..........vs Montreal

.............do you think the Als will be some P.O.'d by their embarrassing loss in the nations capital?........methinks they will be caged and forced-starved by The Don this week so they will rip their next opponent apart limb by limb..........oh, too bad, it's you guys...........how many of you have seen 'Saving Private Ryan'?.........you know the opening scene of the soldiers in the LST and the storming of the beachhead?........put an EE on each guys helmet and that's how she'll go next game..........good luck, but unless you do something about the man-sized cardboard cutouts you have on the O line the trip home to the 'Chuk might be a quiet one..........

Then again, a close loss due to a blown lead can really demoralize a team as well. I would be more concerned for the Esks if Ottawa had completely blown out the Als.

Plus the Als defense lives and dies by the blitz. It was totally ineffective against Ottawa, whereas Edmonton got 7 sacks against them. And Ricky Ray always shreds blitzing defenses like cheese. I wonder if the Als defense may be a bit weak this year?

Plus, Edmonton's O-line will be better once they get their two regulars back, probably this week.

I think it will be a good game.

Have you ever posted anything other than bad mouthing the Esks? Dude, your posts are getting sad, try doing something constructive for a change, also, our o-line isn't great but it gets the job done, we are putting up lots of points a game and our defence in my opinion is the best in the cfl. I know you won't stop all these lame posts, but buddy, we're all laughing at you.

GoEsksGo

red and white you need to give you head a shake

esks sacks for 13 sacks against 4
mtl sacks for 2 sacks against 5

with mtl getting one sack a game i dont think ray has much to worry about but on the other hand calvio should be sore come late friday night

.........goesksgo, the quote is like two spaces above your reply, why re-post it?..........and if you ACTUALLY go back and re-read my stuff (yeah, I know theres a lot of it but nonetheless) you'll see I don't always badmouth the EEs, so your attempt to diffuse my opinion is moot, ask fellow EE fan supertoe, he and I have actually shared compliments along the way..............doofus, the post i wrote isn't even an insult, gawd, grow a thick skin already, the season has just started........

........champ, can't argue with stats, but recognise that your numbers were built on games against Ottawa and Wimpyegg.........although Winn does have a fairly decent D (poor guys, thats about all they have right now).........mind you, the Als stats were built on games against Ham and Ott too so maybe there's parity there, maybe.........all I'm saying is that The Don is gonna blitz like mad, can your O line handle it?..............RR is not a scramblin' QB and if the pocket collapses I figure he's in trouble..........

the only thing you can judg the ability of the esks o line compared to the mtl pass rush is the games we both played against ottawa and mtl got one sack and was sacked 4 times edm got 7 sacks and was sacked 2 times so if edmontons o line can hold a team like ottawa to 2 sacks and mtl got sacked 4 times it would leed you to belive that esks have a better o line and if mtl can only get 1 sack and edmonton can get 7 it would leed you to belive that the esks have a better pass rush but with only two games played it is still anyones guess but i would rather go with the stats not weeknesses from last year

The O-line has been solid so far - only given up 4 sacks in two games. That's acceptable for the current patchwork O-line.

Once Morris and Lefsrud return from their injuries, we'll have a solid O-line once more. Annunziata was an all star last season, and Beaton looks like he has solidified the left tackle posistion where we had the most problems last year.

I just think the Esks need to solidify the running back position and they will be nearly flawless.

EskJebus, I think RedandWhite is an equal opportunity basher... not just the esks :slight_smile:

either way, the game is gunna be either close, or a blowout. both end up in esks wins. so i'd say that were gunna kick some good ole A$$

I always defend my Esks.

