Website Stuff

Ok, its been a while now since the speed issue was dealt with. What other changes can we expect to see soon?

When are we going to be able to “Ask the Ref” a question?

When with the back archives of ref questions, press releases, etc. going to be up?

Looking forward to new and exciting things on the site.

…yeah, up to speed on Ask The Refs, I gotta bunch of questions:

In England, do the DJs annouce them as Zed Zed Top?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
If nothing sticks to it, how come teflon sticks to the pan?
24 beer in a case, 24 hours in a day, coincidence?

u know they Pronounce Z “Zed” in Canada as well.

So true Eskimos32001.

As for teflon, it holds with velcro.

I used to suscribe to a newsletter called “Cool facts”. Everyday, I received in my email inbox the rational explanation for something I would have never ask myself about. I was really fun to see every weird thing has a logical explanation.

The “How does teflon stick to the pan” topic emerged some day. The explanation was: it does not “stick”, it “holds” to the pan the same way velcro does. The exterior part of the pan is made of metal. So when they mold it, the interior part of the exterior part (stay with me) is made of thousands of micro hooks. So when you put the teflon in there, it molds itself around the tiny hooks and can’t get out once it cools down.

Just for the record, “Cool facts” became a paid service with time so I stopped getting it. I don’t know if it still exists.

If we are asking such questions.
Why does Bugs Bunny walk around naked and put on trunks when he goes swimming?

Why does Mickey Mouse wear a bottom and no top, while Donald Duck wears a top and no bottom?

Finaly the question to end all questions.
What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way? :?

Mickey Mouse needs the shorts to cover his bits and pieces but Donald Duck’s bits and pieces are covered up by feathers

:P

So what is bug’s excuse

He wants to keep himself dry.

…it’s working…we are slowing warping the mods to our Dark Side…[la]insert evil laugh here[la]…

Since when does a bathing suit keep you dry

And the chair

I never saw this topic coming…but seeing how it already exsist…I’ll throw one out.

Why does my toaster have a setting on it that burns my toast so badly, no human can eat it?

And can god microwave a potato so hot, even he couldn’t eat it?

Why does your iron have a permanent press setting?

When the police arrest a mute do they tell him he has “the right to remain silent”.

If you shoot a mime - Do you use a silencer?

If a tree falls on a mime in the forest - Does he make a sound?

Why does a light switch say on and off?
When it on you can see it’s on.
When its off it’s too dark to read.

If Hooters were to become a door-to-door service would they have to change their name to Knockers?

If you don’t pay your exorcist, do you get repossessed?

What did cured ham actually have?

What is the parking situation like at the Special Olympics?

If a tin whistle is made out of tin (and it is), then what, exactly, is fog horn made out of?

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?

What WAS the best thing before sliced bread?

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea… does that mean that one enjoys it?
When a cow laughs, does milk come out its nose?
If you choked a smurf, what color would it turn?