Virtual Grey Cup Challenge X, Week 1

One week until the CFL season kicks off, which means one thing: It's time for the Virtual Grey Cup Challenge to begin!

Hard to believe that this is the TENTH annual VGCC competition. A lot of you have done this many times before, and need no explanation. For those who are new, here's a brief overview:

Every week, make your picks as a reply to the "Virtual Grey Cup Challenge" thread. Just pick the teams you think will win. You can elaborate if you want, but please make it easy for me to see at a glance which teams you are picking to win.
Picks must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff in order to be considered for a game. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. Period.
You can change your pick prior to a game's scheduled kickoff by POSTING ANOTHER REPLY to the same thread. Please don't EDIT your picks once you have made them.
Anyone can join in at any time simply by making picks.
At the end of each week, the standings will be posted here. Participants are ranked based on (1) the highest number of correct picks, (2) the lowest number of incorrect picks, and (3) the highest AGGREGATE SPREAD. The aggregate spread is the total point spread of all correct picks MINUS the total point spread of all incorrect picks.

You can view a more complete list of all the rules here.

So, without further delay, here are the games for Week 1:
Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Good luck!

....great to see you back BigDave,,,,,somehow when the VGCC gets going ,it really signals to me the season is 'officially' under-way....looking forward to another great one :thup: good luck to all...(haven't worked out my pics yet for next week....still a lot of deliberating to do) :wink:

Okay, I’ll get things started here. Hard to tell from the pre-season how good each team is going to be: look at Hamilton the last couple of years, who went 2-0 in preseason and 3-15 in the regular season. (Now that they’ve gone 0-2 in preseason, maybe they’ll go 15-3 in the games that count! :smiley: )

Anyway, my picks.
Hamilton over Toronto: Not a believer in hiring coaches with no Canadian football experience, particularly those who surround themselves with assistants with no Canadian football experience. Hamilton last year was just one or two good players away from being a good team, and I think they got them this off-season. Cats by 8.

Calgary over Montreal: A replay of the Grey Cup game. Too bad I’ll miss the first part of it, as it should be a great one. Tough to pick a winner here, so I’m going with the home team. Stamps by 4.

Edmonton over Winnipeg: Home field will be an advantage here as well. Also, hard to imagine Ricky Ray losing to a list of no-name QBs. Esks by a dozen.

B.C. over Saskatchewan: I almost don’t want to pick this game, because the Riders were my downfall last year. They lost nearly every game I said they’d win, and won nearly every game I said they’d lose. But even with the Lions’ slow start last year, it’s hard to pick against Wally. Lions by 6.

...hey BD, glad to see you running this thing again...

Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

My picks for week one:

Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary
BC

Thanks for doing this again, Big Dave. :rockin:

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
BC

Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
B.C.

Glad to see you back running the pool again Big Dave!

HAMILTON OVER Toronto, Hamilton's at Home, Toronto looks like a team in "Disarray". Don't read the Argo's pre-season victory into anything.....HAMILTON BY 4

CALGARY Over Montreal, Grey Cup re-match. Both good teams, both looked strong in the pre-season. Taking Calgary only because they are at Home. CALGARY by 1

EDMONTON Over Winnipeg. Eskies are at Home, they have a Allstar QB in Rickey Ray, Lumsden is healthy.......EDMONTON by 14

BC Over Saskatchewan, Do the winds on the prairee's blow this early in the season? Early battle for 3rd place. It will come down to Quarterbacking, Experience goes to BC in this department. BC by 4

Cool stuff thanks! My picks go as follows:
Hamilton
Calgary
Edmonton
B.C.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :rockin:

Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, BC

Good to have the CFL back.

This is about the only thread I ever respond in in my many years of trolling the CFL forums.
Good luck to all participants this year and a big thanks to Big Dave as usual!

Toronto @ Hamilton = Toronto
Montreal @ Calgary = Montreal
Winnipeg @ Edmonton = Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan = BC

Hi Big Dave - thanks in advance for all your work with this again this season! Hope your ti-cats improve.

Week # 1 winners will be:
Stamps, Riders, Esks and Argos.

Riders on to the Grey Cup Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin: :cowboy:

Good to see you again Dave!!!!!! :smiley:

Winners:

Toronto
Calgary :cowboy:
Edmonton
Sask

Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

HAMILTON - i think the cats have some potential, not sure if i can say the same for the argo's
CALGARY - just going with the champs at home, tough one to call
EDMONTON - love the bombers but edmontons a tough place to win anytime, not too mention with a roster full of new faces on the first game of the season
BC - bc is always tough, early in the season i believe sask still has a bit more work to do to compete with the top teams.

Hamilton
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Montreal
Edmonton
B.C.

Home team sweep! Oh no! Thanks Big Dave for doing this again this year. Almost more fun than the games themselves!

Swahgade

Go Heatley Go!
CFL in Ottawa in 2012, please!

Hamilton
Montreal
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan