Week 1 - Calgary

Absolument. Printers est la confirmation même de cette affirmation.

Durant n’est pas un si vilain passeur, mais il finit par prendre de mauvaises décisions lorsqu’il est forcé de passer trop souvent et que la pression s’amène. Avec une attaque au sol efficace, il a obtenu un peu plus de gains et plus de passes de touché, avec son meilleur ratio touchés/interceptions à vie.

C’est cette approche qu’il faut à Smith, mais il va aussi falloir que Smith acquière ces qualités qu’il faut pour être compétitif dans cette ligue. Smith a des choses à travailler, mais les designers de l’attaque ont leur part de travail à accomplir aussi.

J’ai hâte de voir la tenue de la défensive. Thorpe ne nous a pratiquement montré que de la couverture individuelle en match préparatoire. J’ai hâte de voir comment Dickenson et Mitchell vont composer avec une palette plus colorée.

Man the new practice field sucks. Glad they're only there for 2 weeks as per LBJ.

City should be embarassed that its football team has to drive around and practice in municipal parcs.

As per CFL transactions of June 24,2014, LB Winston Venable has been transferred from practice roster to active roster and DB Michael Carter transferred from active roster to 1 game injured list.

There are now 25 Int. and 21 Nat. on active roster; all 21 Nat. will dress and 2 Int. won't. 2 amongst Bo Bowling,Kenney Stafford and Winston Venable.

Richard

True. But he still needs to be able to make any throw from the pocket if necessary. You can’t always roll out; if you do, you’re splitting the field in half, which makes it easier for Smith to make his reads but also easier for defences (they only have to cover half the field).

They need to get to the point where he can roll out on either side of center. Its better to create an offense designed with him moving around than what we keep seeing since last year where he’s improvising when he abandons his reads. Ends up throwing on his back foot too much for my linking, that will result in interceptions like it was for Burris in his early CFL days.

A guy that would be ideal as a QB coach for these guys is Damon Allen. Not Dinwiddie, Berry, Miller or Worman...

Agreed, but he still needs to be able to throw from the pocket.

Also, Damon would be a good QB coach, but it seems like Calvillo is on board for next season…

C`mon HfxTC, how can you criticize a city that just spent $60 million on an indoor soccer facility. :roll:

[url=http://www.montrealgazette.com/City+building+most+expensive+indoor+soccer+facility+world/9970658/story.html]http://www.montrealgazette.com/City+bui ... story.html[/url]

I enjoyed last night's game between the Bombers and Argos.

Drew Willy was full marks for the victory. He was able to stretch the field and he was right on the money with his throws. Their RB, Grigsby, also was impressive with a 100-yd performance. An O'Shea team would not be complete without a little razzle-dazzle, which occurred when Renaud threw a perfect strike to a receiver on 3rd down to extend the drive. The O-line gave Willy all the time he needed to make his reads.

Argos played terribly on D and took way too many penalties. The early scouting report is that TO may be weak on D this year, which might be helpful to us going forward.

Now, I have absolutely no idea what to expect on Saturday. I'm recording the game as I'll be away, and I hope to see something positive on O. Watching Willy make those completions, especially the deep routes, post-patterns..., reminded me of the halcyon days of one Anthony Calvillo.

I fully expect that in a rebuilding year there are going to be setbacks. I only hope that Troy Smith, or whoever ends up as the starting QB, can make enough plays, extend drives, and keep the D off the field to give us a chance for the W. Calgary, in recent years, has been a graveyard for the Als, but I hope they can come out and surprise us.

This game is about as fugly as I expected.

ST messing the bed again, including Pippin missing a makeable field goal. No protections that almost resulted in our punter getting killed. And this is the unit directly under Higgins's control, don't forget.

Troy Smith is a moron. Guy's football IQ is lower than that of my sofa. You will not hear from him after this year, that's my feeling.

Dinwiddie has no idea how to call plays for second and long.

We'll be lucky not to get shut out today.

Regrettably, I can’t disagree with any of this. It’s only been one quarter, but it’s hard not to be worried about the rest of the season.

EDIT: And just as I finish this comment, Smith throws an interception. AYOYE!

And Smith just serving up the interception one play after not pulling the ball on the zone read. This guy is 30 years old, keep in mind. He's not 24.

He will not last the year as the starter. He has no idea what to do pre-snap, his decision-making is super-slow, and he cannot. Read. The. Field. He's had receivers open already during this game but misses them completely.

Even the RDS broadcasters didnt know what to say about that throw. Another year of Whyte, Brouillette messes up twice. Only bright spot is Whitaker.

Wilson's dumb penalty gave the momentum to Calgary...

The minute I saw Whyte setting up for a field goal 40 yards against the wind. I knew Higgins fracked up.

That wasn’t Brouillette’s man on the TD. Was the HB.

The problem is, he has not provided me with a single glimpse that he’s capable of better things. Not one pass thrown, one read made, one good decision, NOTHING. Every snap he’s just awful from start to finish.

One nice bright spot: Whitaker looks great!

It was the HB’s man but safety has to provide deep help over top. Which Brouillette absolutely sucks at. He’s the worst at playing center field. Seriously, is he ever in the frame and flowing to the ball to help out? Nope. He’s either in the wrong spot or late reading the field. We’re putting Edem on the bench so we can pretend Brouillette is a pro safety. This is wrong.

sigh

It is going to be a long and frustating season. Looking at how sharp the Blue Bombers and the Red Blacks are, I guess this year is the Alouettes' turn to be in the barrel.

Aaand just after possibly the first positive pass play, Idiot Smith gives up a huge sack trying to get the edge.