Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

The Week 8 standings are posted here. On the whole we did extremely well last week.

Here are the rules, in a nutshell:
Each week I will start a thread, like this one, listing the games being played that week.
To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, but the later you join the harder it will be to catch up.
To make your picks, reply to the thread, stating which teams you think will win. You can elaborate or pontificate all you want, but the predicted winners must be obvious at a glance.
In order to be accepted, your post must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff. No exceptions for any reason.
If you want to change your pick prior to game time, post another reply. DO NOT change your original post.
At the end of the week, the standings will be posted. Rankings are based on the number of correct picks, followed by the aggregate spread (point spread of games picked correctly minus point spread of games picked incorrectly), followed by the percentage of correct picks.
At the end of the season, the top 8 participants will qualify to make picks for the post-season.

These are the games for Week 9:
B.C. @ Montreal
Calgary @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Good luck!

A 3-1 week, and I drop a spot. Geez!

B.C. @ Montreal: I'm tempted to pick the Als, just on a hunch, but they haven't really given me any reason to. Lions by 5.
Calgary @ Toronto: This is probably more wishful thinking than anything else, but... Stamps by 4.
Winnipeg @ Hamilton: One more win to put Hamilton back to .500. They should get it easily. Cats by 20.
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Edmonton actually looked decent last week, but decent won't be enough against Saskatchewan. Riders by 15.

.....Winners are:

.......B.C. over Mont.
........T.O. over Cal.
.........Wpg. over Ham.
..........Sask. over Edm.

B.C.
Toronto
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Woo-hoo! Finally, a 4-0 week. Now if I could just get that Aggregate Spread thing fixed - must have messed up on a really lop-sided game somewhere along the line.

Here's my Week 9 picks:

B.C. @ Montreal - The Als continues to slide - had it not been for the buttered popcorn Durant and Sanders shared in the locker room, they wouldn't have been in the game. And the Lions continue to show they're in the top tier with their win against the Stamps.

Calgary @ Toronto - This is a hard one to pick, but I think the Stamps are the better team. The Argos allowed the Eskimos to stay in the game this week. Really, what team worth its salt could do that? Oh, wait.... (Also, no way I could go with the Argos again - I'd have to turn in my fan card for sure.)

Winnipeg @ Hamilton - The Als may be sliding, but the Bombers are in a power dive. Maybe MB can turn things around for them and get the offence clicking, but I don't think it'll be enough to overcome a much improved (and healthier) Ticat defence. And the Ticats' offence seems to have found its stride, at least against the weaker teams - which includes the Bombers.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - If the Riders can avoid the dropsies this week, they should be able to walk all over the Eskimos. And who was the idiot in the Eskimo head office that allowed the league to schedule a Saturday afternoon game against the Riders? The 13th man will be out in force this weekend, possibly out-numbering, and definitely out-yelling, the hometown fans. (Of course, it's good for the gate, so maybe not a bad management decision. Unless, of course, the goal is to win games....)

B.C.
Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Week 9 Predictions;

B.C vs Montreal; BC - After their game against Calgary this week, I am concerned that BC might "take a game off", however, if they show up for at least half the game, they should get-r-dun. This is BC's Game to lose.

Calgary vs Toronto; Calgary After THEIR game against BC, Calgary has something to prove. Unfortunately this past Saturday, I don't think the Calgary Receiving corps could have even caught an STD. :roll: This should be a close game, but I beleive just like last week, it's Calgary's to lose.

Winnipeg vs Hamilton; Hamilton I think this is going to be a closer battle than it should be, both teams will improve, but in the end Winnipeg has too much work to do to recover for this week. This is Hamilton's game to lose.

Saskatchewan vs Edmonton; Edmonton Saskatachewan SHOULD win this game, but they have been trying to find ways to lose lately. I've said from the begining that they did not address their biggest issue in the off season and the problem still remains (DD). Edmonton is improving weekly, hanging in with the better teams into the final quarter and Reily is begining to prove to be a starter in this league. I think Edmonton squeaks out a win due to Sask overconfidence. Riders SHOULD win this one, but I don't think they will.

:cowboy:

Lions
Argos
Ti-Cats
Riders

B.C.
Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

1. :thup: B.C. :thup: 2) :twisted: Toronto :twisted: 3) 8) Hamilton 8) 4) :D Saskatchewan :D

B.C.
Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Try being me. I go 3-1 and I drop FIVE spots. In fact I’ve only had one week this year in which I wasn’t 3-1 or better and I sit in 27th…

Anyway here are this week picks…

B.C. - Montreal has been steadily improving, but without A.C. they are in a world of hurt.

Calgary - The toughest pick of the week. Toronto can certainly win this, but I’m going to go with the team that is looking for a bounce back week.

Hamilton - Gimme pick of the week.

Saskatchewan - Sure the Riders barely beat the Als, and Edmonton made it very close against the Argos, but come on…

B.C. @ Montreal
Calgary @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

My picks for week 9 are:

BC over Montreal
Toronto over Calgary
Hamilton over Winnipeg
Saskatchewan over Edmonton

Thank you

Richard

B.C.
Toronto
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

B.C. vs Montreal - LIONS
Calgary vs Argos - TORONTO
Winnipeg vs Ti-Cats - HAMILTON
Roughriders vs Esks - SASKATCHEWAN

Thanks Big Dave

British Columbia
Toronto
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Thanks BigDave!

I can't believe I picked Calgary last week, and then didn't change it when I changed my pick in the Hamilton game. I watched the last game of the week thinking if Toronto held on I'd have a perfect week. Mad at myself now because I was sure I had BC or I probably would've came back to change my picks again. Oh well, what's done is done :stuck_out_tongue:

BC
Toronto
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

B.C.
Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Thanks BD

My picks for week 9:

BC
Toronto