Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

Here are the matchups for week 9:
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary

The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary

Picks for this week are:
BC
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Montreal

BC
SK
HAM
MTL

B.C. @ Winnipeg = BC
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton = Edm
Toronto @ Hamilton = Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary = Montreal

B.C. @ Winnipeg: This game is a big question mark. Will Dickenson be playing? Will Glenn? Will Stegall? I'm going on the assumption that both teams will be at full strength. After the way Ranek tore through Winnipeg's D last week, I can only imagine what Joe Smith will do. B.C. by 4.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Edmonton is too good a team to have their losing streak extend much further. Their win will come at home, against a sub-par team. This week is as good as any. Edmonton by 9.

Toronto @ Hamilton: The Cats may be hitting their stride at just the right time. Ranek appears to be healthy for the first time this season, and I'm sure Maas' hip will be at or close to 100% by then. Their defence is strong, and should have no difficulty with Toronto's O. Hamilton by 15.

Montreal @ Calgary: Despite their win over the Riders, the Stamps have been struggling lately. Plus, it's hard to pick against the Als until someone finds a way to beat them. Montreal by 6.

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary

B.C.
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary

I'll probably change my picks. I'll see. :slight_smile:

Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

WINNIPEG wins :thup:

EDMONTON wins :thup:

TORONTO wins :thup:

CALGARY wins :thup:

.....Some gambles here, need to make up some ground...

BC
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary

my pick this week

*B.C.
*Saskatchewan
*Hamilton
*Montréal

thanks BigDave

Well BigDave, a 3-1 week is much better than it's been. Hopefully I'm on a roll now, and here are my picks for week 9.

BC Lions @ Winnipeg- With Dave Dickinson, Kevin Glenn, and Milt Stegall all hurt last week, hopefully everyone will be healthy and performing at peak ability. I'm picking Winnipeg ONLY because they are the home team, and BC sometimes has problems on the road. I'm taking Winnipeg by 6 points.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton- Both teams are mediocre at best right now, and the Eskimos are the bigger surprise because of this. They are also good enough to beat the Riders at home, and to improve their record to 3-5. I'm taking Edmonton by 5 points.

Toronto @ Hamilton- I've lost five times this season due to the Hamilton Tiger Cats, but this week should work out for them against a very bad Toronto team. I'm taking Hamilton by 10 points.

Montreal @ Calgary- Calgary played better last week and finally got a win, but this is the undefeated Alouettes they play this week. I think Montreal is due to lose, but until someone beats them, it's tough to pick against them. I'm taking Montreal by 6 points.

Thank you BigDave, great move on your part to change your choice to the Ti-Cats last week.  It took alot of guts after that awful performance the week before.

B.C.
Edmonton
Toronto
Calgary

This week is gonna be a tough one to call, but here's how I see it going down:

BC over Winnipeg
Edmonton over Saskatchewan
Hamilton over Toronto
Montréal over Calgary

Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Montreal

B.C. @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
Toronto @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Calgary

Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Winnipeg - Have to do it. Quinn will surprise. Hope it's not me!
Edmonton - Ding Dong! Good morning guys, here is something green for breakfast.
Hamilton - These guys have woken up.
Montreal - Don't think Calgary have enough in the tank.

Thanks a lot Dave, have a good one.

Wow, 3-1 last week..... probably would've rather been 2-2 with a Rider win, but oh well.

This week:

BC
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Thanks BigDave!