WDF - Lions / Riders - Round 3

Well Lions and Riders fans, it’s round 3 of the WDF since 2004 with first 2 going to the Lions.

One week away so let the trash talking begin. Let’s try to keep it a little more civil for this post. Let’s have fun with it.

Your about 6 hours late LB.

Well round 1, even though the Riders lost, was one heck of a playoff game. Last years game was over before the anthems were sung as Danny clearly did not prepare the team to play.

I hope this years game is as enjoyable as the 1st tilt, but with a different outcome!

The only way the outcome is different is if the Lions don't show up.

There you go LB your in the spirit now.

Kel

Im hoping 3rd time is a charm applies to this game lol

Hehe, I got a feeling Jiminez won't be showing up :wink:

Were you at the game today Jman.

Yessir. Season tix man, had to go to the Playoff game as well! My grandpa, my best friend, and I went. Pretty fun.

Okay, I'm game. Here's a little jingle I wrote, to be played immediately after the West Final, to the tune of Wimboweh ... practice up 'cause you're going to need it:

In the jungle, the football jungle, the Lions lose tonight
In the jungle, the football jungle, the Lions lose tonight

WAH, wah, wah wah, oh, we were just a win away
WAH, wah, wah, wah, oh, we were just a win away

In the city, the west-coast city, the Lions lose tonight
In the city, the west-coast city, the Lions lose tonight

Hush my darling, can you hear the bawling
On the west coast all the night?

Hush my darling, can you hear the bawling
On the west coast all the night?

(Background vocals singing “A win away, a win away, a win away, a win away, we were just as win away …)

8) :lol: 8)

I think the luck of the Lions ends next weekend.

That was lame Im disapointed I thought you would do better.

I think it should have been snoozed instead of lose

I am sooo pumped for this game. If I wasn't broke I would be flying out for this game.
Already got my Grey Cup tickets, I want to be able to cheer for my team there this year.

I read todays report how some 45,000 tickets are sold, 8000 ahead of the same time last year.

Get GO BC Lions ..

Stop Flick from Getting to the grey Cup.

What luck? Lions proved they have the most depth in the entire league this year. We didn't even have our starting quarterback almost all season and we got 14 wins. We had our 3rd string do it, and trust me if Buck Pierce didn't go down he would've been playing instead of Jarious. But Jarious has always been known as the strongest arm on the team when he joined.

And then our defense, Cameron Wake, just to name one. The whole defense has been probably the best i've ever seen in football.

Then there's our receiving core, Jason Clermont, Geroy Simon, Paris Jackson. Probably the best receiving core in the league as it has been for what the last 6 years pretty much.

Oh yea and our QB Dave Dikenson, if he played all year i almost think we would've been 16-1-1 because he's the most efficient QB for sure on our team, and he's our Grey Cup QB and he barely played this year.

Oh don't forget our league leading running game, Joe Smith, who was very close to breaking our CFL record had he even played the last half against Calgary, he would've had the 2 TD's necessary to do so. And Ian Smart on kick return/special teams.

Yea some luck, maybe try talent and skill and working hard each game in and out by the Lions, that even when they did make a big mistake they'd come right back the next play and make you forget about it.

And personally i've been most impressed with our Defense more than anything this year, they've been unbelievable.

To the Riders fans tho, seriously this is gonna be better than the Grey Cup i think, these are definitely the two best teams in the CFL this year and its gonna be one of the best games i've seen in years i hope.

I'm getting tix as soon as i can figure out whose coming with me, we went to the last regular season game, and i managed to catch Hamilton earlier in the year, and Saskatchewan. Last year i saw 3 reg season games, and the West Final.

Lions gotta play their heart out tho, if they underestimate the Riders we'll lose, they only finished 1 win back of us, and in the same division on top of it. Pretty good, too bad they have to play us to get to the Grey Cup everytime.

Yah! What he said! and you can kiss the Lions hairy lips too!

He is right, the Leos cannot take the Riders lightly, the Riders have proved themselves this year.

The Leos secondary must play better than they have the last 3 games, there were too many missed picks, blown coverage, et al in the Lions secondary.

Good assesment vanhalen....I think there are some who would argue about your defense being the best in the league or that you have the best core of recievers right now.

But overall, I think you identified the key strengths of your team. And the fact, that both BC and Sask will need to play the game to the best of their abilities to win.

I don't think either team will be taking this game lightly.