Week 12 Riders vs Hamilton

At half...pretty lucky the Cats didn't get points there.

This team with its grinding game late is not really built to come from behind...10 points, yeah, doable, but I am seeing it with great confidence. The OL pass blocking, as per norm, is very hit and miss. Sunseri's entire lack of mobility is showing...I get that he is not a runner, but he needs to just tuck and run once or twice just to get in their heads. He is not playing bad ball, but he is not playing great. The INT...chalk it up as a learning experience...and it does look like he learned.

D is playing great, but the TOP may prove that the TiCat D won't falter to the run game in the 2nd half...and the Cats are playing excellent against the run right now.

Suneri needs to release the ball quicker.

Yup…I thought that about 1/2 through the 2nd they should have sat him for a series…not permanently…just to slow things down for him and let him watch the Cats D. Zero mobility in combination with extreme hesitation equates to a very long day.

What good have I seen in this game, not much!
D has played just ok, special teams not well. Now to the O. I had a lot of faith in Tino, but after watching this game, I now have little faith in him, holds the ball to long, late throws, not impressed, might as well of put Price in to see what he can do! I can only hope DD is back for play-off's. We are in big trouble now, JMO

Oh Greenrider, hope your happy now... with DD out, cuz this could be a long shoot now for a repeat!!

I was going to say the same thing. Anyone questioning Durant as our quarterback just got their answer. Tino was not good at all. Passes not accurate, late release, no mobility, he just looks lost.

Two key turning points both on punts by Milo. First one he shanks 20 yards and Ticats score. Second one a low drive that goes back for a touchdown. How many special team touchdowns have we allowed this year all ready? At least 5 I would figure which is way too many. Why did we bring in another punter and then not use him? Is it a pure ratio thing? Milo can not pull double duty.

So now things get interesting. I would think he has one more chance against Ottawa. He absolutely has to execute at a much better rate then this or were done if we don’t pull the trigger on a trade. The problem is who is out there to get? Burris would come at a price I don’t think the Riders can afford. Ottawa would want far too much as I mentioned before. Tate may have been an option( God I can’t believe I even could think that) but with Bo injured he’s out of the picture and I would have been shocked if Huff would want to trade him to the Riders anyways. Talk about being between a rock and hard place right now that is exactly where the Riders are.

We lose against Ottawa and things are going to get ugly real fast.

best part of the game for me...when they said the stat that the Riders have the most offensive holdings in the league. Wish I could get a recording of that comment so that all the people (especially some bomber fans) who claim they are never called on the Riders can have it thrown back at them. They had 20 coming in and a few more because of Sunseri refused to throw or scramble. For a guy that is full of confidence...perhaps too much...he had none today.

I had to laugh at bit at that comment that Sunseri is full of confidence. He sure showed non today and if he continues to play like that he has nothing to be confident about. Hitting backs on dump passes in the back? How about looking before you throw? Passes behind receivers, overthrows, Yeah not much as a fan or I think as a team to be confident about there.

How can you not get a ball thrown towards Dressler besides the bad pass in the end zone(late again) and not one pass towards him until inside the last minute. We just signed the dude to get the passing game going and then you leave him out of the game? I think they need to use Taj and Dressler in some run plays. Heck if Tino can’t pass to them at least hopefully he can hand off to them.

OMG, Rider Nation! The papers, the phone lines, the fan forums will all be blowing up this week! Look, last year Sheets went down and the Riders lost 4 in a row. They went on to win the Grey Cup.

Look. The fans need to calm down and not over react. Did Sunseri have a bad game? Yes. Did he hang into the ball too long? Yes. Did he have a lack of mobility? Yes. Were adjustments made to the offensive gameplan to set Sunseri up to succeed? No!

Fans can't be throwing him under the bus. It was his first CFL start. Did any of the receivers come up with a big catch for him? No...

Give it some time people and stop being so damn negative! Willy is hurt in Bomber land, and the Riders are 4 points up with a game in hand. Relax! Give this kid a little time. Also, DD will eventually get back on the sidelines to help him.

