Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 8

The Week 7 standings are posted here.

To join in, start making picks. New participants may join up until the Labour Day games.
Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 8. Ottawa has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ B.C.

Good luck!

Ooh, I’m dropping fast. Gotta stop the slide.

Montreal @ Edmonton: Edmonton’s losing streak has to end; they must be too good to lose 4 in a row. Esks by 9.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Winnipeg just put together back-to-back wins for the first time in years. They aren’t likely to make it 3. Argos by 8.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: Didn’t we just do this? Same result. Stamps by 15.

Hamilton @ B.C.: Zack’s back! No more rookie mistakes by our QB. Cats by 5.

Edmonton
Toronto
Calgary
BC

Hey, what the hell???

Why did the loss not count?

That Winnipeg Hamilton game didn't start until late so officially I got my choice in on time! That scheduled time should only be valid if they actually start ON TIME

Don't start being like that now! If the game is delayed and it never officially started it should count!

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Montreal @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ B.C.

Week of the home team for once. Going out on a limb on that Sask/Calgary game.

Montreal @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ B.C.

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary
B.C.

The rule is and always has been clear my friend. Big Dave has always made a deliberate effort to state SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in caps, and often has explained that if the game starts later than scheduled, too bad. Been that way for YEARS.

hrmm ... Edmonton
I'm thinkin' ... Toronto
duh ... Calgary
don't like this one, flip a coin ... Hamilton

Well, a 2-2 week caused me to drop 6 spots to 13, so the universe seemed to right itself. Now to back to climbing the charts again....

Edmonton - As much as I'm souring on the Eskimos, I honestly don't think they will have much challenge with the Montreal.

Winnipeg - Yes, I know the Argos beat Ottawa two weeks ago but honestly that was more due to poor play by Burris than any spectacular play from Gale. I still don't think the Argos have much chance while Ray is injured.

Calgary - Yeah, this one is pretty much obvious.

B.C. - He. Is. Back. Not that it will make any difference; rust + west coast is not a pretty combination. Next week sure....

Montreal @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ B.C.

Section II, Rule 5 - Picks must be made for any game PRIOR TO the scheduled kickoff time. Any picks whose time stamp is past the scheduled kickoff time will not be accepted for that game under any circumstances.

...jumped from 28th to 12th, let's see if I can keep it going...

Montreal @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ B.C.

Montreal @ Edmonton
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Hamilton @ B.C

EDM
TOR
CGY
BC