..........vs Montreal

Just a couple things. The Esks OL will have Lefsrud and Morris back for this game and that should help a lot. Yes, the Als will blitz a lot and maybe even get a few sacks. I believe that the Montreal OL will have just as much fun with the Eskimo DL.

Ricky Ray has seen the Matthew’s defense before. He beat it two years ago in the Grey Cup. And yes I realize that they started two rookies at the corners. The personnel will be different this time, but I think Ray will be up to the challenge. His forte is not scrambling, and creating offense that way. It’s poise and precision. The other variable is that Tom Higgins is not coaching the Esks this season and the game plan will definitely be different.

Danny Maciocia will be quicker to make adjustments should the Als defense get the better of us early on and he will come after Calvillo a lot harder than Higgins ever did.

Both teams are strong, but I think if you are looking for an edge in experience you have to give it to the Als. Fortunately experience doesn’t always mean everything and I think the Esks are going to give the Als all they can handle and have an excellent shot at winning this game.

Will probably be the game of the week even if you aren’t an Eskimos fan.

Cheers

This is just my opinion....

The Als seem to always play Edmonton at home within the first few weeks of the season. And there is always questions about the Alouettes. Everyone questions them, and doubt them being as strong as they were the year before. Well, obviously this year people have the right to doubt them after 2 games where we werent so great and the Esks started the season in a great way. But year in and year out, people always questions themselves and say the Als will probably lose this one, but come game time they dominate the whole game. The Als definately won't dominate this game, but I think they'll win this one pretty good. But at least 10 points.

I also think the the Als are a different team from when they play at Home then they are when they play on the road.

But it should be a great game,

Good luck to both, and hopefully no one gets hurt.

You think everyone questions the Als? Try being an Eskies fan. Ever year I have to shake my head at the lame comments from other fans trying to convince themselves the Esks are going to tank the year because of a "suspect o-line" (when I ask them to elaborate on this, they disappear), rookie coach, defense, basically every goddamn excuse in the book.

It's pathetic. And half of the time it's always Stamps and Rider fans. Shocker!

..........only half the time?........geez, I would have pegged it at about 95% of the time.......here's hoping for a Montreal schooling of your truly offensive line tonight.........

.........oh yeah, I re-read all of your posts EATB.........what's B by the way?, Beef?, Barney?...........anyway, I'm off track here.......I didn't see any string where you ask for an elaboration on someone's opinion of the EE front line.........please show me where this occurred and we'll try to get this sorted out, 'kay dude?.......

Well, it's 14-0 Esks. Truly a schooling. :roll:

If I were a Stamps fan I wouldn't want to wander into an Esks forum and show them how incredibly bitter I am, and how big the massive inferiority complexes Cowtown fans have when they look north.

I've called out Chumps and Roughwhiner fans whenever you all try to delude yourselves about a number of retarded excuses of what will work against us. Don't try to make me play your petty little game when you have no credibility with me in the first place, "'kay dude"?

edit: 14-7.

Awful quite in here...... now we know that the EE will not be the last undefeated team....

...........well, not a schooling, darn, Montreal let me down.........

.........sorry EATB, no inferiorty complex here, or bitterness, not sure what you're reading...........when I look north I see a city much like my own, maybe you should take your rose-coloured glasses off...........

...........you sound a trifle upset though yourself, and it looks like you're avoiding my very open and honest question........dude.........please direct me to your claim of anyone running off after you've scared them silly and we'll together try to get you your answer..............

Umm. Yeah. We'll leave it at that. And no whining about the clock, because the ball was dead.

gt tho 8)

Not avoiding anything there pal. Was an interesting and exciting game. Landry sure is dangerous and he really broke the momentum for the Als at a time when they were struggling.

I really believe that special teams were the key tonight, the Esks return coverage was scary and Fleming had an off nite. He wasn't the only player to make mistakes, as I thought EE didn't resond as well in the second half.

Give the Als full measure for the win. Calvillo kept the drives alive when he needed to. Edmonton will be back and clearly showed that they do indeed have the potential we have been talking about.

Cheers

Esks lost fair and square, The esks D was solid, and special teams was horrible, that was the esks game to win but couldnt pull it off, cudos to the Als, Best game ive seen in a long time.

Go Esks Go

Cheers to another great cfl game!!!

Definitely a great game.

It will be hard to beat the excitement of that game. A comeback by the Als, then it was back and forth.

The Esks D-Line was finally tested tonight, they had 1 sack I believe? But the Esks totally dominated the first half. Second half, our defence woke up and your defence was awesome the whole game. It was the fact of Itty Bitty, cause without him, the Als would of lost.

I was shocked to hear that Calvillo put up better numbers then Ray. Ray at one point was 13-15, but second half he had trouble. Kudos to our DBs for being aggressive.

