Watching the CFL Draft on Sunday

I know that the CFL Draft is not the big deal that occurs in the NHL and NFL, but what is your take on watching the CFL Draft, LIVE?

starts at noon on a sunday? thats pretty early but ill try and watch it for abit. its about as boring as the nfl and nhl drafts tho but yeah ill watch on and off. atleast until the bombers pick at 6 :stuck_out_tongue:

I'll most definitely be watching, cannot wait.

Only the first two rounds are televised. I get to be done after the 4th pick!

That’s noon Eastern time just to be clear.

killer lives his life in EST.

I hope enough people watch so that it will become an annual event. Online was good last year, but on the tube is better.

It's great that TSN is televising this event, it shows their true commitment to the CFL, the CIS and Canadian football. Although I have no idea how they're going to fill 2 hours? But I'll be watching to find out. We may find more CIS players might forego NFL tryout offers (like Cory Greenwood) to take part in the draft and perhaps get some face time on national TV. :thup:

It was on TV last year and enough people watched that TSN has now made it an annual event.

Who knew they'd have enough content to fill an all-day before the GC last year, but they have some mighty creative producers at TSN. I'm looking forward to what the panel has to say.

They should do a little more behind the scenes stuff so we can see who the movers and shakers are.

...not a chance brutha, +- 9:00PST the missus and I are intending to be crossing the finish line at the Vancouver half-marathon...maybe by 10:30 or so I'll check in, see how things went, any vancouverites aware of a sports bar open at 10:30am downtown on a Sunday?...

I'm watching the whole thing. I'm even having a draft party. I used do to the same thing with the NFL draft until they moved it to Thursday night. :x Oh well, NFL's loss is the CFL's gain.

I never watch a minute of any leagues draft. I just care about seeing the end result on the field.

too much talk, not enough action 8)

Drafts, the start of free agency, training camp, pre-season; I love it all. Just gets me more and more amped for the start of the season.

The two major reasons I will watch is because 1) it is of at least passing interest to me and 2) I want to be counted - the ratings need to send a message that Canadian football matters to Canadians. Money talks and ratings = $.

Who knew they'd have enough content to fill an all-day before the GC last year, but they have some mighty creative producers at TSN. I'm looking forward to what the panel has to say.
Good point rpaege, TSN's all-day Grey Cup pregame show was amazing, with an average audience of over 1 million viewers, compared to about 200,000 viewers for all the NFL games combined in the afternoon time slot.

Those of us in the states can watch it on tsn.ca??

http://www.justin.tv/directory?category=sports

hmm nope noon it is. im in montreal right now :slight_smile:

No kidding FYB, yet even so I am in the minority having thought the NFL draft was a massive letdown with way too much hype before, during, and now still after. (Yawn) Even the NFL combine and CFL E-Camp are not as indicative as they used to be for all but a choice few stars. The Pro Days at the NCAA schools and private workouts are where the real stars perform for the NFL, but as this is my first year trying to follow the league in the offseason, I don't know if they do those for the CFL stars too?

And so many of those "expert" analysts are just so full of it. I think they just like to hear themselves talk and try to be as loud as that re-fatted Chris Berman. He's so lame now and ought to just retire. :thdn:

Hey you pulled an Elvis FYB :stuck_out_tongue: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0vXxH1IEmQ