We are not acting like a team that finally has a home Grey Cup after 25 years

We need to right the ship ASAP ...spend some money on the oline and offense ASAP before it is too late and the beloved Argos win the East.

Other teams like Sask and the Argos have went over the cap to increase their chances of winning the cup at home.

We need to bring in some big Proven offensive linemen and a good import running back or 2 ....maybe a new oline coach and maybe a new offensive co-ordinator.

Van zeyl got killed in the 2019 Grey cup and is not our saviour

Derek Dennis where are you?
Bring in june Jones to help fix this mess
Stop starting STE

1 Like

What's the point of bringing in a Running Back? So he can sit on the bench and watch Banks do 3 yard Fly Sweeps?

1 Like

Exactly. Look at Don Jackson.

1 Like

I'm beginning to wonder why they even bothered to sign and bring in Jackson and also Posey for that matter in the first place .

1 Like

Like signing a washed up Geroy Simon the Riders in 2013 blowing the cap trying to deliver a cup at home was an extreme case but isn't there a middle ground ? HTC braintrust can't even summon the energy to address O line.

2 Likes

I hope Masoli is back to close to 100%.
One of the best plays he ran in past years is the read handoff were once or twice a game he kept the ball and ran around the end for big chunks of yardage.

Without a current threat of anything the D has it way too easy defending.

He's not interested in running. He had a play last week where he could have run to stelco and just stood there. Ended up throwing an incompletion and was bailed out by a defensive holding call.

4 Likes

I don’t believe that with Evans out they want to rely on Watford (at least for now) and are giving Masoli another shot to right himself. If he runs out of panic or a called play and he gets hurt, we could be in deep poop. But having said that, I’d rather he do anything to win regardless of his own personal safety. If this upcoming game ends in a loss that is caused by his lack of play, he’s going to be replaced with Watford anyway. He needs to play like his career depends on it.
I’ve spent $1700 on Grey Cup tickets! I want us to get there any way possible!

Now there is a true Tiger-Cat fan . :+1: :+1: :+1:

Pat Lynch (the aged one)

[quote="gerbear9, post:1, topic:73718"]
We need to bring in some big Proven offensive linemen and a good import running back or 2 ....maybe a new oline coach and maybe a new offensive co-ordinator.

Oh yeah , let's tear it up and begin all over with 6 games to go in the regular season :roll_eyes: The players and coaches from the 16 - 4 team are pretty much here . You "gotta dance with who brung ya" .

Pat Lynch

1 Like

A QB who has earned his reputation off of running a read option, and running where possible has to learn to protect his body from hits. If he is gunshy to run its not good for anybody.

1 Like

Grey Cup dream is in the hands of a mediocre QB who lacks confidence in his most valuable asset and now has to rely on his most dubious ones all behind an Oline the organization, for reasons known only to them, has all but officially declared a make-do project.
GC parties are going to be legend.

1 Like

If the Tiger Cats only win home games for the rest of the year, they will probably be Grey Cup champions.

3 Likes

He had almost 500 yards rushing in each of 2017 and 2018.
Then in 2019 he only had 79 yards across 6 games.
Something changed when the new regime came in in 2019.

Not a “run & shoot” offence with Condell. Might be the difference.

2 Likes

[quote="Krisiun, post:14, topic:73718"]

He had almost 500 yards rushing in each of 2017 and 2018.
Then in 2019 he only had 79 yards across 6 games.
Something changed when the new regime came in in

Imagine wondering what changed from 2019 and not mention a blown ACL. Talk about commitment to an agenda.

Duh! I stated his running was already in decline in the 6 games BEFORE his ACL tear.

Reload and try again.

So why blame Condell for not utilizing part of his game that's essentially extinct. Again, if Anti-Condell is the game the rules have to make sense to get people to play.

Regarding the first of your two statements, I'm quoting, Lenny, I'd say he always has. However, these days, considering his injury situation, I expecf he may be under direction to pay some attention, to his personal safety.
As for the second quote, I just completely disagree.

1 Like

If this is the case, the Tiger Cats are doomed to fail.