Way to go Henry

I have a feeling the roughrider fans will be gloating a bit after that performance.

What performance? its his first game in a different offence, against the grey cup champs! nothing wrong with some rust, the stamps D was solid and Reynalds played very well and will only get better. nothing to worry about in cow town they will come back strong against the lonely bombers.

I hate to say this (sort of), but do you know how many times Rider fans said, “nothing wrong with some rust”? I don’t have anything against Burris personally - he got us close last year - but I’ll need to consistently see him kill the turnovers before I’ll give him credit. On the other hand, the game was close and you were playing against a good D. We’ll see what happens…
I do think you’ll beat Winnipeg, though. Good luck. This is one game where I can wholeheartedly cheer for the red and white!

Burris looked exactly like I remembered him.

He should be a backup somewhere, not constantly compared to Dickensen, Calvillo, et. al.

I’m sorry but that’s a feeble excuse. The Stamps had an extra week of practice to get their offensive timing down to a “t” and they still couldn’t beat the Argos tonight. “Nothing wrong with some rust” is what we (Rider fans) said about Hank when he returned from the NFL and produced turnovers. Well, Hank returned from the NFL about 3 years ago now and guess what, he’s still as “rusty” now as the day he came back. The fact is he has short spurts of brilliance but then falls apart and tries to force passes into double coverage or he’ll try to make something out of nothing by running and he’ll fumble it. Trust me when I say this Calgary fans, this is just the beginning.

Oh one more thing…

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

…wrong Jer, the reference about rust was about Nealon…anyway, Burris did cause four turnovers singelhandedly, well three, I’m pretty sure the second IT was a blown route by the receiver, but he does need to fine tune that aspect…Hank, if you’re going to take off, please please protect the ball…

…in the fourth we almost made it, against the GC champs no less, so while it’s not the W we all wanted here it wasn’t a bad effort on the O…and aside from a few blown DB coverages the D was on it’s game…

Uh, take a look at Stampederville post and I think you will find that the reference was about Burris. As for asking Burris to protect the ball, ha ha! Does a leopard change its spots?

All you Stamp fans need to realize that what you saw last night was a typical Burris game. I love his ability to run up to the line of scrimmage and the defender never knowing if he is going to keep running or throw. But he has always had problem protecting the ball!

Do not delude yourself, he will have flashes of brilliance and then break your heart. Remember he has never had a winning season in the pros…

Calgary had a late start to the season, meanwhile Toronto was playing their second. Yes Calgary was rusty, yes Henry Burris stunk it up in the first half, but I must say, the Stamps were rolling i the second half.

P.S Was Jeremain Copeland really that much of an ass in Montreal? I guessed after cheering for him, I really haven’t noticed.

But I think Calgary will do just fine against Winnepeg Thursday night.

Stamps defence did play well, but the Argo’s don’t exactly have a very good offence, they played well and i think it will be easier to judge them after the next game, good luck stamps! c’ya labour day!

Calgary is going to eat up Tee Martin, that D line is going to crush the bombers and the offence (free of all the rust) will play for 60 mins this time instead of 30. I CANT WAIT!

–Cmon now Stampederville. Rust, and learning a new system out there, not to mention playing the Grey Cup champs, AND having it be our first game, when it’s their second, had alot to do with what we saw. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that Burris had a poor game. Just dropping the ball when you’re running has nothing to do with learning a new system.

Not that I’m not confident he’ll get better. Through his mistake-prone night, there were lots of bright spots. He can scramble out of pressure, and has a bullet arm(that rainbow to Rambo was awesome). Now that the Stamps are on the road, and dont have to worry about playing up to a very expectent and restless hometown crowd, I’m sure he’ll do nothing but improve.

Let the Rider fans get their shots in(though I dont understand why they are still SO involved with the Burris thing. They sound like a bitter, obsessed ex). I’m sure the tables will turn soon enough(wasn’t Nealon 13/28 against HAMILTON yesterday? Can’t wait to see em take on the Argos next week. They better hand off to Holmes on every play)

I have to agree if you take away the first half of football the stamps did very good against the Argos. These are the bumps in the road that we will have to take. It is amazing though that Rider fans keep mentioning about our oline ( 1 sack only) where as they oline allowed how many sacks right!. So if you look at the good things the Stamps did I am pleased and we will see them get better each outing.

