Watkins on 9-game IR

Thanks for the run down. Not sure about all the numbers but it paints a good picture.

I understand all of that, I don’t lack power of deduction I choose to lack assumption. How is Watkins getting skrewed ? Yes he may be traded that is a fact of life in pro sports but again how is he getting skrewed ? Getting skrewed is what Tillman did to Lenny Walls and Ricky Ray or Obilovich did to Sandro. Watkins did not take part in training camp, this allows him to get back on the horse and allows the team to stretch its evaluation into the first month of the season.

As far as Fudging look around the league, every team is managing rosters the same way.

Do you lack assumption (whatever that means) when you conclude that:
*Watkins’ adenoid recovery time is 240 times the norm?
*Watkins needs time to get into shape…
*CFL players in general…and Kerry Watkins in particular don’t mind sitting out as long as they’re paid

Watkins wants to play football…with his peeps
Being sidelined because of “injury” so the team can try a cheaper option…hoping replacements can equal a 5 (almost 6 but for injury) time 1000 yard receiver…is humiliating for him…and perilous for the team

Show me one other CFL team that has dumped it’s leading rusher and “mysteriously sidelined” it’s leading receiver…and you get a prize.

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

One last comment regarding Watkins.

If Green or Richardson was hurt on game 1 or 2 and had to be transferred to 9 game injury list,because a serious injury, you can be sure that all of a sudden Watkins would be in good shape and transferred to active roster.

If,during the off-season, Watkins was such in bad shape why was surgery not performed then? Why wait till beginning of training camp? After surgery,apparently all had gone well and he was to practice in a few days; after the performances of London and Bowling,in first pre-season game, there was less and less mention about Watkins.

Enough said and back to other topic.

Richard

Kerry missed four weeks of camp…

Kerry was operated…

Kerry has never been affraid to speak his mind has not complained or said one word about the situation…

Kerry Watkins has no relation to Avon taking off in free agency…

So untill Kerry Watkins himself says he is being screwed with. I am not going to start blaming Jim Popp and the Als.

If the als wanted to move Watkins the last thing you do is feed stories about his health ? No ? It is possible the Als are considering trading him or that even he asked to be moved, the team has needs at the safety, returner and DT positions.
But for now he is on the injured list and being paid in full is all I am saying.

Amazing, isn't it, that some folks still prefer to think that we dumped Cobourne, or released him?

And they still choose to drink that koolaid, no matter the fact that he was offered a contract and guaranteed the starter's spot in Montreal.

Wow
So we made Cobourne an offer he couldn’t accept
How is that different from dumping him?

FYI
“drinking the cool-aid” refers to someone who is fed a line…often by people in authority
and accepts it without subjecting it to rational analysis
There seems plenty of cool-aid to go around here
But as usual…I’ll abstain

was it:

Or was it an offer he and his agent chose not to accept because they liked the Hamilton offer better?

No

Anything to base that on or is that a guess on your part ?

According to Gazette, Watkins was at practice today and Trestman says he is day to day.

So can we stop with the far-fetched conspiracy theories. He had surgery (probably should have advised the team of his problems so it could have been done earlier), and is recovering slower than anticipated. He will be back, and no one will be happier than Trestman.

The Boston Bruin fans in our midst will have to find other outlets for their fragile Alouette loyalties.

Sheldon (who is enjoying his Kool-Aid which tastes much better than Fair Weather Fan Cola).

So Senior what do you say to that ? Wrong again :cowboy:

Probably a little of both don’t you think. From what I read, Cobourne thought he was lowballed by the Als when they finally made him an offer (which you have to admit they certainly took their time doing) and Popp told him if he wanted more he should try elsewhere.

If he’s day to day then why put him on the 9 game IR and not the 1 game IR?

Beat me to it
I doubt they’d risk the one chance to take a player off the 9 game IR
If that player was “day to day”
Nevertheless…I hope they do :wink:

From what I read, Cobourne thought he was lowballed by the Als when they finally made him an offer (which you have to admit they certainly took their time doing) and Popp told him if he wanted more he should try elsewhere
Popp was quoted as saying Cobourne was on the wrong side of 30 (CKAC) Apparently....he later apologised God only knows what he said during the negotiations I don't doubt his "lack of production" (read:rushing yardage) came into the discussion You can imagine what Avon had to say about [i]that[/i]

You might be interested in hearing what Bruins players and coaches say about Bruins fans
And how their vigilant, passionate and unyielding critique of the players, management and ownership made them a better team.
I doubt the Alouettes are fragile…and yes I remain loyal to them
Despite my lack of obsequiousness

When they are wrong
I may well frown
My faith is strong
But my nose ain’t brown

Likely because he could be day to day to day to day and then his salary would count against the cap. We put him on the 9-game IR and it doesn’t count against the cap until and unless he’s ready. We can always bring him off the 9-game IR prematurely if need be (exercising our once-per-season option to do so).

With our depth at receiver, we can afford to save cap dollars by shelving Watkins on the IR.

But doing that would seem to indicate the Als have some serious cap issues before the season has even started. There’s only one exemption per half for taking a guy off the 9 game early so using it on a guy who is day to day doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

And here I thought it was because of Tim Thomas.

And as for your delusions of Jim Popp jerking people around, being a fan of a team owned by the Jacobs family can make one ultra sensitive to that.

Day to day to begin practice, could still be 3 to 4 weeks before he’s cleared to play :roll: