Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

Okay, I have now posted the Week 8 standings; they are posted here.

Now on to Week 9.

For those new to the forum, here's a rundown of the rules:
To join in, just start making picks.
Reply to this thread with your picks for the games. You're encouraged to elaborate, but only the predicted winners are taken into account, and your picks must be clear at a glance without having to read a big long post. There are no conditional picks allowed.
Picks must be in by the scheduled kickoff time, or they will not be counted.
To change your picks, post a new message to the thread. Do not edit your original post.
The complete rules are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 9:
Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

Good luck!

My picks for Week 9:

Hamilton @ Montreal: Not the team I want to win, obviously. I really hope I'm wrong. But Hamilton's defence has been weak and the offence isn't carrying them anymore. If Hamilton wins, it'll be a high-scoring game. I hope I'm wrong, but Als by 4.

B.C. @ Winnipeg: B.C. will not cough up the ball six times, and even if they did I doubt the Bombers could win this one. Lions by 15.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: The Stamps know what Hamilton knows: Glenn plays really well half the time, and really badly half the time. Regina is a tough place to play. Riders by 9.

Edmonton @ Toronto: I hate making this pick. I really do. But let's face it: the Esks made a huge mistake when they traded Ricky Ray. The Argos aren't that good, but they're better than Edmonton right now. Again I hope I'm wrong, but Argos by 6.

Same as you dave,

Montreal
BC
Sask
TO

My picks for week 9 are:

Montreal over Hamilton
BC over Winnipeg
Saskatchewan over Calgary
Toronto over Edmonton

Thank you.

Richard

Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

Week # 9;

Hamilton at Montreal - MONTREAL
B.C. Lions at Winnipeg - LIONS
Calgary at Roughriders - SASKATCHEWAN
Edmonton at Toronto - EDMONTON

Montreal
BC
Sask
TO

Montreal
B.C.
Calgary
Toronto

Okay it can't get any worse than last week...unless I go 0-4 again.

Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Hamilton at Montreal - MONTREAL
B.C. Lions at Winnipeg - LIONS
Calgary at Roughriders - SASKATCHEWAN
Edmonton at Toronto - TORONTO

Auggh…another 1-3 week. I’m now 2-12 for the last three weeks, so of course that mean…

…opposite week! This week I pick the winners, and then choose the opposite…

Hamilton - Montreal is on a roll, regaining top spot and is at home. Hamilton is in a major funk, and on the road. It should be the Als in a walk so naturally the Cats…

Winnipeg - B.C. looks like the pick up where they left off last year, while Winnipeg has struggled. Should be an easy win for the Lions, so naturally the Bombers…

Saskatchewan - Both teams have struggled of late, however Calgary still puts up points, while it’s a struggle for the Riders to score points and keep leads, it should be Calgary in a close one, so nauturally the Riders…

Edmonton - Toronto has really come on, keeping pace with Montreal in the East, while Edmonton is starting to crumble. It should be the Argos winning at home, so naturally the Eskimos…

Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Ok, let's see if I can reverse last week's 0 for 4. Probably not....

My picks for week 9:

Hamilton over Montreal - Burris is probably mad at himself (he'd better be!) and will want to redeem himself (he'd better want to !). It'll probably be a shoot-out, with the winner being the last team holding the ball.

BC over Winnipeg - Winnipeg only won this week by one TD, after being given the ball repeatedly. Ok, taking the ball away repeatedly. While they seem to be pretty good at stripping the ball (didn't they do it a bunch last year too?), I don't think they're going to be doing it that often this week.

Saskatchewan over Calgary - I still think Saskatchewan is better than their record. Most of their losses have been close.

Toronto over Edmonton - Flipped a coin on this one. And then ignored it and picked the home team.

MONTREAL Over Hamilton. Montreal is always tough at home, and Hamiltons defense is pretty suspect MONTREAL by 8

BC Over Winnipeg. BC's secondary should be in top gear against whoever Winnipeg puts in at QB. BC By 8

SASKATCHEWAN Over Calgary. Riders are well over due for a win. The inconsistant Kevin Glenn might just be the right tonic for the Riders. SASKATCHEWAN By 9

TORONTO Over Edmonton. Still can't figure out how Edmonton keeps on winning. Ricky Ray should out perform Steven Jyle. TORONTO by 8

Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

My picks for week 9:

Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan
Toronto

The Edmonton/Toronto game is the toughest to pick, so I thought of abstaining(only kidding)... then the Sask/Calgary game... that I believe is a toss up... Montreal/Hamilton could be a close one if Burris has a good game... the no brainer is the BC/Winnipeg game... the Lions won't gift wrap the game to the Bombers like the Cats did...

Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan
Toronto

I’m probably the only non-Winnipeg fan to choose Winnipeg over B.C., but y’know what, Joey Elliot was really something, and they’re playing at home. Who knows? It could happen. :slight_smile:

Hamilton @ Montreal
B.C. @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto

Montreal
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Toronto

Montreal
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Edmonton