Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

The Week 8 standings are posted here.

To join in, start making picks. New participants may join up until the Labour Day games.
Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 9. Winnipeg has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Ottawa
Calgary @ B.C.
Edmonton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton

Good luck!

Ooo boy! I’m in a free-fall here. I’m only one game below .500, but I’ve plummeted all the way to #28. At one point I was #4! This week should be much easier, but that also means a lot of people will make the same picks I do, which means I’m not likely to climb very high, even if I go 4-0. Still, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Montreal @ Ottawa: Not much doubt about this one. Ottawa is way better than Montreal. RedBlacks by 11.

Calgary @ B.C.: This will be the game of the week, and will likely be fairly evenly split in the VGCC. Essentially a coin toss, but I’m going with the visitors, because visiting teams are still 19-12-1. Stamps by 3.

Edmonton @ Toronto: Edmonton finally ended their losing skid, so they should have their confidence back. Kilgore has proven he’s not the next Collaros or Harris (and of course Ray isn’t much better.) Esks by 9.

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton: Zach’s back. After shaking off the rust in the first half against the Lions, he nearly led the team to another come-from-behind win. After an astonishing 44 days between home games, Hamilton is finally back at THF. And the Riders are just what the doctor ordered. Cats by 20.

Ottawa
B.C.
Edmonton
Hamilton

My picks for week 9 are:

Ottawa
BC
Edmonton
Hamilton

Thank you

Richard

Montreal