fans to shut up when the lions were on O. He eventually gave up and just spent a lot of time shaking his head!

Nice work leeing.