Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 8

Note that there are five games this week. In order to be credited with a perfect week, you must get all five games correct.

The standings after Week 7 are posted here.

To join in, just start making picks.
To make picks, post a reply to this thread, stating which teams you think will win this week's games.
To be counted for a game, your pick must be in prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
If you want to change your pick, post a reply to the thread, stating that you want to make a change. Do not edit your original post. Changes, like picks, must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
In the event of a dispute, my word is final.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 8.
Winnipeg @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Toronto

Good luck!

Not a good week for me last week. I’d better be careful, or I’ll drop out of contention. I guess I’ll make my picks now, so I don’t forget.

Winnipeg @ Toronto: Argos are coming off the bye, and their first opponent is coming off a short week. But that won’t be enough to save them. Bombers by 8.

Edmonton @ Ottawa: Ottawa has been entertaining, but is still very much an expansion team. Esks by 9.

Calgary @ Hamilton: Hamilton keeps coming so close. One of these times, this is going to pay off big for me. Cats by 2.

Montreal @ Saskatchewan: What can I say about Montreal that hasn’t already been said. Riders by a ton.

B.C. @ Toronto: Will Lulay be back? At this point, who knows. Not sure it matters. Lions by 6.

Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC

My picks for week 8 are:

Toronto over Winnipeg.
Edmonton over Ottawa.
Hamilton over Calgary.
Saskatchewan over Montreal.
BC over Toronto.

Nice weekend and a nice week ahead.

Thank you

Richard

WINN.
Edm.
Ham.
Sask.
Tor.

Thanks Dave :wink:

Winnipeg @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Toronto

Toronto
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
... BC

Toronto
Edmonton
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Toronto

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan
British Columbia

Nice week to go 5-0

BigDave,
I think I should have been 3-1 last week. I had only Winnipeg wrong.

Thank much!

Fear not, LeBird; I just posted the standings now.

.....Winnipeg
......Esks.
.......Hamilton
........Riders
.........B.C.

Winnipeg @ Toronto -Winnipeg
Edmonton @ Ottawa - Edmonton
Calgary @ Hamilton - Calgary
Montreal @ Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Toronto - B.C.

Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary
Sask.
BC

Thanks!

Argonauts
Eskimos
Tiger-Cats
Roughriders
Lions

At least I broke even again this week. Sigh.

My picks for the odd five-game week 8:

Winnipeg @ Toronto - The Argos are missing a few key players, and without them, they don't really stand a chance against the Bombers.

Edmonton @ Ottawa - The Eskimos are one of the strongest team in the league, and the Redblacks are one of the weakest. Even at home, I don't see the Redblacks winning this one.

Calgary @ Hamilton - The Ticats have been close in most of their games, right down to the wire. So while the Stamps are one of the strongest in the league, the Ticats might just pull a win at "home" off this week. Probably coming down to the last drive - again.

Montreal @ Saskatchewan - The Als are definitely struggling this year. So are the Riders, but no nearly as much. And the Riders at home? They should have this one.

B.C. @ Toronto - No idea if the Argos will have their players back from injury yet, and Lulay will probably be back under centre for the Lions. This could be a close one, though.

Winnipeg @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Toronto

Thanks Dave.

Argos

Stamps

Esks

Riders

Lions

My picks for week 8:

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC

Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Saskatchewan, Toronto.

Thanks Big Dave :thup:

Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Saskatchewan, Toronto.

Thanks Big Dave :thup: