Ways to Honour Braley

I thought I'd start a thread on ideas the league could implement to honour David Braley and his contributions.

Here are a few:

Award a Braley Trophy/Cup to the team with the best regular season record.

An annual Braley Bowl between the Lions and Ticats? (or add in the Argos?) Or make it a Braley Derby of sorts and award the team with the best head-to-head record a trophy/bowl each year?

Rename the Commissioner's Award to the David Braley Memorial Award?
(The Commissioner’s Award is presented annually by the Commissioner of the Canadian Football League to an individual who has demonstrated dedication and made a significant contribution to Canadian Football.)

2 Likes

Or an award for the CFL club that spends the least on Marketing (I kid, I kid). :wink:

I like your last idea the best.

1 Like

All good ideas, Dave but the same as rymeswith-orange, I think you last idea is spot on.

...yep, last idea

I concur with the last idea. :+1:

I like the last idea too.

I really like the first idea: The David Braley Trophy to the team with the best record in the regular season.

Commissioner's Award no because Mr. Braley was only Commish one season.

The Commissioner's Award would no longer be the commissioner's award though.

And many think Braley was the real commish behind the scenes for many seasons. :wink:

But I also like suggestion 1.

LoL. :laughing:

The award would never be advertised with only the winner knowing

2 Likes

Positively. Frequently there is Western dominance overall but the top Eastern team might compete for the Braley Trophy. Sort of a season-long Grey Cup game only one that includes every team.

I think you're on to something there.

Regarding your Braley as Commish behind the scenes.......someone ought to get a quote from Tom Wright.

Or Mike Lysko.

Where's Marty York when he's needed?

I like #3 also Dave. Good Idea, well worth it.