Week 10: 2-6 Bombers @ 3-5 Riders

Gametime: Sunday September 2nd, 3:00pm ET
Roughriders 3-5 (4th in West) 0-5 in last 5 games
Bombers 2-6 (4th in East) 2-3 in last 5 games

Well if the have any hope of clawing back into the West we need to sweep Winnipeg. Remeber this time last year it was 7-1 vs 1-7 and we just fired Marshall and won! were 2 victories better than last year so ill take the small wins where i can.

We need to shut down Elliot and the pass attack but more importatnly ours needs to step up.

Battle for the basement

Teams often play inspired football for a week or 2 after a coach firing, and the Bombers have actually been playing pretty solid ball the last few weeks.

Team needs to play a full game
Receivers need to catch the fn ball.

You said it though. The roles are reversed. Bombers might win these two games with thier coach fired.

Is all I know is the Riders gotta win. There were too many things wrong in the last game to isolate one or two things we have to do better. I think the Bombers won't so much be riding a high from the canning of LaPo as much as reeling from the change of philosophies. According to reports Burke is a tough one - he's got guys busting a gut in 31 degree weather practising at game speed - might work eventually but I believe the Riders will have the upper hand in this game.

Should be another Classic - hasn't sold out yet. What's with the Rider nation? Good season or not this is the game of the year and should be a sell out. Hopefully the crowd is more into it than they were last week - that was anemic.
Go Riders Go! :rockin:

Game time is 4 pm EST, not 3 pm. Just to clarify.

Go Riders!

Hmmm, I thought they said the game was sold out months ago.

They released a pack of tickets a couple of days ago; that's why it hasn't sold out yet.

Bombers 24, Riders 3.

No heart, no desire, no offence.

103 Years of Pride, 100 Years of Heartbreak.

I hope I'm wrong but my wallet will be fatter by 5 PM.

Guess your wallet got lighter!! :lol:

I DON'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT HERE, BUT WHAT HAPPENED ON THAT ONE KICKOFF THAT WE RECOVERED? DON'T THE BOMBERS HAVE TO TOUCH THE BALL FIRST BEFORE WE CAN GO FOR IT, OR AM I JUST OUT TO LUNCH? (IE. NOT THE ONE WHERE THEY JUST BOBBLED THE BALL)

I figure that because all the Riders are behind the kicker when the ball is kicked that they are all eligible to get the ball as long as it goes further then 10 yds. A punt is different.

Not on kickoffs...everyone is onside and everyone can touch the ball when it has traveled 10+ yds.

Wow! What a performance by the Riders. The D threw a shut-out on Labour Day; special teams were spectacular; the O played error free football - a complete turnaround from the last week when we sucked in all phases. Next week we will get an indication if this domination was a result of good coaching and players making plays or the result of a Winnipeg team adjusting to a new HC and the surprise firing of LaPo. The 2 Winnipeg fans I had sitting beside me - really knowledgeable fans - were totally disgusted and thought this was an indication of how bad the Bombers are and not an aberation. Well we will see next week. In the meantime we can bask in the glory of an awesome performance in all phases of the game by the Riders.

Don't get me wrong, the Riders played a solid game, but the Bombers did not show up for that game.

I was concerned with some of the sloppy blocking on the OL. It nearly caused an int on DD and he was actually hit n hurried a fair amount. I know the OL has had a revolving door, but that kind of showing will more often spell disaster than not. The difference with some sloppy blocking was QB mobility, and spreading the ball around to different target.