I have fired off a few emails to some people that I think can help make this happen. Hopefully I can get some momentum on this.
It is called, The Wall of Silence.
Before the opposing team takes the field the stadium is silent. As the Riders enter the field the whole crowd erupts at the same moment.
This COULD be a trade mark of Mosaic stadium, something UNIQUE to all of sports in the world that I know of. Instead of booing the opposition, the Riders could hold something special and unique.
It would work roughly like this.
- Two minutes before the opposition enters a message goes up on the jumbotron "Quiet Please, for the Wall of Silence"
- Everyone is dead quiet as the opposition enters.
- A countdown timer begins for the entrance of the riders, 30, 29, 28 ...... 3,2,1
- The crowd explodes in cheering at the same moment and goes wild
- The opposition is dumbfounded, the Riders are jacked up, the crowd atmosphere and fun level is jacked up
- Have the pregame radio show mention the wall of silence
- Cooperation from the jumbo-tron people, I don't think this will happen without the jumbotron.
- Hand out mini flyers to everyone entering the stadium that day.
I think if this was done once it would catch forever.
If we look at the lions, the boos and jeers will actually get them fired up. If we can hold off until after the game starts, it will give our team a big advantage.
Just to point to Clermont's recent comments on cfl.ca as a prime example.[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/lions-looking-to-feed-off-adversity]http://www.cfl.ca/article/lions-looking ... -adversity[/url]
"We're going to embrace that. They're going to keep us into the game and keep the energy high."