We Need A Better Game From QB+Recievers

The ground game is solid and tops in the league, but teams will be expecting this every game, so we need to improve our QB passing Completion (let's be real, Bishop has a great arm and can run, but his completion % is under 50%) not any better than Lefors BUT does bring a different look with his arm and mobility, now it's not all Bishops fault, if we had last years reciever's and if they played like they did in 2008, ishop would be alot better.

Let's be honest, Edwards is the go to guy and all teams know this, not to mention he is often injured, Bowman shows signs but is not a top 3 reciever and he has alot of drops, same goes for Ralph (who should be replaced a.s.a.p), Bryant is not playing to his 2008 level (fluke in 2008 or horrible year in 2009), either way we need to find another threat on the reciever's as we do not have the talent to accompony Edwards, and if Edwards goes down, who steps up? you think Bryant, but is he the same Romby as 2008?

We need to use Reid and Bernard more in the passing game, short screen passes or medium to long outs, they would add more threat. We need Franklin back as i strongly believe he can be a number 2 or 3 reciever. Give Hargreaves time and he would compliment the reciever's with his size. We obviously miss MILT and honestly we are missing Armstrong's recieving ability, too bad he turned out to be a whiner, but so did Bruce and he is having a great year in Hamilton, why didn't we pick Bruce back up? it would have cost next to nothing.

Our reciever's need to improve, bottom line!! if they don't, expect more losses than wins (it hurts to say, but it's a fact)

That's a pretty fair analysis there, blue&gold4ever, can't really find anything in there that I'd quibble about. . . sure am puzzled at Bryant though, doesn't look at all like the guy we saw last season. . .

But for your own sake be careful. . . you mentioned that Bishop's completion percentage is under 50%, and you know there are some posters here who will immediately call you a Bishop-hater when you say something that is not fawningly flattering of him (regardless of the fact that it is accurate).

I could care less what Bishops completion % is, just keep putting up the points and winning anyway you can. Bishop is a home run hitter, so don't try to make him something he is not.

Its very clear that MadJack is a big believer in Bishops ability :rockin: Also funny that you seem to have Bishop on the brain so much, do not think you have ever posted without talking about Bishop :wink:

The thread that I posted about passing more? I basically said the same thing that the RB`s should get involved in the passing game, but all anybody said on that thread was how bad Bishop was. I never really said much about Bishop at all on that thread.
So I see some paranoia in MadJacks post!!! There seems to be a half dozen guys here that have "Bishop on the brain syndrome"

Kinda reminds me a bit of the guy in the bar that notices a guy on the other side of the bar......He says to his friends, that guy over there must be a drunk because I swear he is here every day .

You said we should pass more, not that our quarterbacks and receivers need to be better.

Maybe if the QBs and receivers play better, we can afford to pass more. As it is, more passing is just going to lose games.

If that were fainly coherent I might have been tempted to respond. . . But let me leave it at this; for such a newbie (only joined a few days ago) to opine that I always talk about Bishop in over 4,000 posts I have made since 2005 is rather laughable.

....DEFINITELY NEED....the receivers to step-up.....as for the qb. ... Bishop is fine if he starts to roll out and run...We need him to loosen the opposition d up-front...Once they have to respect our backs and also the fact Bishop can take off himself...he should find the receiving game...Sure glad we have him back there instead of 'throw the game away' Glenn....Seems like Kevin is doing the same ol thing he did here. In the edm. game he looked good for awhile then folded...He can't run and eventually he throws the game away...lol good luck cats.....I think Bishop will be fine...and he actually has two good legs... :wink:

Bishop throws twice as many incompletions as Glenn, and he's worse for turnovers. Glenn's interception percentage this year is 3.8 and it's 3.5 for his career; Bishop is 3.5 this year and 5.0 for his career. Bishop's thrown his fair share of games away too. Maybe not at the end because he doesn't hold his team in it as long.

And Hamilton's receivers were more responsible for the loss than Glenn was. As much as that last throw was awful, they probably don't need Glenn to throw that last ball if their receivers don't drop big passes throughout the game.

It's nice that Bishop isn't afraid to run, though. At least he doesn't look terrifed back there like Glenn did most of last year.

...AHEM.....i think you better check the interception record of Glenns from last year.....horrid...plus the fact he can't see over the opposition d......Glenn always takes you to the altar.....then somehow he just leaves you standing there..... :lol: :lol: I'll stick with Bishop thanx...

I know what you're saying.. but I'm aware of Glenn's interceptions last year.. maybe you should check Bishop's. 13 picks on 274 attempts (4.7%). Glenn had 20 picks on 454 attempts (4.4%).

Not to mention, Glenn at least managed a 1-1 TD to INT ratio; Bishop was a bit worse. And Glenn completed 64.5% of his passes, Bishop 58.4%.