They always get a bad rap from fans of other teams...

champ posted:
"the only thing you can judg the ability of the esks o line compared to the mtl pass rush is the games we both played against ottawa and mtl got one sack and was sacked 4 times edm got 7 sacks and was sacked 2 times so if edmontons o line can hold a team like ottawa to 2 sacks and mtl got sacked 4 times it would leed you to belive that esks have a better o line and if mtl can only get 1 sack and edmonton can get 7 it would leed you to belive that the esks have a better pass rush but with only two games played it is still anyones guess but i would rather go with the stats not weeknesses from last year"

First off. It does not really matter what the Eskimos can do against the Renegades and what the Alouettes can do against the Renegades. Its a game between Montreal and Edmonton. Therefore its a matter of what the Alouettes can do against the Eskimos, and what the Eskimos can do against the Alouettes. Don't get me wrong, the Esks have a great D-Line. But to be honest. Montford never had a "Good" game against my Als. And we have the same O-Line since as long as I can remember. So, if Montford has trouble with our O-Line, it won't be much easier for Mr. Jeanty. In my opinion, we have the best O-Line in the CFL. We have a smart Offence. And as for Ricky Ray not being worried, I think he does have a few things coming for him. Don't underestimate our D-Line. We have the fast Mark Megna, a powerful John Nix, the QB Killer Phillion and Defensive MVP Anwar Stewart. It wont help the Esks O-Line either when Duane Butler and Tim Strickland, whom has exceptional speed blitzing. So lets be honest here, no matter the outcome, it will be a close exciting game, and no way will the Esks blow out Montreal at Molson Stadium.

EskJebus Posted:
They always get a bad rap from fans of other teams...

All teams get badmouthed. Especially my Alouettes and your Eskimos. Toronto also, but hey, for some reason, ALL canadian cities hate Toronto Sports teams! :?:

Your Als defence is not all that great, they have gave up 60 points in two games, against the Ti-cats and Gades..... Your defence was great last year , this year it's not, 30 points a game is not a good average for a defence, But i agree , it won't be a blow out, but a good game, but don't flatter your defence until they actually show up to a game!

GoEsksGo

I don't badmouth the Alouettes - just Don Matthews.

I think he's a total glory hound.

GoEsksGo...

You make good points. But keep in mind, that in the game against Hamilton, the Als Defence did not allow a single Touchdown. It was the Offence and Special Teams. So its fair to say the Als have let by 39 points. Although they got some bad breaks, like Ottawa being down by 10, just got some momentum off a huge fumble recovery, and started on the Als 15 yardline.

I think our only weakness on Defence, is that we can't handle pressure. Up by 10 with like 2 minutes, theres no need for Ottawa to score a TD where the Receiver Frank Cutolo was wide open in the endzone.

It should be a great game. And I was not referring to you as one who bad mouthes the Als. Theres just alot, all Im saying.

hey ryoon what can the als do against the esks we have 18 new starters im taking info from games that have been played not from the back of my head or years past

Thanks for the compliment champ. All I was saying is that, just because Montreal lost to Ottawa and Edmonto destroyed Ottawa necessarly mean Edmonton is gonna beat Montreal.

Each team has different types of "strategy".

I see your a short tempered guy. This is a forum, where people can post opinions or ask questions.

So, once more I will be called names or insulted, when post another opinon and im going to say that I see some specific Eskimos fan will be pretty pissed about the outcome of Friday night's game.

This game is a tough pick. If Edmonton wins, it won't be a blowout down in Montreal's stadium.

However, if Montreal wins it very well could be a blowout.

i think it will be the best game of the week, the only game im looking forward to more is B.C and edmonton, at B.C place, i love watching edmonton beat the best teams at there ball park. hey i hate the ALS but u have to be concerned going in there to play the ALS i still think well will win but u always gotta be on guard against the ALS

The Esks O-line will be tested by a 7 man front, which is going to stunt and blitz like crazy, also drop back to try to make life all that harder for Ricky Ray, i'm looking foward to see'ing Brady cover Vaughn.

GoEsksGo

I don't really think it will be a blow out either way. Everyone talks about how this is a real tough test for the eskies BUT I think thereshould be more questions about Montreal. Sure Edmonton only played OTT and WINN but they beat them pretty badly with great defense and offense. Montreal on the other hand also only played HAM and OTT and did not (in my opinion) look spectacular in either case. I think the rest of the league (fans , media) don't realise how strong Edmonton is this year.