Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 8

The standings after Week 7 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 8. Saskatchewan has the bye this week.
Edmonton @ Montreal
Toronto @ Winnipeg
B.C. @ Hamilton
Ottawa @ Calgary

Good luck!

Edmonton @ Montreal: In spite of their record, Edmonton has a losing record on the road, while both of Montreal's victories have been at home. But they are allowing less than 15 points a game. That, and the fact that I don't want to hope Montreal wins, are the reason I'm going with the visitors. Esks by 9.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: Winnipeg is allowing 30 points a game, and now it looks like Drew Willy will miss this game (and perhaps more), and Cotton got banged up against Hamilton as well. Toronto is squeaking out victories against the league's bottom-dwellers, and you can now consider the Bombers to be among those. Argos by 6.

B.C. @ Hamilton: I'm sorry, but this is a no-brainer. Hamilton is far and away the hottest team in the league right now, and are now 9-0 at Tim Horton's Field. They lead the league in scoring with nearly 32 points per game, and are second only to Edmonton with a mere 19 points per game allowed. B.C. has a losing record on the road, and are being outscored by their opponents 26.5-24 this season. Cats by 15.

Ottawa @ Calgary: Calgary will want revenge for their previous loss to Ottawa, and at home where they are 4-0, they are probably going to get it. Stamps by 5.

Three straight 3-1 weeks and you get in 13th place, I'm happy about that.

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary: Sorry Redblacks, this is a really easy pick. Good luck.

Thanks BD! :smiley:

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

Finally back to .500 after a 3-1 week moved me up 6 spots to 35th! This week will be it will all East vs. West!

Montreal - Montreal is always tough at home while Edmonton lost a winnable game last week in B.C. It will be close but Molson Stadium still has some magic and the fact that the Eskimos will still be without Reilly....

Toronto - Even with a healthy Willy, I would have still picked the Argos, they simply have the better QB and more complete team.

Hamilton - Yeah, this one is pretty obvious...

Calgary - This might be a close one, but Calgary is unbeatable at home, and the RubyGlooms are not so good on the road...

My picks :

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Ottawa

Thanks Big Dave

My picks are:

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Richard

EDM
TOR
HAM
CAL

THX

My picks for week 8:

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

3 - 1 stops the free fall, but I need to start climbing ...

My picks for this week;

Edmonton vs Montreal; Edmonton - I really want to pick Montreal, but there is film on Cato now and if Calgary can stop them with only half a defense, I feel fairly comfortable that Edmonton can. Edmonton by 10.

Toronto vs Winnipeg; Toronto - As Drew Willy goes, so goes Winnipeg. With Willy gone ... Toronto wins this one by 10.

B.C. vs Hamilton; B.C. - Hamilton has been my kryptonite this year. They are winning, but just like Calgary they are winning ugly. BC is better than they have shown. This will be a squeaker, but BC by 3.

Ottawa vs Calgary; Calgary - Like we have done all year, we will patch together an Offense and Defense. We will let the other team get out to a good head start and then "run them down" to somehow squeak out a win. Home field is an advantage for Calgary and they want to make up for the loss in Ottawa. Calgary by 7 (last minute of the game).

Good luck to all! Thanks Big Dave for running this for us.

:cowboy:

Edmonton @ Montreal - Ed
Toronto @ Winnipeg - Tor
B.C. @ Hamilton - Ham
Ottawa @ Calgary - Ot

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Montreal vs Edmonton - ESKIES
Winnipeg vs Toronto - ARGOS
Hamilton - Lions - HAMILTON
Calgary vs Ottawa - CALGARY

Alouettes
Argonauts
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders

Edmonton
Toronto
Hamilton
Calgary

Easy picks this week? No such thing after last week. This is the CFL here were talking about.....

Edmonton. Jones and myself don't want to be pissed off 2 weeks in a row.

Toronto. Winnipeg doesn't look good.

British Columbia. Upset of the week.

Calgary. Revenge on their mind.

Thanks BigDave!

These picks are for our leader Boss99

Alouettes
Argonauts
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders

Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton