We really don't need To Find A great Runningback!

We have 2 already that are capable!

They were just great last year when Keith wasn't playing, so how come everyone keeps whining that we don't have a decent running back?

We've already got 2. Bracey and Dorsey.. like come on now, they're capable and they did show it last year when they got their chances to play.

Gotta give these 2 some support, afterall they aren't there just cause Barrett liked their color!

I agree Bracey and Dorsey seemed to have a good year last year when utilized as running backs on the offense. I also agree that the loss of Kenton Keith may not be as much of an impact to the offense as some people think it might be. I do think Dorsey could do a better job on kickoffs but it remains to be seen what will happen this year with the new rules regarding kickoffs.

I dont think that the running game is going to be a big part of the offense as it has been in the Past. Granted we did need some upgrades with the receivers but it seems like that is all the riders are focusing on this off season.

I used to like Dominiquw Dorsey, then he started fumbling everytime he touched the ball in any crucial moment of the game - without anyone touching him!

And if Kent Austin honestly thinks he can become a passing team in one season, hes on crack..

Check this out

[url=http://saskriders.ca/modules.php?name=News&file=news_dispatches&f_subcat=press_releases&archive=1&sid1=8351]http://saskriders.ca/modules.php?name=N ... &sid1=8351[/url]

Saskatchewan Roughrider General Manager/VP of Football Operations Eric Tillman announced today they have signed import running back Fred Russell to a one-year plus an option contract. Financial terms of the signing were not disclosed.

Russell (5’8 – 190 lbs.) was allocated to the NFL Europe’s Cologne Centurions last year after signing a free agent contract with the St. Louis Rams. He led the Centurions with 522 rushing yards and three touchdowns in ten games.

Prior to signing with the Rams, Russell spent time with the Chicago Bears, after originally signing with the Miami Dolphins as a free agent in 2004. He led the Dolphins with 23 carries for 107 yards in the 2004 pre-season. Russell spent time on all three NFL teams practice roster.

Russell had an outstanding college career while attending Iowa where he was a two-time all-Big 10 selection. In his senior season he rushed for 1,355 yards and seven touchdowns. He finished his college career with 2,760 rushing yards on 523 carries with 17 touchdowns, and 18 kickoff returns for a 21.8 yard average.

“After months of dialogue, we are delighted to reach an agreement with Fred,? stated Tillman. “His skill set is perfectly suited for the Canadian game and I think that was a big part of his decision to come up here. Fred has great quickness, he is strong for his size and he can stop and start in space and make people miss, which will create a lot of big plays on our larger field. In many respects, Fred reminds me of Charles Roberts, which is a heck of a compliment. Fred is also a quality kick returner and he can impact our game in that dimension, too.”

Looks like a keeper if he reminds Tillman of Charles Roberts!:stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully this guy can come in here and challenge for a spot on our roster. Even if he doesn’t turn out to be a star, it can’t hurt to have an experienced guy bring some competition to camp.

Thoughts?

My thought (although it selfish...)is that i hope KK returns...

My thoughts are I would love to see some game-film of this charles roberts ~esq~ rb.

if he resembles charlie, and produces it'd be great to sign him longer term... then dump dorsey... ( i have next to no confidence in him ) keep bracey as hes huge, and a great blocking back.

[quote="jman_135"And if Kent Austin honestly thinks he can become a passing team in one season, hes on crack..
[/quote]
In my opinion he is coaching a professional association and expects professional results and it is not too outrageous to turn a club into a passing team in one offseason. It is a long season; the offense will click.

[quote author="Thryllin"]

In my opinion he is coaching a professional association and expects professional results and it is not too outrageous to turn a club into a passing team in one offseason. It is a long season; the offense will click.

yea it is..

Nah, KK is done as a Rider. Im sure the local bouncers are happy to see him in Indy. KK is another Curtis Marsh, poor attitude and a huge ego.

But you can't deny that he was sure fun to watch.....

No doubt KK was fun to watch , as was Marsh, but do we really the me first attitudes? There is reason why Marsh's career was cut short here, and if the Riders were smart,they would carry on as if KK was not coming back, peroid.

I agree, sambo, and that is what they appear to be doing, in the signing of Russell.....

Yeah he has an attitude… but 50 - 75% of football players do… and really, Keith won’t make the NFL and the RIders would be stupid not to take him back. If Keith played a full season, he would be the number one back in the league. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t like Keith. You just can’t deny that he is a hell of a runningback.

The other thing, after his incident at SOHO’s, he definitely smartened up and was not a problem after that… so he showed progress

I wish you guys wouldn't worry so much....

I Hope KK dont come back.

Fun to watch? good player? Sure, but why wish for somebody to be weak enough to not make NFL just so he could come to SASK? I believe any player can succeed anywhere if the coaches use him properly, including KK in INDY.

I have faith that KK will stay in Indy. (although i have the same amount of faith that i may eat those words)

i also have faith that the Riders of this year will beat the Riders of last year in the first annual . . . "BATTLE OF THE CONSECUTIVE SEASON ROUGHRIDERS INSIDE MY HEAD BOWL" no wait maybe i should call it ". . . CUP" not ". . . BOWL"