Sorry you can’t take away the first half. 1 td and 5 turnovers is doing “very good” now I guess. It was what it was you can’t sugarcoat it. Stamps will lose more then they win this year but will enterain and challenge in probably every contest.

I like Burris, he is an exciting player with a great arm and can change the tempo of the game with his running ability. But at the same time, you never know which Henry is going to show up. Will it be 2 or 3 INT’s with a couple fumbles or will it be 3 touchdown passes?

The thing I can’t figure out is why his coaches haven’t taught him how to run with the football over the past couple years. He carries the football like it has crabs.

I like Burris, he is an exciting player with a great arm and can change the tempo of the game with his running ability. But at the same time, you never know which Henry is going to show up. Will it be 2 or 3 INT’s with a couple fumbles or will it be 3 touchdown passes?

The thing I can’t figure out is why his coaches haven’t taught him how to run with the football over the past couple years. He carries the football like it has crabs.

wasn't Nealon 13/28 against HAMILTON yesterday? Can't wait to see em take on the Argos next week. They better hand off to Holmes on every play)
Nealon played a good game against Hamilton, the numbers he posted were very deceiving about the game he played. Our receivers were dropping balls everywhere, most of the passes were right on the numbers and our receivers just couldn't hang on to the ball. I expected our receivers to be doing that last week in the wet conditions against Winnipeg although our receivers really showed up to play in that game and held on to almost everything. This week, however, they were in dry conditions but they somehow managed to let many balls slip through their hands. Nealon threw 1 intereception as well BUT I will say that the pass was tipped up by the receiver and the Hamilton DB got underneath it and got an easy pick which I believe shouldn't be recorded as a pick. Nealon did his job getting the ball to the receiver in a catchable vicinity but the receiver popped it up making an easy INT. I don't believe that this should go against the QB's stats, he has no control over what the receiver does, he did his job yet he still gets a demoralizing INT. Overall Nealon played very well showing great patience taking off on the run only when there was nothing downfield. He didn't force anything and he wasn't scared to throw the ball away (something Hank never did, he tried to force it into the hands of a receiver but usually it ended up in the wrong teams hands). Overall I think Nealon played a great game and if you watched it I'm sure that you will agree the stats don't really speak for the way he played.

…but stats are on paper recorded for all time and the game is but a memory now so deal with it…thats like saying ‘oh, Miles was OB so calgary really didn’t lose by 6, in fact we won by one point and those darn guys at the CFL league office won’t give us the W and Toronto the L’…13/28 sucks in real life and on paper…

So then I guess that 2nd Burris int is his fault, so what if the reciever broke his route. The fact is he threw 2 picks…already. And fumbled a couple of times. 5 turnovers is pretty freakin shitty, no matter what your excuses are. Oh Henry needs time, every year Henry needs time. Nobody was giving that excuse for Greene and he didn’t play last year. I swear to god even a fuccken hamster learns after it does something stupid. Burris on the other hand doesn’t, so don’t give your stupid excuses Stampeder fans. Just shut up and get used to it.
And, RedandWhite I know I’m ripping into Henry again, tough shit deal with it.

Tough guy ChrisW and his twit brohter Jeremy is back over here trolling again. Ya brag boys but soon you will need those crying towels I sent you with your new bath toys a radio and new hairdryer enjoy.

The fact that he had turn overs means nothing to us Stamp fans but for you Riderr fans that still love Burris it must be a heart break for you. We will see how your Riders do against the Argo’s and I can tell you those boys are for real. I believe Nealon will be begging Danny not to let him out there to play. Oh ya Nate still plays like Barbie!

Hold on there rw2005, “Nate plays like Barbie”! It’s ok if you’re talkin’ about Malibu Barbie, 'cus she onr tough bitch!