Week 1 vs Toronto Prediction

Read somewhere that the Cats were something like 1-12 in their last 13 road games....EWWWW

Not only that....

Does anyone know our record in season openers since the year 2000? I can't remember the last time we won a season opener....

:roll:

36-32 pelagic octopuses...

The last road win to start a season off the top of my head was a road trip with coach Greg Marshall in his 1st season. I am probably wrong but that win stood out.

The Cats have lost their last 8 straight season openers and 5 of them were on the road. They're 2-11 in first games 2000 - 20012, beating BC twice -- at home in '02 and away in '04. The lost @ Toronto in '06 and to them, at home, in '09.

"The Cats have lost their last 8 straight season openers and 5 of them were on the road. They're 2-11 in first games 2000 - 20012, beating BC twice -- at home in '02 and away in '04. The lost @ Toronto in '06 and to them, at home, in '09."

Wow, LOL, futility is our name, football is the game!

Too many new faces in the secondary with no experience, T.O. is going to win with the pass. T.O. 31, H. 24.

I wish I didn't think this, but I think it is just going to be another 'rebuilding' year like the last decade has been. It sure would be nice to be the team to beat.

The new Winnipeg stadium looks awesome, fantastic sight lines.

Which team are you talking about here? Looking at the two depth charts, I see both teams with a couple of starting DBs that were starters last year, and a few new starting DBs. The difference I see is that two of the three new Ticat DBs are experienced players, while the Arghs are going with two rookies and a safety with not much, if any, experience at that position.

tabbyfan, you have the score pretty close, but you gave the win to the wrong team,

Actually, it will be Hamilton winning 31 to 20

Neither offences were unchanged for the most part, but both defences have a bunch of new faces. So I'm figuring the defences will be doing a lot of catch-up, and it'll be a high-scoring game.

Ticats 38, Argh-Ohs 29

Oops. Too late to edit.

Given the last time they won a season opener was around 2004, I think they are overdue. But, as mentioned earlier, a lot of unproven players and playing a highly motivated team in front of home fans, I hate to say it but,

Argos: 27
Cats: 17

CATS ARE GONNA WIN THIS GAME!!!!

AUSTIN WILL NOT LET THEM LOSE!( Unlike Sharpie nose)

If you go by the roster posted on the Cats page they have seven LB/DB with two years or less XP.

The “Wildcard” is coach Steinauer. His knowledge of the Blew Team will be the deciding factor. That and Lindsay Lamar.

Cats 34 - Blows 31.

Hate to say it but I told you so, still can't stop the pass; every year the same. I truly wish I was wrong, I really do.

If Hinds made that pick, you could have been very close.