Website

How do I get from the forums to the main website. I have the forum bookmarked so I open on to that. In the forum, no matter what I click on, I just get returned to the forum. Should the logo at least get you to home page of the website? On a Mac probook using chrome.

Are we going to get our numeric roster back? For people who don't know much about the team, the alpha roster is a nice addition to the website but certainly not worth the cost of losing the numeric, which is far more useful for fans who follow the team regularly.

The ability to sort on any column, especially number and position, is important to me. Sorting by position is especially useful at this time of year when trying to figure out who will be on our roster and who is likely to start.

Are you saying, CFO, that there is a way to “sort” the alpha roster which is all I believe we’re getting on ticats.ca since the changes to the site? Or, that you wish there was a way? If there is a way, I’d appreciate being tutored on how to view the provided alpha as numeric.

I’m saying there used to be a way to sort by any column on the old version of the roster page (by clicking on the column header), but that feature is not currently available on the new version. This is a feature that I used quite a bit, and that I hope is on the “to do” list to add back in.

The ability to sort the columns on the roster page is definitely on the to-do list.

And if you can add players’ school, birth date, years in CFL and years with TiCats in a sortable column form that would be great as well.

On the bright side, they wised up and didn't try to roll out the new design on opening day of the season like they did a few years ago.

On closer look, there are some written articles on the website. The problem was that I hadn't noticed the difference between them and the videos on the main page - the videos have a play button superimposed over the picture. Still haven't found a link to an archive of these articles, but that doesn't mean it's not there, apparently. :oops:

I visit perhaps once per week to keep track of the team. When I’m on the site, I basically want to read the ‘news’ page, or at least articles that have been posted since the last time I visited.

Unfortunately, the new web page design no longer has a ‘news’ page. Instead, there are a bunch of tiles / links to individual stories / videos on the home page, but only about a dozen links which go back a couple of days or so.

There’s a button at the bottom to ‘load more’, which loads another dozen or so videos / articles, but if you load a bunch of links to get back, say a couple of weeks, and read an article, you’re sent back to the original 12-link home page when you page back. The other links are no longer available without paging back down again - a real annoyance which makes it ridiculously difficult to go back and access older stories / posts / videos. Also, you’re prevented from opening the ‘tiles’ in a new window or tab, which means paging down multiple times again. Really horrible web design for news access.

I’m with our friend from Ottawa… There is no reason not to have both the home page interface with the tiles and a ‘NEWS’ page that can be accessed to make direct access to individual articles easier.

Please, PLEASE put back the ‘News’ page - I suggest linking the page directly to the ‘Show More’ button that is already there, so those interested can actually see all the other stuff as a list of links.

Thanks, and ‘Go CATS’

What the heck, while I'm suggesting things:

There used to be a page that had all Ticat alumni listed, along with some stats and background info (or perhaps I'm misremembering). To long-time fans the history of the club is important and interesting, and I'd really like to be able to look up, as an example, which teams Tommy Joe Coffee, or Jack Blair, or perhaps Dave Lane, played for.

Also, since the Cats were nice enough to stream the Ottawa preseason game, why not make the WHOLE GAME video available on the site, rather than just the useless 1-minute TSN summary that doesn't even cover all the scoring.

Thanks!

Still waiting. :slight_smile: And with all the injuries in training camp, I’ve wanted to use this feature a few times already.

But much more important in my opinion is a way to turn off the music on the home page. The weird thing is that I never even knew there was music on the home page until I plugged in my USB headset for my internet phone. Suddenly, blaring in my ears was some very loud rock music. Not bad, actually, but unfortunately it took so long figuring out which web page it was coming from that missed the call.

I did a bit of testing, and the music doesn’t play until I plug in my USB headset. And when I unplug the headset, the music plays through the speakers.

A good start to improvement, or toward getting back to what we’ve had available in the past, would be just keeping the roster here up to date. I.e. - adding Collins and Washington

I personally think the new site is a bloated mess. The team footage that plays is the background on the main page is a complete resource hog. Anyone with a computer more than 3-4 years old will likely find their system coming to a complete halt.

Once you click off the main page it's much better, but that main page is a killer of even slightly old computers.

Call me crazy, but you shouldn't need a brand new computer to load a football team's site.

Bob! You made your biggest mark yet by piloting RedHat Linux, and Linux is all about efficiency, so why would you tolerate a bloated mess of a website?

If websites were cars, then the current site would be a gas guzzling boat of a car.

I’m running a 9 year old computer and there’s no slowdown, choppiness or hangups with that opening page. Runs just fine.

To whom it may concern: A simple request (and I’m sure I’m not the only one asking)
Now that the final cuts have been made and we have an active roster of 46…
Can we now PLEASE get the roster on the site back to how it was before all the changes ???
The way the current roster is listed is nothing short of a jumbled mess,with all players listed alphabetically regardless of their current status on the team. I’m hoping that now T.Camp is over and done with maybe someone in charge can give us fans back our categorized roster as it was before. An active list of 46 players followed by 1 gm IL and 6 gm IL and 10 P.R.
The roster on this site as it stands right now is totally frustrating and confusing as everybody is jumbled together and it’s all over the map instead of being fan friendly and easy to figure out. So PLEASE now that the regular season is upon us just a simple request…PLEASE FIX the ROSTER back to the way it was before somebody had the brilliant brainwave to change something that was never broken and worked fine in the first place…So hopefully by Friday nights season opener it will be changed and made more organized and fan friendly and easier to decipher then the current unorganized format it’s in at the present time. Okay Rant Over…Thank you for your time…OSKI-WEE-WEE GO CATS GO :thup:

Sorting by column is there now. (Not sure when it showed up.) But the injury lists and practice roster aren’t separated, so it’s hard to tell who’s going to be playing and who isn’t.

(Not demanding at all, am I? :wink: )

The sorting by column is a step in the right direction,but the separation of the roster into different categories isn’t. Hopefully whoever is in charge will rectify this by the start of the season on Friday. An active 46 man followed by 1 gm IL/6 gm IL/PR.
The roster on the old site was always like that and made it a lot easier to keep track of who is who and where is where when checking out players and their statuses when determining the game day 46 and who is and isn’t available and where they are status why instead of just listing everybody together. Like I said hopefully whoever is in charge is working on this and hopefully it will be rectified in the near future.

Before all these changes, Hamilton was the CFL model as far as their rosters was concerned-always up to date and if a change was made,roster was updated. NOT ANYMORE. CONFUSION1

Not because it's my team, the Alouettes are now a model,regarding rosters.

So interesting when we have the accurate information of all teams when we go to CFL rosters on CFL site.

Richard

As per CFL transactions of June 21,2015, the Tiger-Cats have:

Transferred 11 players to 1 game injured list. Not reflected on CFL roster.
Transferred 3 more players to 6 game injured list. Not reflected on CFL roster.
Added 10 players to practice roster. Not reflected on CFL roster.
Suspended players were transferred to 1 game injured list,except 1. Not reflected on CFL roster.

Richard