Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

The standings after Week 8 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 9. Winnipeg has the bye this week.
Montreal @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Ottawa @ Toronto

Good luck!

My first 4-0 of the season bumps me from 42nd to 31st. Hard to believe that a few weeks ago I was sitting at #60. Let's see if I can keep this going.

Montreal @ B.C.: B.C. is 2-1 at home, and Montreal is 0-3 on the road. Never used to think much of this, but right now, 4 of 9 teams are unbeaten at home, and if someone had picked the home team for each game, they'd be 22-10 and on top of the standings. Going with the home team here. Lions by 9.

Hamilton @ Edmonton: This has to be the game of the week. Hamilton is the hottest team in the league right now, and their defence is scoring a touchdown per game. They have also scored 4 special teams touchdowns, and as a team, Hamilton leads the league in scoring with a sick 34.7 points per game. And unlike last year, they've proven that they can win on the road. Edmonton's defence may be close, but their offence and special teams are no match for Hamilton's. Cats by 11.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: I guess Calgary made some kind of statement beating up on an expansion team, but they have yet to win on the road, and Mosaic is a tough place to play. Still, these are the Riders. They may keep it close, but they don't have much of a chance. Stamps by 15.

Ottawa @ Toronto : Toronto continues to nip at the Ticats' heels in spite of the fact that they haven't had a convincing win since June when they knocked Reilly out of the game. Mediocre and terrible teams are taking them to the wire, but Toronto is squeaking out victories against them. After seeing Ottawa's performance on Saturday, I find it hard to believe they will break that barrier. Argos by 1.

Whoo hoo! Another 3-1 week puts above .500 and....drops me 2 spots to 37th...yeah, it was that kind of week...

B.C. - The Lions are pretty much dead last in most team categories, but I'm still picking them to beat a Montreal team that has yet to win on the road.

Hamilton - One of the most interesting stats the Cats have is they have 11 non-offensive TDs. The rest of the league? 10. They are quickly becoming the most dominate teams in the league. Eskimos has great defensive stats, and that's about it. This might be close because it's in Edmonton, but I'm expecting another big win for the Cats...

Calgary - The Stampeders have yet to win on the road this year. But then again they're playing the Riders...

Toronto - As last week showed, Ottawa is still a young developing team. It will be a closer game, but I can't see any scenarios in which the Argos lose this one...

13-3 recently really does move you up in the standings.

B.C.
Hamilton
Calgary
Ottawa

Go Redblacks

Thanks BD! :smiley:

My picks for week 9:

BC
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Toronto

My picks are:

Montreal
Hamilton
Calgary
Toronto

Thank you

Richard

Montreal
Hamilton
Calgary
Toronto

BC Lions vs Montreal - LIONS
Edmonton vs Hamilton - ESKIES
Riders vs Stampeders - CALGARY
Toronto vs Ottawa - ARGOS

B.C.
Hamilton
Calgary
Toronto

Montreal
Hamilton
Calgary
Toronto

:thup:

BC
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Toronto

BC
HAM
SSK
TOR

THX

Montreal @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Ottawa @ Toronto

BC
Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto

Montreal @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Ottawa @ Toronto

B.C.
Hamilton
Sask
Toronto

A 4-0 week jumps me back into contention again sitting at the #9 position,only problem is that it looks like pretty well everybody went 4-0 last week :wink: Anyways onto Week 9 picks:

Montreal @ B.C.........BC rebounds from the Massacre at THF and squeaks out a victory over the Alouettes who haven't won a game in BC for what seems like forever.......Lions win by 4

HAMILTON @Edmonton.......Game of the Week and possible Grey Cup preview. Both teams have stellar Defenses but the Cats have huge advantage at QB and are currently the hottest team in the league,no blowout this week for the Cats,but their Win streak stretches to 5 in a row......Cats win by 7

CALGARY@ Saskatchewan......The Riders try their best but their best is once again not good enough. Saskatchewan keeps it close for a while but in the end it's another loss on a lost season on the prairies......Stampeders win by 10

OTTAWA@ Toronto.....No rhyme or reason for this pick,just a hunch that "Good Hank" shows up and the RB's pull of the upset after getting demolished in Calgary last week.......REDBLACKS win by 3

So there you have it,Bobo's picks of the week......BC/HAMILTON/CALGARY/OTTAWA

Thanks again B-DAVE :thup: Good Luck to all this week. :slight_smile:

Still waiting for that elusive 4-0 week, but the way this season is going, I'll take 3-1. At least I'm staying withing striking distance of the lead.

Here are my picks for week 9:

Montreal @ B.C. - The Als have lost a bunch of close games, and are better than their record. The Lions have won a few games, but against weak opponents, and are not as good as their record. Only thing going for the Lions in this game is the late start, which might allow them to get some late scoring. Too little, too late, I think.

Hamilton @ Edmonton - This could end up being the game of the year, aside from the two other times these teams meet this year. The Ticats are hot, hot, hot right now, with every aspect of the game going. The Eskimos are also playing well, especially on defence. They could be the only team that's capable of beating the Ticats right now, but depending on just their defence isn't going to cut it.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan - The Stamps aren't the powerhouse of old, but they don't want to be the first team the Riders beat this year. Too much bragging rights to allow that.

Ottawa @ Toronto - Which team will show up for the Redblacks? Lights out, or lights off? The Argos are playing well enough to win this one, even if good Hank plays.

======================================

As I'm going to be on the road for a few weeks and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make my picks during that time, here are my picks for next weeks as well.

Week 10:

Montreal @ Hamilton - Uh-uh-uh! Not this time.
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

Week 11:

B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Finally!
Toronto @ Hamilton - No way the Argos are the ones to break the Timmies Field streak.
Edmonton @ Calgary

Week 12:

Hamilton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Edmonton
Ottawa @ B.C.

B.C.
Hamilton
Calgary
Toronto

:rockin:

B.C., Hamilton, Calgary, Toronto.