WE WANT CHANG

Regardless of whatever else you can knock Casey for, you can not even mention him in the same breath with the ineptness of Timmy Chang.
[/quote]
I question this statement and question how you can call the all time NCAA record holder inept. Check his records, stop basing your opinions on last years train wreck here. This forum rips apart all members of this team always .. the coaches suck the management sucks and then you support thier decisions to make Chang 4th on the depth chart ? As I read I struggle to understand just who's side any one here may be on. My opinion is simply start Chang loose with him as we loose with all the others until a future unfolds before our win hungry eyes. I as a fan I'd like to see Chang play, so I guess until we release him I will have to wait, but one thing I do know is this NCAA record holder is anything but inept!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see Chang play. :thup:

NCAA means nothing in the CFL. News flash pal - most of the CFL players hold NCAA records. It’s college ball, which is nowhere near the same skill level as the CFL. I know some people who worship American college football believe that they are in the same league as the CFL but the truth is most of those players could not make it here. We all know that the top college stars are men playing against boys. Don’t get it twisted. Stop basing my opinion on what he did last year? Are you kidding me? He started two games and it was painful to watch him. I was embarrassed for him because he didn’t have a clue what was going on out there. Don’t tell me it’s because he was against the top D in the league, because if he can’t play against them then he’s not a starter!

Chang has done nothing to me and it’s not a personal attack. I’ve seen him play. His two starts were two of the worst performances I’ve seen since Dickens and Bankhead. Call me whatever you want. I’ll say it again - NCAA college ball is NOT on the same level as the CFL. Get it through your heads. The difference between Chang and Printers is that when Printers is in the game he leads the offense and he makes plays. This year’s offense has some serious problems but we saw by putting WIlliams in that it was pretty much the same result - no passing TD’s. But once Casey throws a few touchdowns then what will be your case for Chang?

People shuffling quarterbacks for the sake of “seeing what happens” is not a strategy of any kind. If they start doing that - trying Porter one game, Chang the next, sharing time in games, that’ll be the final nail in this team’s coffin.

Hey "Pal" maybe you know "some people" that worship American College Football, "News flash" I am not one of them! So ... We are born we grow we expand our horizons we become something or we dont, what we become and what we did to get there is IMPORTANT and meaningfull, the fact that you from behind your keyboard can lable someone inept is the point of my post. As for playing against the "top D" I again never said that, those are your words, point is you havent a clue of what it was I said so try again .. read carefully .. I said I would like to see Timmy Chang play but will have to wait until we release him. You make it sound as if what he has done to get to this point in his career means nothing? I disagree. As for NCAA vs CFL your right there is and can be no comparison regradless of the opinion of some others the step is big and difficult for all players, how they deal with that step is dictated by coaching and additude, as I see it Timmy Chang and a large number of Ti Cat players are in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am glad you were embarrassed for Timmy Chang, because if he reads this forum he may just feel the same way for you. Timmy Chang is the NCAA record holder, no other can lay claim to that fact I for one would like to see what that means how that translates into his pro career and I for one would be willing to bet that a few short seasons from now (if he gets out of Hamilton) we will know.

You guys are so long winded!
My answer: chang :thdn:
Porter :thup:

"We want Chang" ?????
No we don't. His ineffectiveness is legend. I don't know why he still around. I'll bet he is among the first to go when the coaching regime changes.

What do you base that load of crap statement on ??? One bad game against Toronto last year, if one bad game determinded a career, you'd better cut every player that has been here the last decade. Come on now, its time to stop the insanity. So what your saying also is "the new regime" will stay with the starters that are playing now?? Gee cant wait, because it seems those wins are piling up now eh lol

justafan: Its all about potential. Chang needs far too much time yet to develop into a CFL starter or even a back-up. If he ever develops. Williams is coming along just fine. The offence likes to play for him and it shows. I want to see more of Porter too.
I think we have enough talenton this team to produce better football than we have seen. Its mostly the coaching that’s holding them all back. Its not just me who says that…as you may have noticed. :frowning:

Thanks for responding, but I really require one solid reason as to why you say Chang needs far too much time? In fairness I will give you my reasons and thoughts as to why I believe he should be the QB we are focusing on, and playing now.... Tim Chang as he was known in college came from a very well run system coached by former NFL and CFL QB June Jones, from start to finish he excelled within this system and set NCAA records as we know, almost roboticly game after game his best assets were utilized and the results were record setting, the same is possible here but I believe a player of Changs very coachable nature is required to achieve this. Watching tonights Sask game I cant help but think about system, to watch a team continue to excel with a roster full of backups that know what to do when they get thier chance to play, the Hamilton Tiger Cats are very poorly coached and we as fans will miss out on a QB that will one day be Super Star .. I await your reasons why he will take to long ?

Its nice to be a fan of a player, but in reality Chang shot himself in the foot last year when he demanded to start. Possibly the coaching staff made a mistake by starting him on Labour day, but he obviously wasnt ready.

There are alot of QBs that can throw the ball but few who can play in the CFL.
Chang needs far too much time yet to develop into a CFL starter or even a back-up. If he ever develops. Williams is coming along just fine.

