If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

• John McCrae

27th Oct – 11th Nov is Poppy Week.

Please Support your Veterans, and Buy A Poppy

:thup: Nice Touch Tig!

And so many of our early football heroes joined the service! :thup:

In fact there is quite a bit of history with the CFL and veterans! :thup: :thup:

In Flander's fields, Korea, VietNam, Ground Zero in New York City, Afghanistan's hills and Iraq's sand, the true heroes, who stand the post so we can sleep soundly, keep sacrificing their very lives for our freedom and well being.....a simple thank-you seems so inadequate sometimes....but it's all we can offer sadly.....

I bought a poppy today myself..... (in Caledonia)

I will Allways Support Our War Dead..
Everyone Should Buy a Poppy.

To all servicemen and women; Both present and past; Both living and deceased;

Thanks.

WHAT? What about The Living? I Support ALL

I second that.

i think this week and rememberance day is such an important thing, but we sometimes over look it and we really shouldnt.
everyone should be thankful and do something to show their appeciation whether it be a simple "thanks" and or buy a poppy and support the veterns who don't receieve a high income at their age.

So, Thank You to everyone who makes our world a safer place.

ps. i think this was an excellant post compared to alot of the stupid stuff thats get on these boards! :thup:

I never miss an opportunity to say, “Thank you” to a war vet. Without our service men and women we would never know the meaning of freedom and democracy.

Bless em all!

To all those who have served, to all those who are presently serving, I salute you and pray for your success. God bless the freedom that we so enjoy.

bump

Just a reminder, with November 11th falling on a Saturday this year, the Remembrance Day Parade will be held on the Saturday, rather than the Sunday. Parade leaves the armouries at 1015hrs with services at the Cenotaph starting at 1045hrs. Please try to attend.

Lest we Forget

The word Lest is fascinating. It means that if we've forgotten we need to remember, but at the same time it means that if we perform services that show we remember then we will not forget. The implied consequence of forgetting is dire and forboding.
It is a spiritual word that defies actual definition and yet we all seem to access its meaning. God bless all who have defended us, and pray that few of our best and brightest will suffer the same fate. Lest we forget.

There is also the Dundas parade on Saturday. Forms up at the Fire Hall at 10:15, then to the Dundas cenotaph (King and Market St)

It seems such a small thing to take time on one day to remember and honour their bravery and sacrifice. But, it is something. Take the time.

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning......We will remember them.

Thanks Dad!(and my Grand Father)
Pop a Toonie in for the living Veterns.

On the eve of Remembrance Day, I felt this thread deserves a BUMP.
I've listened today to reports of a poll that suggests only 41% of Canadians indicated that they would be attending a service at a cenotaph.I'm surprised that they would report a number so high. I know that not even 10% of our population is present at our cenotaph, and I can't inagine even 5% of Hamilton's population crowding into Gore Park. So, obviously, people are saying what they think is the proper response. We should be grateful that so many even pay lip service to what should be a no brainer.
Ah, if only our schools would reinstate the study of Canadian history! So much bravery, heroism, and dedication in our past, and it is ignored today, even scorned by many.
In the end, it's the thought that counts.

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning.... we will remember them

Thanks Dad and all the Vets on this Holy Day.

On CH I saw the remebrance of the Afgan deaths this past year it really hits home this year :frowning: