Vote in Star poll: Which sport is more exciting, NFL or CFL?

Typical Toronto media...pitting fans of football in Canada against each other.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The vast majority of football fans in Canada enjoy football of all kinds, and appreciate the nuances of every type of ball, CFL/NFL/CIS/College/Junior. I'll even watch a little Arena ball in the spring when I'm deperate for a football fix!

Why do they do this? Its all part of the Toronto-based media's plan to kill CFL football in Canada for the sake of a possible NFL team in Toronto.

I just checked the poll and it now stands at:
CFL 53% :rockin:
NFL 46% :oops:
I can hear the Toronto Star tripping all over itself trying to explain the poll never was meant to be scientific. How embarrasaing for them right to have this happen in the middle of the Super Dud hype.
Cheers
David

You got that right David!

Poll is STILL OPEN…can you believe that! :thup:

No doubt. CFL is up to 55% now. Wow. :lol:

CFL is now leading by 110 votes

The CFL is King, long live the CFL!

57% for the CFL, 42% for the NFL.

Gotta love those polls...especially when the rag expects them to go the other way.

Maybe that's why it's still open? They're hoping the NFL will still come out on top?

56% to 43% for the CFL. The math doesn't add up. As far as I'm concerned the CFL vote is probably low and the NFL high to the REAL feeling across Canada.

56% to 43% for the CFL. The math doesn't add up
But this is very likely the feeling in Toronto where the STAR is located and is the market being targeted. As a matter of fact, the fact that this board and the ti-cat board are aware of the poll and are voting has probably skewed the results for a Toronto poll.

Contrary to the actual poll results, apparantly the Star published today that the NFL is leading the CFL by 70% to 30%? I guess if they don't like the results of their polls they can just lie to their readers??[/img]

Are you serious? :o They didn't even attempt to make it realistic! :roll:

Link to where they are saying that??

58-41 for the CFL!

Well, I gotta be honest, as good as the CFL is, this was one of the most intense finishes I've seen in a long while! :smiley:

I dont believe I have ever concidered a poll to be intense

I meant the actual game tonight. Those were 3 of the most intense minutes ever! :smiley:

...I really enjoyed that game tonight, a few more points either way would ahve been nice, but it was an exciting finish and entertaining...

I agree. I cannot believe it took until the final quarter for something to actually happen. Great showing by both defences.

Just goes to show you, as great as the CFL is, the NFL still has its exciting games as well. And boy was this one of them.

The Grey Cup also had a pretty intense finish...

I agree. For all the people who bad mouth it, I mean, c'mon, it was Dinwiddie's first star.