I think this is as strong as Ive seen them in a few years. You may be at 2-1, but in the long run, you guys are serious contenderds.

Take care everyone, and let's hope Ottawa puts an end to BCs streak, and TO puts and end to Saskatchewan's streak. Imagine that, Saskatchewan the only undefeated team, :wink: lol joke.

Im out

Great game, it's tough to compete in montreal for any team but the esks did a great job. sure some players didn't have their best games but its going to happen. I think we saw 2 grey cup contending teams tonight and this game could of went either way. too many unfroced errors from edmonton but oh well. the time clock was a little questionnable but whats done is done. im not complaining or making excuses. it was a great game on both sides but esks special teams shot themselves in the foot. New guys = we just need to keep learning and that will come from experience and playing together. Good job guys, we'll bounce back with a win in our house next week and hopefully a few more after that. 17-1 would be nice? lol (I'm allowed to dream) haha :lol: but yeah. cya

You said you looked yourself at all my posts right? (which is a bit, shall we say, creepy…). By the way; direct yourself! I'm sure you're fairly capable of finding examples on your own. I'm better than you and refuse to play your silly little game.

"Running off after I scared them silly"? Way to use your own selective BS. I never implied anything like that. I simply left the question open for any Chumps/Whiners fans and no one followed it up.

What do you call 30 Stamps fans in a room together?

The world's biggest mullet and a full set of teeth! :slight_smile:

Anyways, good game by Montreal. It was a close nail-biter in the 4th. We'll beat them later at CW.

..........hmmmm.........you are a weird one EATB..........

..........you make a statement and then are afraid to stand up to it, to back it up........you can't find a post where you called someone out and they ran away, as you put it...........there isn;t one, thats why ya doofus, so who looks like a creepy loser now cry boy.........

.............and you attempt at child-like humour is absolutley pitiful..........save it for the smoke room at work..............but you'll probably forget with your two minute attention span..............

................you wanna smack..........lets get it on EATB.............

Afraid? Of an impotent attempt of trash talk by a Stamps fan? Keep telling yourself that.

I know my own posts, there are only 30-something of them. I recall one about a whole load of lame excuses about our "suspect o-line"�among other things�mostly from Stamps and Rider fans. That's almost word-for-word.

I know it's out there, and since you're so keen of searching other people's posts like a strange lunatic, I am offering you a chance to find it yourself. Again, I don't play petty games. Calgary sports fans are the epitome of pettiness, and you are Exhibit A.

I happen to find a Stamps fan getting worked up about their inferiority mildly amusing.

.............hahaha..........tricked ya, made you keep coming back..........why?........cause you're a sore loser EATB..........

.........as a moderator I need to be damn sure about what I'm speaking about, lest my rep get tarnished.........that's why the snooping in your past threads dummy.......

.............and your brave attempts to call your albertan brother from down south jealous about your sweet surroundings is falling on deaf ears........

..........I don't know why so many from Edmonton think we all so jealous of you, what you have, and where you live...........puzzling...........

You're only hurting yourself. Way to be! Trying to degrade me, an Esks fan…for posting on an Esks forum.

If you claim that I never gave Stamps/Riders fan an oppurtunity to follow up on me brushing off our "suspect o-line/coach/insert sad reason here" excuses, allowing them an oppurtunity to disprove it (which no one did), then how come you're pretending not to find it? I'm not putting in the effort, you do it.

Why are you saying that I "called someone out and scared them off"? I said no such thing. I never mentioned any specific individual.

Lastly, if Calgarians aren't bitter and jealous of our sporting accomplishments, then why defend against it then? If a Calgarian made a claim like that, it would be laughable, and I'd ignore it.

..........'kay, you know what EATB..........there it is, your exact quote..........and you know what else?...........you've never actually asked anyone to elaborate on this..........so I guess that makes you a....... ?liar?.........ouch eh?........are your pants on fire?...............

..........and I saw something else in reading your history with us here on CFL.ca.........you are a very angry man, I'll assume you are a guy, it's probably safe.............everything you have to say is demeaning, taunting, anger-based and almost insulting to the people you are conversing with.........oh, except one post where you said McGill was a pretty loud stadium........good for you.........you're like 1 for 40.............

.........you and Eski-moses should get together for anger-management classes.........he seems to share your hatred for anything Calgary related........perhaps together you two can find peacefulness in your hearts.........

..........and in seeing this reply I'm sure you'll come up with something angry and hurtful to say..........but that's o.k. because you know what, I have thick skin..........3 years cheering for the whipping boys of the CFL will get you that..........and I also have a better appreciation of the dark dark place where your thoughts reside and I simply couldn't look myself in the mirror knowing I was taunting and upsetting someone who so clearly needs our luv...........