We got it Rod!

The only thing worse is when the Alouettes are playing and he gushes on and on and on about the connection between Calvillo & Cahoon.

ACBC wow! Ben Cahoon! What a catch! What a throw! Calvillo & Cahoon are a great combination blah, blah, blah, blah.

He makes it sound like they are his idols and he wants to be the middle car in the Calvillo Cahoon train!

We get it Rod. you love them

I wish Duane Ford would tell him to quit talking about them or lay yhe smack down in the broadcast booth.

Man Alive! You think I’m exaggerating? Watch the game against Edmonton today.

When the Edmonton offence is on the field, we’ll hear about Whitlock’s rough start.

When Montreal’s offence is on, we’ll hear about how Calvillo & Cahoon are the greatest people on earth. Period.

I’m embarrassed for Rod Black because he sounds like a teenage talking about Elvis in the 50’s.

Seems to me Rod busted out the classic "See ya, woulnt wanna be ya" on a long TD a couple of years ago....

I cant beleive he wasnt collecting severence cheques after that!

all I can say FEFMAN all be giggling about your post all night when I first read I had tears coming outa my eyes from laughing

I think the "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya" has been used by the other icon Glen Suitor already twice this year. Once on the Montreal return on the missed Congi field goal, for sure.

learn a little something about the guy you guys love to trash.

there are things many times more important than football, and football announcing.

Try doing the job yourselves sometime.

http://www.canadianachievers.com/columns/Rod-Black.php [url=http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/June2010/25/c8225.html]http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c8225.html[/url]

I give to charity all the time, and it's cool that he does too. I don't think anyone ever said he was a bad person, just a bad play-by-play guy.

its often said “what I do is who I am”. Its what he does, its what he is. Criticize one, you criticize the other.

and he does a lot more than just give a few bucks to charity.

I disagree - my career isn't the only dimension to me. If you trash my career, you're not trashing who I am. You're only trashing how I perform in one aspect of my life.

Black may be a great human being, but he's a crappy football play-by-play guy.

is a good guy. I don't think anyone said he's not.

Sometimes, he keeps saying stuff that gets old.

Like AC-BC!

C'mon. Really? Then we get the same old storey about how they have this wonderful connection blah blah. ENOUGH!

Plus he sometimes blows what is and isn't a first down. I wish him well, I just wish he would quit making homoerotic-like comments about Calvillo & Cahoon.

I'm surprised if this is contrary to what anyone thinks who has been watching CFL for a while.

with an 8 team league, there is not a lot of new material when you doing the same few teams every week.

I challenge anyone here to do better.

Who here is the very best at their job

Who here could not be criticized just as much if you were doing your job under the same microscope

My mother is 76 years old, and is the sweetest person I know. She would do anything for anyone. Everyone who knows her adores her, and no one has anything negative to say about her. But if I need surgery, she’s the last person I’d hand the scalpel to.

Similarly, just because Rod Black is a great guy doesn’t mean he’s a great announcer. One thing has nothing to do with the other, and the inability to separate the two is a handicap that should be pitied.

Well, I know I’m perfect. My mom told me so. :smiley:

Cuthbert & Suitor do better.

Just saying. And they sound less starry eyed when they talk about great plays.

That's all.

Rod Black used to do all the figure skating events as well, he was just as bad there. I've had the opportunity of being around him while photographing events and he can't walk by a mirror without looking at himself, put off getting a picture done because his eyes were "moist"

He once said after a skater fell..........."it's slippery out there"