'We needed this': Als bounce back to move into tie atop East Division

OTTAWA —  The Montreal Alouettes rebounded from last week’s crushing one-point loss to Edmonton by shutting down a late comeback attempt from Ottawa on Thursday night. The Alouettes finished the job this time around after it appeared they were going to be the victims of another stunning fourth-quarter comeback.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/22/we-needed-this-als-bounce-back-to-move-into-tie-atop-east-division/

Masterful demonstration by the people in black and white...

2 Likes

Trevor Harris is underrated. Hergy Mayala well groomed Under Calgary Stampeders for 2 years.

1 Like

I didn't think it was the RB's offence that lost them the game last night. That secondary needs work. The pass game for Montreal was way to uncontested....

Maybe Ottawa needs a defensive "consultant" I know one that would probably love to help out.....

1 Like

I agree on both points. Mayala is turning out to be a go-to guy.

Mayala had one good game after five games of being mostly invisible. And that one good game amounted to two catches: the big one that got the team into the red zone, and the actual TD catch. I wouldn't call him a keeper just yet. TBH I've liked what I've seen from Philpot better in the limited action he's been given.

They’ve got to start utilizing Weineki more. Up until this year he’s been a TD machine.

1 Like

By defensive "consultant" you mean this guy:

2 Likes