Week 15 TV: 2 Game Averages 615,000

Well another one of these partial deals as the rating system does not carry the TGiving Monday figures.
However I suspect when they come out as Monday generally does well and probably in the 750K+ range, it would result in better numbers then last weeks usual 4 game average of 687,000.

Friday: Win-Ham 661,000 Comparison has a surprising MLB playoff StL-Phi 768,000
Saturday: Cal-BC 569,000 Good numbers when considering also late NHL game
NHL Ott-Tor whopping 2.359M
Pit - Cal late game 1.01M
MLB Det- Tex 367,000

Given how boring the two thanksgiving games were, I wouldn't expect good things out of them ratings wise. A disappointing weekend really. The Calgary/BC game was a gem and deserved better in terms of audience.

Looks like people missed hockey. :slight_smile:

This whole season has been a dud. The BC-Calgary game was fantastic though, as you stated.
I think the Monday games will have good ratings though since it's a holiday and Calvillo was going for the record.

alot of blow-outs this season.
final scores don't always reflect that, as mop-up time sometimes flatters the losers. but there have been more non-competitive games this year then normal.
i know that doesn't explain why the whole season has seen a drop in ratings, though.

You would also have thought that Montreal could have at least sold this game out... but that wasn't the case...

I think that again, the numbers will be consistent and be down 30% from last year.

I wonder to what degree the black-out in Vancouver affected the BC-Calgary numbers. I know most people watch on high-def, but I find it curious that this was the first local black-out this year (d'oh!) and it drew "average numbers," yet games involving BC have consistently delivered strong numbers for TSN this year (usually #1 or #2).

The black-out has been quite a contentious issue here. The media and fans claim "you need to expose the product." The club claims "we just did. All of those games at Empire and the first game back at B.C. Place were an advertisement."

Blackouts are tough because while you actually do need to get the product out there to sell it, we're reaching a point where the gameday experience on your couch beats the one at most stadiums and does it for far less money.

I don't know what the league is going to do about that, but it's not a great situation.

Friday: Win-Ham 661,000 Comparison has a surprising MLB playoff StL-Phi 768,000 Saturday: Cal-BC 569,000 Good numbers when considering also late NHL game NHL Ott-Tor whopping 2.359M Pit - Cal late game 1.01M MLB Det- Tex 367,000
MLB is a floating corpse these days...Those are terrible numbers for a national playoff game.

Admittedly, I’m very surprised at the high NHL numbers this week.
Personally, I’ve found hockey to be quite boring since approx 1995

Couldn’t agree more with hockey being boring, but still we get hockey, hockey 24/7 over the top coverage.

You're surprised that a Toronto/Ottawa game in the early season got a big number? Do you know what country this is? :stuck_out_tongue:

According to http://twitter.com/#!/CFL_historical, TSN's Thanksgiving day numbers were 637,000 viewers for Toronto @ Montreal and 1,005,000 for Sask @ Edmonton (largest of the season).