Chang is a great scrambling QB. all the way back to his own end zone.lmao

You speak of reality yet never quote reasons why you feel this, always basing your opinions on last years debacle. I could easily say the same of Printers and after the Calgary stinker who of you can say he is ready? Lets face the facts here, Printers played great in BC, but really so has every other QB to follow since him, here in Hamilton once Danny Mac faulter .. well so has every QB since him. Notice the pattern? As for a player wanting to play, personally those are the players I want on my team win or loose , consider and remember the situation last Labour Day when what happened unfolded.Williams has come along "just fine" but winning in the CFL with a run first weak armed QB is not going to happen. This is my personal and I believe informed opinion as I didnt just fall off the football turnip truck. Any good coach lives and dies by system in all sports and all players count on thier supporting cast to suceed.

tru tru. but Chang instinkt was to run the wrong way.? Williams has moved the team while no others could even the mighty Casey. IMO trade him or cut him and use the coin to build the O and D lines

justafan:

The reasons? Happy feet. Throws too quickly before reading defences. Those are my impressions and I watched every game he was in.
I was also part of the movement last season to dump Maas and bring in Chang. But when I saw him play it was obvious he needed more time. Then Williams came in as a desperation measure. Considering the circumstances Ritche did quite well. Better than Chang. Moved the team and it seemed, like this year too, that the rest of the offence wanted to play for him.
The practice squad is a good place for Timmy. He needs the time. The question is ...how long can we carry him when the three other QB's are deemed by the coaching staff to be better?

If Williams starts this week after the Argos have prepared for him and without Jesse you will see the real deal. With the lack of game prep we have seen with our coaching staff. New records will will set in running backwards. Williams running of play action was so telegraphed that if that continues he will be eaten alive. i really hope this is not the case and hope that somehow the coaching staff can correct this. Its easy to blame the O-line but when designed misdirection fools no one the O lines job becomes impossible. There is so much more going on thats not talked about here, easy to blame the players because we watch them fail each week. If you would take the time to check video of each of our QB's you will clearly see what I am talking about, frankly Tim Chang is most structured followed by Porter comparable to AC and Dickenson type players. For those NFL types, more along the lines of a Tom Brady Style. Yes I said that !! Printers and Williams are great athletes that depend upon raw ability first. Therefore it truly comes down to coaching and design of a system that works for the type of player you have. In my humble opinion we as fan miss out because of narrow minded stubborn coaches.

A quick PS. before the you jump all over the Tom Brady comment. So its clear the ability to run and follow a system is the only thing the same about Tom Brady and Tim Chang, coachability!

mr62cats
Anything deemed better by this coaching staff concerns me.

Re justafan- Is Taaffe still pushing his west coast nofence. or is the O.C contoling everything, Or is the O a Missmash of both with dmac quike read mixed in? :roll:

This is exhausting. We've been through this argument. We went through it when Danny was the qb, we went through when Maas was the qb, we're going through it with Printers as the qb, and now Williams gets a start and we want the next guy on the depth chart - again. It's not going to work. Chang just isn't ready for the CFL. I respect what he's done in his NCAA career, but that doesn't help the Hamilton Ticats. Therefore, it's irrelevant to me. It's not a personal thing. I do want Chang on the field holding for field goals because Setta hasn't had as much success this year without him. But this shuffling of the quarterbacks thinking that the next guy and then the next guy, and maybe the next guy will suddenly turn this team into an offensive juggernaut is ludicrous. So, if Casey (the starter) is healthy then he plays. If he's not healthy then Williams, who did a decent job last week, will start because he's the number two. They had a whole offseason and training camp to sort this out. There's no point in throwing Chang in just to see what happens.

Yes Printers is the starter and thats that. Williams is #2 because his style of play most resembles Printers as last year early Maas was the starter Chang #2 simply because he was the most similar available at the time, thus why I reference system not talent. As a team prepares the last thing a coach wants is to make changes between players that are so different. Coaches are stubborn most always loosing their jobs for that reason. Each player is a replacement part as they come into the fold, which is clearly the case for the better teams. Calgary can make 15 roster changes and still compete as can BC and the Sask success is a remarkable story in its own with what seems to be a never ending supply of replacement parts. So with the money spent we follow the road we have Cassy Printers former MVP but we dont have his former supporting cast. Week in and week out we count upon his ability to avoid pressure and add lib in a basic play action QB option offense that as far as I can see once the fake is made the QB in on his own. The results speak for them self. I believe in and followed Hawaii because what Tim Chang did there amazed me. He followed a system and excelled. This was not a US college wish bone run first offense, this was a high powered run and gun pass first offense. Much the same as the days of Tom Clements in the CFL. More amazing was after Chang Colt Brennan stepped in and in record setting ways of his own he did the same. Had you watched Chang run this offense as I did you to would laugh at the comments made here that he is not ready, because the truth is, he is ready but sadly the Tiger Cats coaching staff is not ready for him. I jumped for joy when I heard Chang became a Ti Cat, but then again I did the same the day we signed AC, hhhhmmm could I be right again? Please trade him or release him because Id love to see this talented student of the game and team leader play Canadian Football, a game truly made for his talents. Believe me or not … time will tell.