Weak Offense exposed

I stated half way through the season that the “any team without an effective offense will never win a Grey Cup”.
We all saw it, who are we trying to kid…geeeez!

Trestman’s available, he would be excellent for the offence

This season for me as a BIG Rider Fan was hell. No offense, No Excitment, No Grey Cup.
I will tell you as a fact, if the same OC is in Regina next season, the Season Ticket doesn’t get RENEWED
Trestman is an offensive guru, Jones is a defensive guru.
Absolutely would be better than what we saw all season with McAdoo
Man he sucks.

I know everybody’s grousing about the lack of offense (and I’m not disagreeing with you), but I can assure you that if any one of the teams lost their starting QB, their offense is likely going nowhere and they perform pretty much the way we did yesterday! Think about it, Jennings, Arbuckle, Glenn (likely the best backup alternative), Streveler…any of those guys need to take the reins and their team is in tough, and that’s the strong West teams…don’t get me started on the East backups!

Exactly. I said we would need some points from our kick returners or d to win. We came close a couple of times to busting kickoffs for a td. Unfortunately we were dead in the water if we were forced to rely on our o to put up more than 1 td

The biggest hurdle this team is up against right now is McAdoo, correct that position first and a lot of things will correct itself. That top shelf needs a dusting and a new nameplate. The 2nd biggest hurdle is to make enough noise so the top shelf hears the noise. As mentioned previous by quite a few others there is a dam good replacement available as of recently. hell he’s probably even looking over the fence and I would bet would just jump like a rabbit to join this organization. Trestman

Totally agree, Macadodo needs to go, A new O line Coach would not hurt either. Next we need a QB. We might as well kept Glenn he played better last season. Last year 3 1000 yard WR, Rosie, Carter and Grant, Rosie only one left, Even Dressler had a good season… oh yah he does not play for us anymore. This O is on Jones, Defence does not win games, all three phases does!! I am still not a fan of Jones… he did build a great D gotta give credit due, but I bet Macadodo is still here next season, but lots of players aren’t due to salary. Jones needs to wake up and make some coaching changes. Our Receiver core is ok, even the young ones. We need a QB with a new O cord coach. Once again, next year… maybe.

With Wally done in BC, there will be a new Head Coach looking for some coordinators.

Maybe our OC will get an opportunity in BC, Ha. Then we can bring a OC in who can work with a young QB.

I hate to say it, but we may loose some good coaches in all the shuffling that is about to take place.

Decided to cheer for the Ti-Cats to go all the way.

Your not getting Trestman as an OC so you can dream away. Trestman made over 600k as a HC so you think he is going to take probably a quarter of that to be an OC? No team can afford him as an OC now with the new cap. Hell look at us and the cuts on staff made and cuts to all staff wages coming this year. Besides Jones has already stated that Mac will be back as the OC, so as much as I don’t like it this will stay the same for next year as far as the OC position goes.

Then your going to save a bit of cash because Jones stated today Mac will be back next year as OC.

Mac put together a respectable offense last year. He’s not as bad as every one says

when your defense and special teams have as many or more td’s then your offense then something the hell sure ain’t right. WTF was that brilliant plan of putting Watford in inside the 20 when Bridge had been running great and actually looked to have something going? A cold qb that the Bombers knew was going to be a run play and we get stop for no gain then put Bridge in and get a procedure and then another short pass and have to settle for 3. Sorry but that was one of the biggest bone headed ideas I have ever seen. I just about threw my pop at the tv I was so ticked off.

Yeah our qb’s are an issue and I think we would have won with ZC but then again with the bad weather and passing being very spotty for both teams Bridges ability to run is far better then ZC’s. Bridge did miss a couple of wide open receivers though for majors that really killed us. Let’s be honest here and neither ZC or bridge really wowed us, a couple of good games but plenty of others were really bad too. Neither should be around next year. No way you keep ZC for over 400k and Bridge has zero confidence or abilities to read the defense. I think ZC is done and should be considering his health issues.

Yup to it all.

I don’t know maybe they saw something in practise with Bridge where he sucks inside the 20. I mean that one pass behind Roosevelt I believe where he was wide open was horrible. You can draw up the plays but it’s up to your team to execute. There were plenty of missed opportunities early that aren’t necessarily on the coach

How about this this for next year, Durant if he can play, glen, and bridge, I bet we would do ok. ? Of course jones wouldn’t go for that so we will be crossing our fingers , next year could be a real different team with new leagues starting up.

Well said.

I am not a big fan…I have not exactly hidden that. He lacks creativity in misdirection in running plays and he too often moves away from things that are working and doesn’t return to them…but he has shown he can get things done in the past.

this was an O that made a big youth movement. A part of that was because there are some big names on D that are FAs after this season…clearing up some cash was important. Jefferson is going to take a stab at the NFL and I will be surprised if Sam does not as well.

It is often said you lose a game for every rookie…well, look at the rookie/first year players and then the 2nd year players. That O will improve next year…massive QB question mark is of course a huge concern. I would like to see Zach back as I feel continuation would be a good thing…but I don’t think that will happen.

special note…in the first 2/3 of the season the OL took a couple holds per game, but about a half a hold a game after that. a couple huge changes happened in that time…Clark and Bladek were out. I do think Bladek can be a really good player…but I hope LaBatte is at C next season and that JSJ is retained and at one of the OG spots. Hopefully Shepley rounds that out or adds a 4th national there.

The weather factor was overplayed…it wasn’t that significant really.

One thing people keep overlooking with Bridge…and I aint saying he is the answer…I have always had my beefs with him…is that he had some massive runs. That is something that Collaros wouldn’t provide.

Pulling him on that drive…yeah, that was ridiculous.

Bridge summed up his game with that pass to Roosevelt in the endzone…brutal. he did actually look better with the short stuff in the game, which was surprising…his armstrength makes it hard to put touch on those ones. The interception was the game though really. yeah…the guy was open but Bridge was having an abnormally hard time with the deepball…it is usually his strength so it was super weird to see him throwing short all game…but that play he had the edge and was in full stride and decided to throw? really stupid…easy first down.

The one thing with swapping them out…they had redzone playsets…which is why they did that. I don’t like it but that is why. They did this a couple times in the game. Once was early in the game (2nd drive iirc) and that actually looked good…still not a fan, but it worked…Bridge however came back in and went cold IMO. The other was the one you mentioned…Bridge and Roosevelt hooked up for a huge first down on 2nd and >10. I believe they pulled him out on a concern on the play and to discuss something. Watford comes in and makes a nice enough scamper…then boom…interception. That is 2 times that they did this and drives stalled…one being the huge pick the play Bridge went back in

He is kind of a middle of the pac guy.

That o line did come along. I think they should be solid there for years to come especially if Shepley pans out. 4 Canadian starters on the oline would be ideal.

Then we can kiss yet another year goodbye, maybe time for ego Jones to hit the road. Makes no sense keeping that useless OC. His whole playbook fits on a folded napkin. Macadodo needs to go, maybe time Reynolds grows a pair and tells Jones to send him packin! I have never seen an Offence here as bad as this one was. Never! problem ain’t the players it’s the coach. We all can see this, time Jones does, in his own words, this is a business, time to put friendship aside and fire Macadodo’s sorry arse! Getting hard to watch a game cause our O puts me to sleep.

I know this is a touchy subject, but tell me who would be a better Q.B. duo next year than Collaros, Glenn. With what is available on the Q.B. market, assuming none of the Reillys, Mitchells, Harris’s are coming on board, go all in for the year and maybe groom a youngster to take over. The rookie would have some great leadership to follow, and let’s face it, there is no youngster coming on board that can go number one Q.B. off the hop. Add to that the fact that “next year,… we are grooming” is getting old. Go win a cup already. Let 2020 be a new project.