Week 11(+ Labour Day) TV: Averages 615,000 Per Game

IM starting to wonder if the Lower then the last few years CFL numbers are from a bit of boredom... I mean, for those of us on the forum, we will watch every game... And this is a small theory based on nothing but thinking when i have too much time @ work.

The CFL was officially formed over 50 years ago now. BASICLY the same cities with the same teams in the same divisions for pretty much the whole time....

Montreal leaves, winnipeg goes to the east.
American expansion- three years with different teams.
Winnipeg back in the west.
Ottawa folds again, winnipeg back in the east.

Other then that, not a lot of new cities added. And iM NOT MAKING A CASE FOR EXPANSION! TOO MANY THREADS ON THAT ALREADY! the NHL, NFL, MLB, and NBA have been dilligent about moving the game around and such, trying to drum up interest in different places all the time. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Perhaps fans are tired of seeing the bombers play the als 4 times a year, then 3 times the next year... in an 18 game schedual. not including pre season and playoffs.

I agree with you.
We need expansion to create added interest and incresing numbers from these cities.

I like baseball; don't love it. But I feel MLB (and the Blue Jays in particular) get a disproportionately high number of priority minutes on TSN and Sportsnet relative to the number of people who closely follow it. At least with Sportsnet, I understand the affiliation with the Jays, yet I really don't know ANY hard-core baseball nuts among my peers.

Oh well, maybe the baseball fanatics say the same thing about us.

I'm told that Baseball is a much more exciting game to watch when you're actually at the ballpark, as the TV cameras fail to show most of the stuff happening at any given time.

I love the game of baseball been to many games in Seattle before 1994, used to be a huge fan watched all the games if I could. I was a big BJ fan, this love affair started when the Expos got all the attention, and the Jays were the little brother. I grew with that team watched them win pennants and blow playoff chances until they won two WS back to back, then 1994 happened. It hurt me and I said f*** MLB and never cheered on the Jays or MLB again. I can say the only thing I watched with interest was the RS Yanks series when Boston finally got the monkey off the back and beat them. Still the series didn't make me wantto follow baseball anymore, I have my memories and still enjoy the game, just don't enjoy it played in a two tier system with overpaid athletes that think they are bigger than the game.

I love the CFL because these guys play for the love of the game and none are bigger than the game itself

for that my TV is always on CFL and the Jays only during sport highlights

and I agree for all sports I see less people wearing MLB products then NFL NBA CFL and NHL