We Still have a longgg way to go before we are front runners

I'm not saying we don't have a chance!, please don't get me wrong! I am seeing that our team has some issues that we need to work on before I can see our team being able to compete for first place in the West and having a good shot at the Grey Cup!

Keith needs to get his butt in gear and start making those runs that he is apparently well known for! he can't do this too much longer or he'll begin to have the Rider faithful on him for lack of production!

We need to solve the problem with letting those passing yards add up against us! Dickenson really had his way in week 1. yes, we did manage to maintain him in week 2 but this doesn't mean that we've necessarily fixed the problem! I'm afraid that teams like Edmonton and Calgary might have a field day with us if we don't correct it soon.

how to start. week one was i fluke, the riders came out flat and DD came out flying.

KK is still one of the best backs in the CFL but you cant always run . BC came out playing a defence designed to stop the run.

he'll begin to have the Rider faithful on him for lack of production!
love thr riders, love the fans btu when it comes to knowing football the rider fans are the worst in the CFL

First of all, he isnt as good as Corey Holmes, that is the consensus belief. But you cannot run the ball all the time. In week one, the riders were down by 14 points in the 1st 5 minutes of the game. Obviously the riders needed to pass more than they probably would have liked. Also, can you honestly see Henry Burris picking our defence apart? Be real, not in a million years, not like Dickenson did. The D just didnt show up in the 1st game. It happens i guess. Nothing to worry about…

its not time to push the

yet, gel time 1st

not saying that I am.. I'm just saying that we have some work still

ya i hear u :wink: i was hoping the the [b]Riders[/b] offence would of gel together b4 the 1st game :cowboy: right now im just a lil concerned regarding the defence :expressionless: a lil sluggish right now :oops:

First of all, he isnt as good as Corey Holmes, that is the consensus belief
Whose consensus? not anyone who knows football or the riders team. Holmes is a great player and he will be missed, but there is a reason he's never been the feature back on the riders and isnt the feature back on the ticats

I love Corey, he’s an amazing guy and a very versatile player but I have to second this last post

well whats the reason?

Well, Corey Holmes is more of a team guy, he will do what is needed for the team. He has a great attitude. He doesnt get injured every time he touches the ball. He is a great guy off the field - doesnt have a questionable character. Why wouldnt you want Corey Holmes over Kenton Keith??? Come on guys, if the was the riders feature back he would have been amazing. Im not taking anything away from Kenton Keith, hes a good player, but… Also, if Kenton KEith is better than why didnt Hamilton insist on taking him (instead of Corey)? SImple, because Corey Holmes is a better player, and a better person.

i agree :wink: and know what u are talkin about :cowboy: surprising some dont :lol:

Yeah Id take Corey Holmes over Keith any day of the week.

First off injuries are hard to debate but which one has missed games this year holmes or keith?

Holmes is are more complete football player but id bet any defensive player would rather face holmes one on one tham keith. Keith is harder to hit, faster and has the best cuts in the league.

Also, if Kenton Keith is better than why didnt Hamilton insist on taking him (instead of Corey)? Simple, because Corey Holmes is a better player, and a better person.
this one is simple because they werent looking for a feature back they have one Ranek. they were where looking for a special teams returner and an RB to spell Ranek and bring a better out of the back feild passing game. These are both areas the Riders arent worried about

I'd be worried about the running game right now if I were a Riders fan.

Well, comments like that make me glad your not a rider fan. Our running is just fine. We were up against a defence we have never had much success against, even holmes had little success against bc last year.

And I dont believe anyone has yet to mention we have the top running quarterback in the league who is ahead of numerous runningbacks in rushing yards right now.

But thank you for your concern

I'd take Holmes over Keith any day at RB. And in addition to this Holmes is fantastic on special teams. There's a reason he was runner up for MVP last year.

Thank you Esk123, thats gotta be the 1st i have ever agreed with an eskimos fan :lol: