Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 9

Here are the matchups for Week 9:

Calgary @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton
To make your picks, just reply to this thread with your predictions for the winners.

To change your picks after you’ve made them, please post a new reply. Editing a previous post may not get your changes noticed; and if you edit your post after the week's games have begun, you may even be disqualified for games already played.

To join in, just start making picks.

Good luck!

Montreal has got Calgary in this one. The Als played very well I thought against a tough Toronto team. So im gonna hafta say Montreal in a close one.
Montreal by 6

Ottawa's defense and improved offense will lead them past Winnipeg this week. Ottawa will come out firing on all cylinders and keep soul spot of first place in the East. Ottawa by 10

Unfotantly BC will beat Hamilton this week. I hate to say it but were not improving we havent won a game and we just seem to keep getting worse. BC havent lost a game and just seem to get better. They'll kill us in the long ball game. BC by 21

Edmonton and Toronto. Now this is a tough one. Both teams have some great players and great teams. Im gonna hafta go with Edmonton in the end because they are playing at home. So Edmonton in a Nail Bitter.

Calgary @ Montreal: Calgary played a close game against the best team in the league last week. Now it’s time for a bad week. I’ll be cheering for the Stamps, but it’ll be hard to come out of Montreal with a win. Als by 11.

Ottawa @ Winnipeg: The best team in the East versus the worst team in the West. Both teams are in danger of being over-confident after winning last week. But Ottawa, unlike Winnipeg, has a reason to be confident. Ottawa is a good team, and will show it here with a 15-point win.

Hamilton @ B.C.: Ha, ha, ha, ha. I have to laugh to keep from crying. I'll say what I said the last time these two teams played (and I was proven RIGHT, don't forget!) If McManus plays, and is healthy, it may be close. And I'll add this: If the defence plays--which they didn't in Winnipeg--the Cats may even have a shot of knocking off the top team in the league. Everyone knows deep down that B.C.'s first loss is going to be against a crappy team...but Hamilton right now aspires to become a crappy team. "Crappy" eludes them. Bottom line: I'm not picking the Cats again until they start winning. Lions by six...touchdowns!

Toronto @ Edmonton:This will likely be the best game of the week, since it is the only one between two teams with winning records. Both teams are in second place, right where they finished last year. I guess Allen will be starting, since they proved last week that even an injured Allen is better than a healthy Bishop. Tough call, the Eskimos are unbeaten at home, and I'm guessing they'll remain that way.

Summary: Montreal over Calgary, Ottawa over Winnipeg, B.C. over Hamilton, Edmonton over Toronto.

my pick this week

Montréal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Edmonton

thank you BigDave

Calgary
BC
Winnipeg
Edmonton

....BigD, you switched to internet-by-the-minute? we miss your insight and knowledge in the forum.......

Calgary @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton

Montreal - Come on East. The Bombers can't afford to have Calgary get higher in the Standings.

Winnipeg - We played very well agaisnt Hamilton... even if it was agaisnt Hamilton. That game yesterday was huge confidence builder for our team. Everyone looked good today. Brazzell, Colon, STOKES and GLENN, Roberts, Stoddard etc all played very good football. Plus this game will be back on our home turf. And the Bombers now know this game means buisness and it is very important if we want to make the play-offs. The Bombers know this is a very important game and they won't let the Blue Bomber fans down. Close game with out a doubt.

B.C. - I just don't know about Hamilton, so I'm going to take B.C. Khari looked very good and he should start. Still hate Peterson for getting his first TD as a Ti-cat and not the Bombers this year. Oh well, he still dropped some passes yesterday anyways. :lol:

Toronto - This time Allen will be starting and Toronto still looks good. They almost beat Montreal but I have a feeling Toronto will take this one.

Picks in Bold and Thanks Dave. Cheers!

Montreal
Ottawa
BC
Edmonton

montreal
ottawa
bc
edmonton

montreal = Beat down the Crapgary!!!====NO MERCY!!! :evil:
ottawa = moral is getting higher and higher === should win no problem 8)
bc = um.... :smiley:
edmonton = because... :twisted:

thx...

Montreal
Ottawa
BC
Edmonton

West dominates in all but one game.

Calgary - less turnovers
Ottawa - on a roll til qb gets hurt
BC - lots of ex stamps who know how to win
Edmonton - home field advantage

MONTREAL

WINNIPEG

B.C.

EDMONTON

Calgary @ Montréal - Calgary may keep this one close but losing to BC last week kind of deflated them because they came in with such high hopes. Montreal however is coming of a win over Toronto which has really boosted their spirtits and eventhough they're record isn't as it was last year they're still a good team. Allouettes by 7

Ottawa @ Winnipeg - Ottawa is really on a high now as they have sole possesion of 1st in the East. The Bombers showed some promise against the Tabies last week. Eventhough it was Hamilton they looked good. The Bombers need this game to go into the 10th week with some confidence but the Gades don't seem like they'd want to share 1st place. I'd gladly go 0-4 this week to see the Bombers win again. Renegades by 6

Hamilton @ BC - 0-7 @ 6-0. enough said. Lions by 21

Toronto @ Edmonton Boy this is a close one. I'm going to go with my gut here cause it's telling me that Edmonton will win (and that I should eat something). Eskimos by 2
*picks in bold
Sorry for the reasoning on my picks but I just didn't want to spend lost of time typing stuff.

Montreal
Ottawa
BC
Edmonton

…and I love the analysis some of you guys give for your choices…who do you think you are, Marty York?

Calgary @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton

Calgary
Ottawa
BC
Toronto

MTL
OTT
EDM
BC

Als by 6.
Bombers by 7.
Lions by 10.
Argos by 2.

OK, I've been on a terrible run lately, something like 3 - 9. Time to turn it around as I will not be obligated to pick the Riders this week. (Thank god)

Calgary @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton

Thanks Big Dave.

Dys...

Montreal
Ottawa
BC
Edmonton