We Need Some Hammertown Player Pride!!!!

Come Labour Day against the Argo-Nots and for the balance of the 2009 season we need some Old Fashioned Player Pride for our Tiger-Cat players.

After watching the Winnipeg game in Hamilton and seeing many of the great Hamilton players from the past like Mosca, Henley and so on, reminded me of that true Hamilton Tiger-Cat Spirit of days past that No One, repeat No One, comes into our house at Ivor Wynne Stadium and beats our Hammer-Town Tiger-Cats!!

Present players like Nick Setta, would tell you of the Spirit of playing for Notre Dame, “The Fighting Irish” where they have the same saying, that No One, Comes into our house and beats the Fighting Irish.

I believe as a loyal fan of the Tiger-Cats that we have the best fans in the CFL and our fans have tons of Steel-town Pride for our Tiger-Cats. I can’t imagine any other team in the CFL that could hang on as long as the Tiger-Cats have with a losing record over a five year period, not even the Saskatchewan Rough Riders could have lasted the drought we had, the Argo ship would have sank long ago with our record, but we survived thanks to great ownership in Bob Young, Obie at the helm, our coaches and our great fans for supporting our team.

Now as a Fan, I would like to see our Tiger-Cat Team, the entire Team, fight for the Cats, our great fans and City, our first big victory of the second half of this season starts in Hamilton on Labour Day against the Argo-Nots, we have a 4-4 record, lets make it 12-4 and get in the playoffs.

PUMP UP THE VOLUME, GET THE ENGINE GOING AND MAKE LOTS OF NOISE, It’s TIME FOR TIGER-CAT PRIDE, NO ONE WINS IN OUR HOUSE, IT’S OUR HOUSE, IT’S OUR GAME TO WIN,
EAT EM RAW TIGER-CATS, and next week we will make the Rogers Centre our home as well!! Victory starts on Labour Day!!!

Go Cats Go, Eat The Argo-Nots Raw!!!

I agree with u 100% as i read your article I started to think back on Labourdays gone by How guys like Rob Hitchcock lived for labour day and the intensity a Joe Montford would bring or an Earl winfeild etc etc. And as a Hamilton boy born and bred I must say I love the Labourday classic to me its like a mini grey cup or playoff game either way u look at it its a MUST win game. We may not have much here in the hammer but we do have pride we work hard and this is a day we celebrate and what better way to celebrate then by cheering loud and proud. I'm sure the boys will be jacked and the old barn will be packed so lets raise a class and KICK SME ARGO ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!