vs Winnipeg

As much as Jones p***** me off I don’t won’t him fired just yet. I agree that a DC should have been a priority in the off season as Jones even said he may give up that position after the rebuild. Now did he mean after 3 years of rebuild or one I guess that is up for interpretation by him. I’m not saying he isn’t a smart guy but honestly at times you can see by some of the calls he makes during the game he is a bit overwhelmed. Take the last game when things started to fall apart, instead of calling a time out or at the very least change the 3 man rush strategy and hope to get the defense off the field and straighten out the coverage assignments he just let things continue on which obviously didn’t work out at all. Winnipeg scored points on 6 drives in a row. 6, that is inexcusable. There were even signs in the second quarter that Winnipeg had worked out the schemes as there were at least two majors left on the field due to blown coverage being blown but Nichols didn’t take advantage of them. Dressler even pointed out during half time that him and Nichols and Lapo got together and pointed out what to look for and they sure got it right in the second half. Now Jones should have also seen the issue of blown assignment and either rotated players or get them on the right page. That couldn’t have happened simply by how many times there were receivers left all alone well down the field. On the 84 yard pass and run by Dressler he had time to make a sandwich before the defender was in the picture and he was out of gas getting near the goal line. It is one thing if a receiver makes a good move and then just runs away from the defender but if anyone was even in the same time zone they would have probably caught him before he scored. This was a total meltdown on the secondary and even the safety.

As much as I was ticked off that we didn’t win I was even more ticked off in the fact we had the lead and it watch it vanish in about 10 minutes to the point where we trailed by at least 10. That simply can not be tolerated and that is on Jones.

I know many were pointing fingers at Crappy and he certainly should have made that kick but if you look at the whole game the Riders were actually lucky to get to OT the defense was that bad. Some also are moaning about Glenn and the two picks but why this is a shock to them is beyond me. Glenn is notorious for throwing one or two a game but he also put 4 majors on the board and 40 points total. He threw over 50 times.( So much for addressing the run game and having a balanced offensive scheme.) That should be more then enough to win 95% of the time and yet we didn’t.

This is starting to look like it has the makings of 2015 all over again. Glenn putting points on the board with the bad picks thrown in for good measure and then the defense not stepping up to get the win. Eventually Glenn will get injured and whee here we go again. I hope I’m wrong but I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

IF at the end of the season ( zero point looking for a replacement during the season) and we are are less then 7 wins then is the time to make the hard decisions on whether to ride out Jones’s contract or you start the whole process over again which I so don’t want to happen but it may be a harsh reality.

If it does happen and Jones is gone then Mac would be gone at the very same time in my books. I would probably keep Murphs if not as the GM then I would make him VP. I would not be so inclined to have one guy with all the power though. Sure there are those that can do it all but when it doesn’t work out your left with not replacing one or two guys but the whole shebang. That is costly and very disruptive to having any sort of consistency in running the show.

Jones has indicated from day one that a DC would probably start getting looked at late in year 2…this season. I can respect that…he has his vision and he knew it was going to be a big ask to get there…he is taking that pressure and heat himself. I like a lot of what Jones does as a coach…in game he does a lot of things that I shake my head at though. I do think it is time to be offloading the DC role…but that is unlikely this season…I think he has realized this as well. A lil late…but I think he sees it. I think Lolley may have been the plan there for this season…but family comes first.

I have really changed my opinion on Murphy. At one time I was pulling for him to get the GM job…Murphy, Sunderland and Jones were the the guys I was pulling for as lead candidates as well as a couple more lesser known guys out of Montreal and Toronto, with Murphy leading the pack. Now I have had the opportunity to get to know Murphy a bit…hell of a guy…i like him. He has superb contacts. He can bring in good players. I am not sold on his final evaluations of players and I am not sold on some of his handlings of players…I don’t think airing some of that here is something I should do, so I will just leave it at that.

If something changes I am not sure who would be leading candidates at this time…but I would probably hope for Lapo as HC.

The frustrating thing is that going in I think most people saw the secondary as the biggest concern…and boom…it is. I mean you are dropping 9 and having busts like that? Scary. I know this secondary is still coming together for the zones, but that is brutal in a cover 9. The strength of this D is the DL. Put 4 on the line or put 3 and bring in a random LB to keep the O guessing and this line will get pressure…rely on the strength of the D to help the weakness…you don’t take away from the strength to supplement the weakness.

As far as the O went…I actually didn’t mind McAdoo in this one. He was trying the rushing game…he was keeping the D honest…it kinda had to go away in the 3rd…but he tried up to then. I am not sure on his play calling with it, but he was trying. It seemed like he was hitting the edges a lot, and in doing so the Bomber D was leaving the middle wide open…in OT that resulting in a shoe string tackle stopping what was likely a winning run. You could see play after play the middle was getting left open as they pushed outside.

