Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 8 & 9

The games for Weeks 8 and 9 are:
B.C. @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Hamilton @ Montreal

If you want, you can wait until the start of Week 9 to make your picks for the last two games.

The standings are posted at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm .

To make your picks, just post a reply to this thread with your predicted winners for these games. Picks must be made prior to a game's scheduled kickoff time in order to be accepted for that game. Remember to make your picks clear at a glance. You can view a more complete listing of the rules at

http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_rules.htm

Good luck!

Calgary
Saskatchewan

Hey BD, noticed a small error. My streak should be W1 because I got the Edmonton pick correct.

I'll post my picks later this week. I still want to think about them.

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

easiest week so far..its all the home teams

BC
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton

Stamps
Riders
Bombers
Als

BC Over Calgary. BC should be getting more injured players back this week. They’ve lost two in a row, and Wally should have them ready against a inconsistant Calgary Team that shows up when they feel like it. BC by 3

SASKATCHEWAN Over Edmonton. Riders all on a roll. Austin has them firing on all cylynders. Edmonton just squeezed by Hamilton. Riders by 8

WINNIPEG Over Toronto. No Brainer Winnipeg has been playing Great. Coach of the Year Candidate Berrry has Kevin Glenn making smart choices. Bombers in a laugher by 16

Hamilton Over Montreal. I have to pick an upset to gain ground in this pool. This might be the one. Hamilton has been close and is gaining experience. Hamilton by 2

Calgary , Sask., Winnipeg , Montreal to win.
HM

B.C
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

I guess all home teams here:

Calgary (possible change)
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
Montreal (possible change, as well)

B.C. @ Calgary: The Lions will continue to improve as they become healthier. The Stamps can't compete with them. Lions by 9.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: The Riders lose every time I pick them to win, and win every time I pick them to lose. If that curse fails, I pick up a game; if it continues, I gain revenge by dooming them. Riders by 6.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: The Bombers are way better than the Argos at this point. Bombers by 12.

Hamilton @ Montreal: I've pretty much fallen out of contention and need some miracles. If Hamilton starts winning, I'll ride them to glory; if not, I'll crash and burn with them. Cats by 4.

BC @ Calgary - If Calgary can't win this game they will finish below .500 and possibly out of the playoffs - you heard it here first - Stamps by a field goal

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan has their way with a Gass-less Green and Gold - Riders by 14

Toronto @ Winnipeg - Is Bishop back yet? I dunno, doesn't matter anyway - Bombers by 10

Hamilton @ Montreal - Sorry Big Dave, cats stay winless on the road against the Als D- Montreal by a TD

Love your logic on the Saskatchewan game, Big Dave. I hope this is the week that your curse fails, cuz I'm picking Sask too.

BC - This is the hardest game to pick. If BC was at home, I'd give it to them for sure. Unfortunately they're not, and therein lies the rub. I think I'll still take the Lions, but if Calgary is surly and Pierce doesn't play a bit better, this could easily go the other way.

Sask - Edmonton always makes me nervous, but the Riders are looking too good right now to pick against them, especially at home. I feel better about these "should-win" games with Austin at the helm than I have for years.

Winnipeg - Butler has done well in Toronto, and their D is always good, but they're playing in a hostile environment. Bombers will win, but I don't think it will be an easy one.

Montreal - I really want to see Hamilton win, but Montreal's been looking better and again I think homefield advantage turns the game in their favour.

B.C.
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

B.C.
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

BC
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Montreal

picking BC cuz i don't think they'll lose 3 in a row but here's hoping

Calgary
Sask
Winnipeg
Hamilton

B.C. @ Calgary - Stamps to win.
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - Esks to win.
Toronto @ Winnipeg - Bombers to win.
Hamilton @ Montreal - Als to win.

Thanks BigDave!!!

I hate this week… The B.C./Calgary game can go either way. Too hard to call… :?

B.C. @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan