We Rearranged the Deck Chairs on the Titanic

Despite all the player changes, a whole new coaching staff, and associated hype, I don't see much change from last year. case(s) in point:

1. Maas was completely ineffective as usual. He still hasn't shown me anything. How many chances can one player be given?

2. Offense was unimaginative. One deep pass in the first half!!!! How can we expect to challenge the defense when all we do is run the ball and throw short passes?

3. Defensive line was average at best. Very little pressure on the QB and no sacks (Only sack was by Armour on a blitz). I don't think the changes on the defensive line were effective.

4. Brock Ralph continues to be an enigma. Enough said.

5. No adjustments by the coaching staff at the half. Three points at the half, six points in the second. Big deal.

On the positive side, Setta was great and will improve our special teams immensely. Chang looked pretty good and Moreno looked good. Beyond that.......

I don't even know how to say it.... but I agree!!!! HOLY COW... We need to sign a petition that allows the pre-season to count in the standings =D.

Maas.... terrible, its hard to say but it's just bad and Chang impressed me. Maas = >200 yards.... Chang threw for 81 on his first drive. So what it ended in a int, but if Chang was playing all game and put us in the red every drive like that we may have capitalized.....

But as you said same old same old cats, Undesciplined, Unprepared, Easily Flustered

After some reflection, here’s a couple more disappointing similarities to last year’s team:

1. Too many penalties. Untimely and undisciplined penalties really didn’t help. Procedure call on 3rd and short, illegal block on a 50 yard return, pass interference to keep the opening drive alive.

2. Inability of our defense to get a stop on 2nd and long. They seemed to convert 2nd and 15 at will. WTF??!!!

3. Play calling that leaves you scratching your head. A lateral in the endzone on 2nd and long!!! Brilliant…

Exactly! why when you get down to the five yard line would you ignore the guy who got you most of the way there?...GIVE LUMSDEN THE BALL!..if he can't make five yards on three carries, then we had better find a new RB...also our left takle..Hage...send him to Spain..he looked like a matador all night as stamps poured past him to Maas....D line= BRUTAL..little pressure...no contain...what a pathetic effort by 91 on calgarys last touchdown....as for reffing..ya it wasn't favourable for us....but it rarely is when east teams go out west, it's just part of the game you know going in....charlie had better throw out the traditional thinking for the next game and start chang over maas because hamilton fans have had enough...we've seen this movie before, otherwise we'll be back to crowds of 12-15k for the rest of the year...as for hitch in the crowd last night, him and maccaroni couldn't be in that great demand...the silence of that phone must be deafening.....out

[quote="joepa"]Exactly! why when you get down to the five yard line would you ignore the guy who got you most of the way there?...GIVE LUMSDEN THE BALL!..if he can't make five yards on three carries, then we had better find a new RB..."

my thoughts exactly. This was at a crucial point in the game and we give to holems and then a pass to the peanut guy in the stands. Hand it off to Jeese until he gets in the endzone and if he doesn't then time to sit him and the line down. Absolutely brutal!!!!!

With all due respect, we were a Yellow Submarine last year that never stopped being submerged. Boreham's kicking style was a touch of Das Boot thrown in...at least we had Bob and not that "King of the World" freak. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oski Wee Wee,

bring back danny mac as oc....now .b4 it's too late!

It IS too late.

Danny Mac's TSN schedule can be found at http://tsn.ca/cfl/ .

Oski Wee Wee,

to continue....wayne shaw at safety...could this guy move any slower 24-9 and this guy gets scorched for a huge gain...are we scouting old age homes for personnel..what is this guy like forty?..he moves like it..come on marcel this couldn't possibly be the best available out there.

Our left tackle is Woodard. Hage is the centre.I thought the lines played okay. Loescher did not play and that hurts the D Line.The running game looked good but we still have a starting quarterback who can't throw.Short high passes or ignoring open receivers is the same theme as last year.Chang looks like he is a leader and should start against The Argos backup Michael Bishop.
Special teams are much improved with Walker as a genuine threat to go deep.Setta looks like he could be the next OZ. I wasn't discouraged by last night's loss because I think we have improved over last year.The Argo game should be a good test and perhaps Maas'last start of the year.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7 )

You're one of those people who actually believes that the world is going to end on July 5th aren't you?? :wink:

It's week one for the love of Pete. Yes there are problems, but there are also some improvements over last year.

that may be true,but the biggest problem last year is still the biggest problem this year. Until its fixed things dont look all that rosy

...as for hitch in the crowd last night, him and maccaroni couldn't be in that great demand...the silence of that phone must be deafening.....out

I really think you should get your facts straight. Both Mike and Rob are proud Hamiltonians who would rather finish their careers as Tiger Cats than play for any other team, and IMHO are a whole lot better than most of the starting line up from last night.

It's actually week 156. 3 years.

borehamgirl wrote: You're one of those people who actually believes that the world is going to end on July 5th aren't you?? Wink

It's week one for the love of Pete. Yes there are problems, but there are also some improvements over last year.

Quote:(figment)
that may be true,but the biggest problem last year is still the biggest problem this year. Until its fixed things dont look all that rosy

Borehamgirl: He's got you there!

As much as I wish I didn't have to say this again, but the TiCats are re-building.

Yes it has been several years of re-building.

We have a great owner. Now we have the right people in the critical positions of GM and coach. There is strong talent on the club, but they are young.

The bottom line is that we have to have patience and let the new coach implement his system while waiting for the young guys to develop.

Keep the faith.

Did anyone expect a big improvement over last year. We traded two of our best players in the off-season for someone who didn't even make the team. Another two of our best "retired". We picked up no established key players, so why would anyone expect us to finish anywhere but last again?

I said this last week and I'll say it again.....fire shaws ass out of here!

bring back john salavantis to straighten out that O line...missed assignments..bad snaps...lacklustre play...all signs that the players are..A..total crap...or B..have no confidence in the current coach and are looking for a change.

I think Marwan Hage is the weak link.