Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

Hard to believe that 15 people went 5-0 last week! At the beginning of the season I thought no one would manage that. I guess the whole East-West thing made this easier than it should have been. The standings after Week 8 are posted here.

To join in, just start making picks.
To make picks, post a reply to this thread, stating which teams you think will win this week's games.
To be counted for a game, your pick must be in prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
If you want to change your pick, post a reply to the thread, stating that you want to make a change. Do not edit your original post. Changes, like picks, must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
In the event of a dispute, my word is final.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 9. Hamilton has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ B.C.

Good luck!

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
B.C.

I figured out that if I had picked the west in all inter-divisional games, and gotten all the divisional games WRONG, I'd still be exactly where I am right now. I thought by now that trend would be reversing itself, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of that. Maybe it's time to rethink my strategy.

Montreal @ Winnipeg: West beats east.
Toronto @ Edmonton: West beats east.
Calgary @ Ottawa: West beats east.
Saskatchewan @ B.C.: Home team, and Lions have a win against the Riders already.

Mind you, these picks would be the same under my "old" strategy as well.

WINN.
Edm.
Cal.
BC.

Thanks Dave

Well, at least I was over .500 for the week. Unfortunately, I'm still the equivalent of an eastern division team in the standings - one of the few still sitting below .500. Sigh.

Here are my picks for week 9 - like it matters at this point:

Montreal @ Winnipeg - The Als still haven't found a QB yet. brink is OK, but he's not great. The Bombers, on the other hand, won the lottery of backup QBs over the winter, and have a good one in Willy.

Toronto @ Edmonton - Neither team performed well last week, although the Argos may have outperformed the Eskimos. But I'm going with the home team advantage here.

Calgary @ Ottawa - The Redblacks have a lot of the pieces ready, but they aren't put together yet. The Stamps are probably the top team in the league this year, so I don't see the Redblacks doing much against them this week.

Saskatchewan @ B.C. - Coin toss time. Both the Riders and the Lions are doing OK this year, but neither team is great. The Lions are tough to beat at home, so giving the nod to them.

What was I thinking last week!!??? Picking Hamilton to beat Calgary!!!??!?!?!?! Could have been a perfect week....

Anyway, onward.....

Montreal @ Winnipeg - easy pic!
Toronto @ Edmonton - East will not win on the road!
Calgary @ Ottawa - Im not picking against Calgary until they lose again....
Saskatchewan @ B.C. - straight-up homer pick here....

Thanks Dave!

Sinking like a rock in the standings after a glorious 1 - 4 last week........

Montreal @ Winnipeg - Montreal
Toronto @ Edmonton - TO
Calgary @ Ottawa - Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ B.C. - Sask.

Have to pick long shots for a chance to make it higher in the standings.......

My picks for week 9 are:

Montreal over Winnipeg.
Toronto over Edmonton.
Calgary over Ottawa.
BC over Saskatchewan.

Thank you and have a nice week.

Richard

Montreal @ Winnipeg … Bombers bounce back here and win easily.

Toronto @ Edmonton … Really would like to see Edmonton win but I think Toronto pulls it together & wins the upset on the road.

Calgary @ Ottawa … Even a banged up Stamps team is good enough to beat Ottawa on the road.

Saskatchewan @ B.C. … Game of the week and a tough one. I’ll take the home squad. BC in a defensive close one.

Bombers
Eskimos
Stamps
Riders

1. 8) Winnipeg 8) 2) :twisted: Edmonton :twisted: 3) :cowboy: Calgary :cowboy: 4) :thup: B.C. :thup:

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

For Week 9,

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
BC

Thanks BigDave!

Montreal vs Blue Bombers - WINNIPEG
Toronto vs Eskimos - EDMONTON
Calgary vs Ottawa - CALGARY
Riders vs Lions - SASKATCHEWAN

Y'know, I'm already doing poorly, so let's see if I can predict an upset or two. :stuck_out_tongue:

Montreal @ Winnipeg
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Ottawa
Saskatchewan @ B.C.

Winnipeg, Toronto, Calgary, B.C.
-thanks Big Dave

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
BC

Winnipeg
Edmonton