If this is taking you to the altar and leaving you standing there.. this isn't even getting you there.

Hey, Glenn had to go, but I just don't think Bishop is going to be any different.

As I was saying, Bowlerdude,MadJack,Towlie and a few others complain constantly about posters that are the least bit high Bishop. They complain about any kind remark made about Bishop "Bishop on the brain syndrome" I call it .

My question to you all? What on earth are you going to do when the offense all comes together under Bishop`s leadership?

Bishop has had guys dropping his balls. And as far as Glenn goes, anybody that was honestly watching last nights game....Glenn had a fabulous night! Number 11 on Hamilton had a sure TD thrown to him by Glenn, right on the numbers! Just as Bishop had 2 sure tds dropped in the last game, and more in the previous weeks, so lets try to keep it real.

btw MJ....You are even wrong on your politics for goodness sake :stuck_out_tongue: Yes I looked at your previous posts, you are even on the wrong side politically. PM Harper rocks man!!!!

Kelly give it up man, these guys just do not like Bishop, you are not about to talk them in to it. I gave up posting here after they basically asked me to get the hell out. I posted that I was a huge Bishop fan and was only met with hostility, it`s not worth the stress. A word of advice Kelly, politics in sport will not help you any here either. There is another Bomber forum where they are not quite so rude and hostile.

....When Glenn get the 'real' pressure toward the end of the year.....look-out....he'll either 'turtle'...throw a pick...or get frustrated and sulk off to the sidelines....At least i know Bishop can bail-out if he has to.... and has a way better attitude..Glenns knees are in bad shape...braces on both legs....I'll take Bishops running game thanks...How anyone figures Glenns' game is better is really reaching...... :lol: :lol: the cats will be looking for Porter before too long...so he better get healthy quick :wink:

I never stated that i am a Bishop Hater (just stated the Facts that his completion % is way too low), but if everyone read closely i stated that the RECIEVERS and QB'S NEED TO STEP IT UP. Bishop would have an awesome year if our reciever's played to there potential as i stated. RALPH SHOULD BE GONE IF HE DOESN'T STEP IT UP AND STOP DROPPING THE EASY PASSES (ONE REASON COMPLETION % IS LOW), EDWARDS IS THE ONLY RECIEVER PLAYING HIS HEART OUT CONSIDERING HE IS HURT 4 TD'S SO FAR IS PRETTY GOOD, WE NEED FRANKLIN AS MENTIONED AS HE IS AT LEAST 3RD ON OUR RECIEVER DEPTH CHART (#2 IN MY BOOKS), BOWMAN SHOWS SIGNS, BUT NEEDS TO HANG ONTO THE BALL, JUST AS MANY DROPS AS CATCHES.

HONESTLY I LIKE HARGREAVES AND HE SHOULD PLAY MORE, HE HAS THE SIZE THAT WE ARE MISSING IN ARMSTRONG AND HE IS A NI. BRYANT IS A DISSAPOINTMENT THIS YEAR, BUT I STILL THINK HE CAN STEP UP AND PLAY AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN 2008.

RUMOUR IS WE ARE BRINGING IN RECIEVING HELP THIS WEEK AND A FAMILIER FACE AS WELL, WHO THAT CAN E I HAVE NO CLUE? BUT KELLY KINDA HINTED THAT THE ESKIES AND BB'S KINDA TALKED TRADE AS BOTH NEED SOMETHING THE OTHER HAS ... HMMM. ALSO RUMOUR IS A NEW QB COACH IS ON HIS WAY, ANOTHER FAMILIER FACE, WHO CAN THAT BE? I HAVE A FEW IDEA'S, BUT WILL NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS (CRANDALL? MAYBE A BETTER TEACHER THAN QB?) WHO KNOWS!!

WE TRULY MISS MILT, BUT LIFE GOES ON AND I DON'T THINK OUR RECIEVER'S REALIZE THAT YET!! JUST WAITING FOR MILT TO BECOME OUR RECIEVER'S COACH IN A YEAR OR TWO AND IT WILL HAPPEN.

hey.. I haven't seen an offense consistently do well under Bishop's leadership, ever. I hope it happens, and if it does, good.. but come on.. look at his career numbers.. there is no real reason to believe his throw accuracy is ever going to be at a decent level.

papa.. I definitely agree with you on Bishop's attitude, and his running game.. but as a passer, Glenn is better.. you can look at the numbers, you can look at game results all day long, and you won't find a way to prove that Bishop is a better passer than Glenn. which is kind of important to be a quarterback. Like I said, Glenn had to go.. I don't want Glenn back.. I just don't see Bishop ending up any different in the end.. I hope I'm wrong

I hear ya, where is the other Bomber forum?