I will say this though…fumble on the 9, 2 brutal picks, someone blowing their zone entirely for Dressler…take any of those away and it is a different game. That is a failure on all 3 teams. I know the Bombers missed stuff…still…those are changers. even the 2nd INT…fine…you Fd up…but the first one never should have been thrown…horrible horrible decision. If you are going to make those mistakes put in a young guy and let him make them and grow…that was very disappointing going into half.

but I mean secondary…cover 9 and like 8 busts…not acceptable at all. Get the heat on, cuz ya cant cover in zone.

Jones has indicated from day one that a DC would probably start getting looked at late in year 2...this season. I can respect that...he has his vision and he knew it was going to be a big ask to get there...he is taking that pressure and heat himself. I like a lot of what Jones does as a coach...in game he does a lot of things that I shake my head at though. I do think it is time to be offloading the DC role...but that is unlikely this season.....I think he has realized this as well. A lil late...but I think he sees it. I think Lolley may have been the plan there for this season...but family comes first.

I have really changed my opinion on Murphy. At one time I was pulling for him to get the GM job…Murphy, Sunderland and Jones were the the guys I was pulling for as lead candidates as well as a couple more lesser known guys out of Montreal and Toronto, with Murphy leading the pack. Now I have had the opportunity to get to know Murphy a bit…hell of a guy…i like him. He has superb contacts. He can bring in good players. I am not sold on his final evaluations of players and I am not sold on some of his handlings of players…I don’t think airing some of that here is something I should do, so I will just leave it at that.

If something changes I am not sure who would be leading candidates at this time…but I would probably hope for Lapo as HC.

The frustrating thing is that going in I think most people saw the secondary as the biggest concern…and boom…it is. I mean you are dropping 9 and having busts like that? Scary. I know this secondary is still coming together for the zones, but that is brutal in a cover 9. The strength of this D is the DL. Put 4 on the line or put 3 and bring in a random LB to keep the O guessing and this line will get pressure…rely on the strength of the D to help the weakness…you don’t take away from the strength to supplement the weakness.

As far as the O went…I actually didn’t mind McAdoo in this one. He was trying the rushing game…he was keeping the D honest…it kinda had to go away in the 3rd…but he tried up to then. I am not sure on his play calling with it, but he was trying. It seemed like he was hitting the edges a lot, and in doing so the Bomber D was leaving the middle wide open…in OT that resulting in a shoe string tackle stopping what was likely a winning run. You could see play after play the middle was getting left open as they pushed outside.

I will say this though…fumble on the 9, 2 brutal picks, someone blowing their zone entirely for Dressler…take any of those away and it is a different game. That is a failure on all 3 teams. I know the Bombers missed stuff…still…those are changers. even the 2nd INT…fine…you Fd up…but the first one never should have been thrown…horrible horrible decision. If you are going to make those mistakes put in a young guy and let him make them and grow…that was very disappointing going into half.

but I mean secondary…cover 9 and like 8 busts…not acceptable at all. Get the heat on, cuz ya cant cover in zone.
[/quote]
[b] Carries yds avg lg td
MARSHALL, Cameron
7 11 1.6 7 0
Carries yds avg lg td
GRANT, Bakari
1 10 10.0 10. 0

Carries yds avg lg td
GLENN, Kevin
1 2 2.0 2 0
carries yds avg lg td
CARTER, Duron
1 -3 -3.0 -3 0[/b]
Total 10 carries for 20 yards on the whole F****** team.
Lol when is it considered a total of 10 rushing attempts ( 3 by non rb) to be trying to mix things up?

Good lord 10 attempts should be a quarters worth not a whole games. there is no way, no how is the defense gong to respect the run with that few attempts. All right I get it that it is hard to run when behind or if you have been stuffed a few times but man 7 running plays for a RB all game? That is F****** garbage. Either we don’t have the right back (hmm good thing we turfed Allen ) or we are not firing off the ball to open holes. Sue I get that Winnipeg do have a good D lines but man at least make it look like you believe you can run the ball. 7 touches in no way indicates that Mac has a sniff of how to coordinate a run offense.He has shown nothing since he has come here that he does God I know the Cornishes and the Sheets don’t fall in you lap but seriously 4 years and we can’t get a real legitimate RB? Pathetic is what that is .

9 non QB rushing attempts…and I believe only 2 of those were in the 2nd half…so yeah…they were at least keeping the D honest. I would like to see more rushing and I would like to see more north/south…thought they were in the process of opening up the middle…I can only assume for future considerations…if they had actually maintained a lead in the 3rd then opening up the middle like that could have provided some big runs and been deflating to the Bombers…not my favorite approach, but I see it and I get it. Anyways…7 rushes in a half is not a horrible number. 2 of the best balanced teams in the league (Ottawa and Calgary) rush the same. I think they could have ran north/south and had better numbers…but it sure seemed they were building with a plan there. When you are up 2 scores and suddenly down 2 scores those plans kinda go out the window…so like I said…they were fairly balanced in attack until the 3rd.