Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 7

Despite a difficult week last week, most people did pretty well.

The standings are posted here. If the old standings show up, click your browser's REFRESH button, and you should see the current ones.

Here are the games for Week 7:
Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Most people, but not me.

Let's try this again:

Edmonton @ Montreal: Montreal doesn't lose very often at home. Als by 6.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan: The Riders just aren't very good right now. Stamps by 12.
Toronto @ Hamilton: The Argos su...well, you know the rest. Cats by 10.
Winnipeg @ B.C.: The Lions finally got their first win, but won't be able to match that feat against Winnipeg. Bombers by 9.

My picks for week 7:

Edmonton @ Montreal- Edmonton didn't show well against the other top team... could be a close one though.. Als by 3

Calgary @ Saskatchewan- if not for a drop by Clermont- Riders could have won 2 weeks ago- Riders by 2

Toronto @ Hamilton- Hamilton should rebound from their loss... Cats by 14

Winnipeg @ BC- Winnipeg's stifling D should net them another win... Bombers by 6

Whoo-hoo, clawin' my way up to third place! :slight_smile: Now if I can just get me one of those 4-0 weeks. MPK, you have any of those to give away?? :smiley:

Edmonton @ Montreal: Will be a close game, but the Esks are on a short week, banged up, and missing several key guys on offense and defense. I'll take my Als at home.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: Calgary is building momentum, while the Riders are going backwards. This may be the game after which changes are made to the Rider coaching staff.

Toronto @ Hamilton: Hamilton will be angry and motivated, and they're at home. Argos still don't have a QB, or a receiving corps.

Winnipeg @ B.C.: Hard not to pick the Bombers this week.

Week 7;

Edmonton at Montreal - MONTREAL
Calgary at Roughriders - CALGARY
Toronto at Hamilton - TORONTO
Winnipeg at Lion's - WINNIPEG

Cheers Big Dave

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
BC

Thanks! :thup:

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
B.C.

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
Winnipeg

Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
Winnipeg

Well the EE's could haVe won had peirce been injured ,lol eh Chief!!

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
British Columbia

Well back from camping, watching two Rider loses on DVR. Okay Riders will now turn the season around because I'm home to watch their games!

Montreal
Riders
Hamilton
Winterpig.. Winnipeg

Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.

Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
Winnipeg

Vast Grey Cup Conspiracy Week 7 Picks:

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
Winnipeg

Speaking of that Vast Grey Cup Conspiracy, isn't the run by those picking 16 or more out of the 24 games correct (2/3), plus honourable mention of FYB, Oiler, and Papalooza, just damn impressive?

It seems to me like more guys are doing better this year than at the same point last year. :o

Alouettes
Roughriders
Tiger-Cats
Blue Bombers

Edmonton @ Montreal
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Winnipeg