Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 7

Here are the matchups for week 7:
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

My picks for the winners:
Hamilton: The Cats have finally hit their stride, nearly defeating the Als in Montreal. The Bombers can't be taken lightly, but they'll have their hands full at Ivor Wynne.

Montreal: The Alouettes will lose eventually, of course. But until they do, it's hard to pick against them.

B.C.: The Lions are far superior to even a healthy Argonaut team. Now Ricky Williams, a non-factor when healthy, is hurt, and the Argos are calling aging alumni to come play quarterback. Hey, maybe they can get Joe Thiesman!

Calgary: If the Riders can't beat the Argos, who were on their third-string QB, how can I pick them against the Stamps? Calgary's losing skid ends here.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

Winnipeg vs Hamilton = Winnipeg
Montréal vs Edmonton = Montreal
BC vs Toronto = BC
Calgary vs Saskatchewan = Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Edmonton
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Montreal
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Hello all from Turkey. hope all ?s well. see you ?n 2 weeks

Hamilton by 6 over Winnipeg. Hamilton are getting their act together. Bombers are good but they will not go 16-2 on the year.
Montreal by 13 over Edmonton. Edmonton don't have their act together.
B.C. by 14 over Toronto. Toronto is just too banged up to go toe to toe with the Lions.
Calgary by 3 over Saskatchewan. Calgary have an underrated defense.The defense will win this one for them and Burris has something to prove with all the negative press he's getting.

....I am waiting for the damn dog to pick his first...cripes do I suque this year.....

Hamilton
Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan

Hamilton: ham. at home, and almost defeated a strong montreal team last week. Beginning to gel together. Winnipeg has a good team this year, but this may be the start of Hamilton beginning to overtake them in the east, only after all of the new players begin to play well together, which they are starting to do. Hamilton by 5.

Edmonton: edmonton almost always plays against montreal very well. After the last play loss by the esks last week, Esks fans and media will be calling for maciocca's head even more so if they get blown out in this one. Lots of pressure on Ray all game long, but still manages to get things done with Tucker, Hervey and hopefully Mitchell. Up and down, up and down, the esks season goes, following the pattern of L-W-L-W-L from week to week, there's no way I can go wrong :wink: . Edmonton by 3.

BC:
Lots of injuries for Toronto. VERY big question mark at qb. Will Flutie actually return? Probably not. BC by 9.

Calgary: Burris and receivers have another game with some miscues. McManus didn't get the job done, and won't this week. Joseph and Armstead to connect for some more big plays. Saskatchewan by 7.

Ouch 1-3 last week I need a big one this week.

Im going with

Winnipeg
Montreal
BC
Calgary

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Toronto
Calgary @ Saskatchewan

All away teams will win, I'm hoping.

Winnipeg
Montreal
BC
Calgary

BigDave:

I wish to complain about an error your compilation of the standings in the VGCC. You have me listed as having one perfect week when in fact I have been perfect twice. I was 0 – 3 in week 5. Please correct.

winnipeg
bc
montreal
calgary

Winnipeg
Edmonton
B.C.
Calgary

Hows the weather in Turkey?......"Stuffing?"

My bad :oops:

OK here goes...all winners (I hope)

Winnipeg: Beat edmonton on road, shouldn't have trouble with Hamilton

Montreal: I learned my lesson and will not pick against my team anymore in the V.G.C.C.

B.C.: Toronto is just too banged up!

Saskatchewan: They are good enough to beat the best teams in the league and I don't think they'll lose two in a row at home.

Having said that...can your hear that ball of string unraveling?

Mucho Thanks BigDave (sorry about the Hamilton pick :oops: )

Winnipeg over Hamilton
Montreal over Edmonton
BC over TO (even with Allen)
Saskatchewan over Calgary