If anything, this is an eye opener that we need to have a QB Coach on the sidelines..
The Riders will dissect this game in the film room, and Sunseri will get better. IMO, he is a very similar QB to Drew Willy. He just needs some more starts under his belt.

So let's recap the QB situation around the league. In BC, Lulay is down, so Glenn running show. In Calgary, Mitchell is down so Tate running the show. In Edmonton, Reilly back, and Nicholls on bench. In Winnipeg, Willy is down, so Brohm has the nod. In East, it's Ray, Collaros, Burris and Crompton.

Who would the Riders trade for? Seriously? Which team is willing to give up their proven starter, and or their up and comer, to Riders? The answer is NO ONE! Every GM would be waiting for the phone call from Taman to bend him over the barrel.

The Riders have to solve this from within. Sunseri, Doege or Price? Get used to it Rider Nation. Support the new guy through thick and thin and it will pay dividends down the road

Yes I know this was his first start and did I think he would be as good as Durant? Of course not but seriously he was not just bad he was terrible in my opinion. This is pro football and little room for sympathy for a player that can not or does not perform at least up to expectations. He certainly did not do that. I don't think the coaching staff can be blamed too much as far as the game plan goes. The only two call I would question was the punt early on with less then a yard to go and the pass to Dressler on second and goal. I would have had both Allen and Messam in and then run a quarter back keeper. If they don't score at least they probably get it down to the goal line. Besides that the offensive play calling was pretty much conservative. Yes Hamilton did a good job of stopping the run but seriously if anyone didn't think they would key on the run then they are delusional. Anyone think Ottawa is not going to do the same thing or at least try? Tino has to be able to make passes or this will not change in any games going forward.

I agree on the trade comment as I said anyone that would possibly be available would come at a price the Riders can't afford.

If you have ever talked to him or seen him in an interview you would see this. Today he was a deer in headlights and scared to make mistakes. The team has preached not turning it over, and for the young guy who has seen guys sit over it…yeah…he was just trying not to IMO. It is only one game, and all i can say is this…he made good progressions but was scared to throw so was causing holding penalties and behind the target passes. he showed zero mobility…if you want to hold the ball you better move.

Who is blowing this up? nobody has said Sunseri is not capable…it has been banter on this game

He threw for 88 yards. Lets say that again - He had 88 yards total passing and until the last drive had 57 yards for the entire game - in great weather.

The riders have a great team and no need to panic but folks have to be realistic here. How many yards would he get against Calgary or Edmonton? BC or Winnipeg?

What I am suggesting is letting him play the first half against Ottawa next week and if he finds his grove stick with him. If he doesn't then play price and at the end of the game they need to decide about bringing in a more experienced QB.

I think the stats you pointed out is what has me not happy. Had he looked even capable and we lost then fine at least you can say there’s something to build on. Heck if he had performed as good as he did against the Lions I would say just a few things to clean up and time will take care of that. This performance today though was not something to build on. In fact it would almost be better for him to forget this game and try again. Of course they can’t do that and yes they will sit down with him and go over the film and hopefully show him where receivers were open if he only got the ball to them sooner.

I will not write him off just yet but he better get it together and fast and show the team and other teams he can do the job.

Who would you suggest they bring in? Please don’t say Burris because anyone who does should have their head checked. Ottawa is trying to establish a team and are still well in the hunt for a playoff spot (as is EVERY team this year). There is no way they are giving up one of the few headliners they have. It’s not like the Riders are the only ones needing a QB right now. Give Steven Jyles a call? Ask Kerry Joseph if he feels up to the challenge? Find where Michael Bishop is hiding out? Entice Dinwiddie back into playing?

GC2013

4-1 over 2 years

nuff said

Hey hats off to Hamilton they certainly played a good game. That said I would advise not push the bragging any further on this forum. I know your happy your team won and again Hamilton deserved the win but just walk away now and leave it at that.

Oh let them have their moment. Lord knows it doesn’t happen often.

...ryan3434, read the damn forum rules, taunting in another team's forum will result in banning...