We want a winner sooooooo bad.

Even after a terrible 4-14 season that felt a heck of alot worse then the 5-13 season of 2005 an average of almost 27,000 people showed up for the games this year.

In reflection I realize that this city might have taken the 1998-2001 teams for granted a bit. In those years I got used to winning and expected the team to do well. About 19,000-20,000 people showed up on average , for a team that was, more often then not, at the top of its game most days.

I can only speak for myself but I really want a decent team next year more then I ever have in the past. The don’t even have to win a playoff game. 9-9 will do .

Given the fan support the team has received over the last three season I think IWS will be a magical place to be if Hamilton can just field a good team that can play consistent.

Just venting and hoping.

It may be true that during the period of time from 1998-2001, people in Hamilton did not quite fully realize how fortunate they were to have a winning team. But it should also be pointed out that the marketing of the team was not as effective as it is now. I suppose there are other factors that led to the team not being supported as much. But the team is no irrelevant, although some say it could become that way agian. I'm not sure if that's true. But as Bob pointed out in the most recent Caretaker's Update, getting the kinds of attendances at IWS is essential to the team becoming successful again. And it may need to just happen one step at a time. Even if the team were only playing .500, that would be acceptable to some. I'd imagine it would be much harder to but a ticket to a Ticat game then.

:)
I can only speak for myself but I really want a decent team next year more then I ever have in the past.
You can safely speak for me too, and Marcel, and Jason, and George (Hudson), and Corey, and DJ, and the rest of team, and the front office staff, and almost everyone else I can think of.

Cheers, Bob.