Walk of Fame Dinner

A big thanks to all who attended tonight's Walk of Fame dinner. It was a pleasure to be the emcee for the evening and it was a lot of fun talking to so many Ticats fans in attendance. The stories told by Henry Waszscuk and Rocky DiPietro, especially, were funny and touching. Thanks to new Cats Claws president Karen Ironside for including me in what was a special night.

Regards,
Rick

yes indeed rick, a very special night. from the hilarious stories shared by the speakers — joe zuger, dave marler, rocky dipietro, henry and marwan — to the special ticat kinship we all share. loved the fab job by pigskin pete and the rousing oski wee wees, the auctioning of the special danny mac 'package' — and it was so good to see so many alumni and cat front-office folks, as well as some current players.
a great night, and thanks to the cats claws dinner committee who put in so much work: the evening was perfect!
great job madame president!

It was a Night, Loved it, Thanks Karen :rockin:

Agreed, it was a terrific night!

Let me echo what has already been said! :thup:

First class. All the way!

Ever since my first dinner 5 years ago

this has been a must attend event
for me as a long time Tiger Cat fan.

The stories that are told about the honouree
and that the honouree tells on his team-mates

are a priceless peek into their personalities
which I had little knowledge of when they played.

Henry told one story on himself about the time

that he told his Polish immigrant parents
he wanted to change his name....oh, boy!!!

P.S.

And it's nice to see current players being recognized
for the many hours they put in doing community work

This year's Charlotte Simmons Humanitarian Award winner was Marwan Hage.

If this works you will see some photos from the dinner. http://picasaweb.google.co.in/catblackg ... 7fG4NmGbA#

Well, thanks so much for those photos. Everybody looks in fine form.

Is it just me or could Henry Waszscuk pass as Neil Lumsden’s twin.

Congratulations to Henry and Marwan.

LMAO!! Ok I didn’t want to say it, but I thought the same thing when I saw him.
I wondered what Lumsden was doing there.

PS. Great pics, Harv. I’m sorry I missed out.

Here's a Neil Lumsden photo from last year so you can judge for yourself:

Neil:

Henry:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_CIRYh9ql2kc/ShmeU1GCIOI/AAAAAAAACOM/5S9UZ2tFgp0/s128/DSC_0047.JPG

Sorry I was out of town.... It looks great. Thanks Harv

Oskee wee wee

Speaking of Marwan Hage and the Humanitarian Award, here's what he's up to in Montreal (this was posted on a Wire Service just today)

[url=http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1187]http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?nam ... e&sid=1187[/url]

PARTNERSHIPS HELP PROVIDE FOOD TO 680 FAMILIES IN DOWNTOWN MONTREAL

Published on Monday, May 25, 2009

Montreal, QC - Monday, May 25, 2009 – FTC Canada (Feed The Children) is providing 680 family food boxes to needy families in downtown Montreal on Wednesday May 27. This is in partnership with Sun Youth Organization, a downtown community centre serving youth, seniors and low income families and people with special needs.

FTC Canada is also partnering with Keltic Transportation Inc. (Moncton NB) for the food drop into the heart of downtown Montreal. New Brunswick driver, Kevin Desilva, saw a story about the need for transporting the food boxes in the Owner-Operators Independent Business Association (OOIDA) newsletter. The story had originally appeared at Today’s Tucking.com.

Desilva called FTC Canada and threw his support behind transporting the food in his own truck from Guelph to Montreal.

The final partnership came with Marwan Hage, former Sun Youth participant and CFL Centre for the Hamilton Tiger Cats. Marwan will be on hand to greet families and to hand out boxes. Hage who grew up in Montreal, credits Sun Youth for keeping him out of jail and off the streets when he was a kid.

FTC Canada partners with organizations and companies to provide food and supplies to those in need throughout Canada. The food boxes going to Montreal contain over 22 pounds of nutritious, non-perishable food - enough to feed a family of 4 for 3-4 days.

Recipients are identified by local social service organizations and receive a food voucher which they redeem at the event.

For more information about FTC Canada contact Cliff Cline:
Cell: 416-894-0684 or www.ftccanada.org