Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 7

Here are the games for Week 7:

Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Edmonton @ B.C.
Ottawa @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ Calgary

To make your picks, reply to this thread with your predicted winners.
To join in, just start making picks.

Good luck!

My picks are

Montreal
Edmonton
Hamilton
Winnipeg

my pick this week

Montréal
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary

thank you BigDave

sask
bc
ottawa
winnipeg

Montreal
BC
Ottawa
Calgary

Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary

With a 3-2 week last week, I'm not burning up the VGCC, but I'm still in the running. I'm going to have to do better this week, though.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal: In Montreal, against an Alouette team that has dropped two in a row and is below .500 for the first time since 1996...all I can say is I'm glad I'm not the Roughriders, who themselves are on a 2-game losing streak. One of two things is true: either Montreal will win this game, or else they are in the process of completely imploding. I believe it's the former, though I'm hoping it's the latter. Montreal by 10 in a high-scoring game.

Edmonton @ B.C.: This one is tough to call. I've seen both teams play my Cats in the past two weeks, and both squeaked out narrow 6-point wins. But as I've said before, I don't think the Eskimos are as good as their record makes them seem. That, plus the loss of Ed Hervey (Cavil is nowhere near as good as he is) and the fact that the Lions are at home, convinces me that the Lions will win a close game.

Ottawa @ Hamilton: FINALLY! Another eastern team for the first time since week 1. And finally a team that I believe the Cats match up well against. And finally I get to pick my favourite team to win. All you who won't be at the game will miss a good one, and will miss the Cats' first of many, many, many wins! :smiley: Sounds like McManus will not play, and Khari will likely see his first action in the black and gold, though whether he starts or comes off the bench is still up in the air. But no matter who's at quarterback, Cats by 8.

Winnipeg @ Calgary: These two teams are pretty evenly matched. Two of the best running backs in the league...young mobile quarterbacks...too bad I'm not going to be able to see this one. Really tough to say who'll win, but I'm going with Calgary just because they're at home.

So: Montreal, B.C., Hamilton, and Calgary to win.

Tought week
I will go with
Montreal
B.C
Ottawa
Winnipeg

Saskatchewan - this will be the surprise of the week. I think that Montreal will go in expecting to win and will have a harder team to play than they expect. Wouldn't shock me if I'm wrong, but I'll go out on a limb.
BC - They're at home, and I just think they're better than Edmonton.
Hamilton - Ottawa has won more, but I think Hamilton actually looks stronger - plus they're at home.
Calgary - Depends on Burris. If he's hot, they'll win. If he throws some int's and fumbles, they'll lose. Still, think they're better than Winnipeg.

Als over Riders
Lions over Esks
Ticats over Gades
Stamps over Bombers

Montreal
BC
Ottawa
Calgary

:?

Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa
Winnipeg

Montreal's got Saskatchewan in this. There both on two game losing streaks. Montreal's just a stronger team plus there at home. There not gonna lose three in a row especially with the third one being at home. Montreal by 6.

I Think BC will take Edmonton in this one. BC I think is playing as best as anybody rite now and there not going to slip up to much. Its gonna be an offensive QB battle with lots of passes into the endzone for touchdowns. BC by 7

I Finally get to say this and actaully believe it mite happen. Hamilton will beat Ottawa in a close one. The ti cats havent won yet and there hungreier then ever. Plus theyve been getting better every game. And with Macmanus out and Brady and/or Jones playing I Think we stand more of a chance.
Ticats by 1

Winnipegs got Calgary in this one. They've been nothing but hot lately and i think that they'll beat Calgary this week. Roberts will see a lot of balls and destroy Calgarys defence. Bombers by 10.

So in a week full of what i think will be fairly close games. Ticats and Ottawa will be the closest. B.C and Edmonton will be the higest scoring. And the Bombers are gonna win by the most.

All in all
Montreal, BC, Hamilton, Winnipeg

Montréal def. Saskatchewan - Both teams are coming off some tough losses but the next time the Als lose three in a row will be when hell freezes over. Or next season, I havn't decided. The teams are quite equal but Montreal has a certain measure of pride to uphold. Montreal by 4

British Columbia def. Edmonton- With the aquisition of Cavil the Eskies would have had a real chance had they not been riddled with injuries. Edmonton will have a better chance of beating BC the next time they meet if they are able to stay healthy with a full starting roster. Look for it to stay close and then have BC take control. BC by 10

Ottawa def. Hamilton - If people are looking for Hamilton to win a game anytime soon, wait for their match with Winnipeg on Aug. 13 (Go Bombers!). I think we'll see Ottawa improve to 4-3 and have a tie with Toronto for first in the East. There are many variables here though because the score and even the outcome will depend on the starting QB. I still think they'll lose either way. Ottawa by 8

Calgary def. Winnipeg - This pick was a hard one to make. I find myself constantly going back and forth on the issue. So eventhough I've picked the Stamps I may change my pick in the middle of the week after seeing how both teams are preparing. The Stamps are coming off a big win from the Riders but it's been too long for that to take much affect and this is a must win for not only the Bombers but Jim Daly as well. I'm taking Calgary because unless the Bombers learn to tackle they won't win. And message to Daly. PLAY STODDARD!!! Calgary by 3

Last Week's record: 2-3

The Oily American yet again advances up the greased pole this past week squeaking out a 3-2 record. But!.....is the grease too much for a tough week seven? Tune in to find out!

Week seven picks. All winners! I hope :?

Saskatchewan
B.C.
Hamilton
Calgary

Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary

Going to be a real good week of ball.

Winners only;

Montreal
BC
Ottawa
Calgary

First two picks i went back and forth, TWICE. We'll see how it works
out.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal = Montreal
Edmonton @ B.C. = Edmonton in a shootout (hope I'm wrong)
Ottawa @ Hamilton = Ottawa
Winnipeg @ Calgary = Calgary

My picks easily are
Sask
Edm
Ottawa
Calgary
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

My picks are
Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa