Wayne Shaw

Looks like the argos are going to add him to their practice roster.

where did u hear this?

here's one source

[url=http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070716.wsptargo16/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home]http://www.globesports.com/servlet/stor ... tball/home[/url]

suckers!

Heard it on 900CHML at 6.00 p.m.

the shaw pickup should not surprise anyone as he was kavis' boy in steeltown-here's how it went down-shaw gets cut, he immediately calls kavis to get him to talk to stubler, they take a day to decide and before you know it,shaw's wearing double blue. not only is kavis the reason he called the argos first but he lives in mississauga, good for him to have the opportunity to stay at home so he can still tuck his kids into bed at night.however, i have no idea where he fits in over there other than the fact he's cdn.
good for you wayne, good luck.

CITY LEGEND

Ok, so here's what I don't get.

As per the Globe today the following is stated:
"The Argos signed quarterback Rocky Butler and veteran safety Wayne Shaw to the practice roster.

The Argos were in the market for a quarterback after starter Michael Bishop suffered a broken wrist in the club's 48-15 win Thursday night over the Calgary Stampeders. With the injury, former NFLer Mike McMahon is expected to get the start Saturday when Toronto returns to Alberta to face the Stamps.

Veteran Damon Allen would become the backup."

......so as I now understand this new Rocky Butler equation....he had an issue being #3 in Hamilton but is now a willing #3 in Argoland?????
I completely realize that he has to make a buck but at the end of the day.....WHAT WAS HE THINKING? Lokks to be Short term if you ask me.

:cowboy:

no he was gunna be #4 in hamilton

and the argos needed a third QB because erin crouch is injured

so it was just for insurance

I think Butler was surprised at how little interest there was in his services. He's probably quite happy to be #3 on a depth chart now.

Shaw's signing is a bit of a puzzle but I guess Canadian players can usually find spots somewhere.

An Argo-Cat fan

Argos are just adding depth with Shaw. If Leron Mitchell happens to get injured they have an experienced back up available. Shaw can play the corner or safety if needed. He's not exactly a stiff, a good physical if not spectacular, DB.

Hey Double B,

What the heck are you smoking?
Wayne Shaw.....somewhat physical. :lol:

watch game two film…shaw is definitely a stiff

Shaw using #29 with the boatmen

i still think that was a bad decision by Hamilton to let him go. Blowing plays is not a very common thing for Wayne … He’s got good experience and an all-canadian allstar - I can attest, he’s quiet and maybe not a vocal leader - not everyone is… I understand that when you aren’t winning you have to shift things up … and I think Shawby is simple a victim of that. I knew someone would pick him up - for depth at minimum.

good luck to Wayne.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!