Watching the CFL Draft on Sunday

Hopefully finally after I get to Florida for the fall I'll be able to figure out how to get all of the following, without tremendous hassle and TV bills over $100 per month, on my TV perhaps with the help of a Canadian neighbour and pirate for justice. I guess satellite might be the way to go, but with the rain down there I hear it's a real pain too. :roll:

1. CFL
  2. Rugby Union From England, Australia, etc.
  3. Serie A, La Liga, and English Premiereship
  4. NFL Network in addition to the games shown on free network TV and ESPN Monday Night Football

Geez with government or otherwise we can do so damn many things including too many worthless any more, get all the reality TV BS and poker and cable news and informercials and other mostly crap on TV we want, but it's already 2010 and we can't make it easier for the average dude to get all the football he wants any time he wants it? :x

Otherwise I have to stick to the limitations of www.channelsurfing.net .

Where on the net can you watch?

Check www.tsn.ca/cfl. There may be live streaming, but I haven’t checked very closely

it was on tv last year. pretty sure atleast.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it was only online.

I hope the CFL Office is reading this thread to see that there IS an interest in the CFL Draft being televised. I’m glad others are as hyped about the draft as I am. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion :slight_smile:

Last year’s draft was televised on TSN. I think the year before it was online only.

Don’t know if i am willing to stand for anymore of your Chris Berman bashing sir. :cowboy: Along with being tremendously talented, Berman also happens to be a big CFL booster and fan and was the sole reason why Grey Cup highlights were/are shown on “Primetime”.

Very possible you could be right Blogskee Wee Wee!!

I think it was 2001, maybe 2002, but Berman and the gang we discussing the best WRs in football at the end of Primetime or Countdown and Berman said “Milt Stegall” and the others were confused. He explained who Stegall was and Tom Jackson scoffed. It took guts for Berman to say Milt, and I though it was awesome. :thup:

He may be just a caricature of his former self, but the man loves the CFL, and for that reason alone, no matter what he does, he will always have my respect.

I wish they would package the East West game into the draft coverage somehow. Play the game, and follow it with the draft. Or even, make selections during breaks in the game.

Would add some interest to the draft, which can be like watching paint dry, and would get that game on TV. I just can't understand why no one covers that game. It would be the perfect kick off to football season.

Would also be great if TSN would see the value in a CIS game of the week, in addition to covering the playoffs.

Definitely Berman is the biggest American supporter of the CFL. Now if only the CFL could work out a deal with ESPN.

So far so good on TSN, but I am wondering if they could eventually make this into a NHL type showcase, with an arena, the teams at a table and fans in the seats.

i agree! thats what they need! i am havign a little draft party. already drinking some beers!

I would love that. With the draft only being 6 rounds, they could broadcast the whole thing in about 4 hours. Maybe if ratings are high enough we could see this in the future.

I would watch it.. was thinking the same thing as i've been watching it here

I think eventually that will happen. Move it around the country. They seem to be committed to the draft, and I must say it improved from last year a lot!

Moving it around the country would be a great idea. Every 8 years each city could host it. I know I’d go when it was in Hamilton, and probably Toronto too.

It sure looks as if TSN has scored the A list of advertisers for this event.

Pretty enjoyable so far! For someone like me who can't easily follow most of these players this is VERY informative.

Over time it can happen. Let’s hope sooner than later.