Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 6

Here are the matchups for week 6:
Hamilton @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Calgary
Toronto @ Saskatchewan

The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

Montreal over Hamilton
Winnipeg Over Edmonton
Calgary over BC
Saskatchewan over Toronto

My picks are:
Montreal
Winnipeg
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

I know Im not supposed to edit but hte week hasnt started yet and I was under the impression allen was starting so I need to change my pick

Hamilton @ Montreal - As much as I HATE that team at the moment, they're at home, so I'll pick them sjhdfjf.
Winnipeg @ Edmonton - I'll be cheering for my Blue like always, but I feel better just picking Edmonton since they're @ home. bs reffing.... :thdn:
B.C. @ Calgary - Home team again, I guess. B.C. is a weird team
Toronto @ Saskatchewan - Damon Allen should be back, so yup. This game could go either way... same with a lot of them since this is the CFL...

0-3 last week... OMG :thdn:

oops!

use my next post for my picks this week.

Montreal- only undefeated team and playing at home vs. a nearly winless hamilton team that barely scraped out a win vs. a sloppy stamps team. Cheering for hamilton, but Montreal by 10.

Edmonton
- Injured and tired bomber team playing at commonwealth, only 6 days after their last game doesn't look too promising for them. Esks coming off of a bye-week and looking for revenge. Edmonton by 7.

Calgary- home team again. BC can't play more than 30 mins. let alone a full football game. They remind me of the 0-7 lions from last year. Calgary by 7.

Saskatchewan- will be an exciting game with damon allen coming back. But he may take a while to get into "game shape", seeing as he's only played a few snaps this year. Sask will be tough to beat at home, but it will be a close one. Sask by 2.

Montreal - Hamiltons brutal
Edmonton - Ray > Glenn
Calgary - due for a good game
Toronto - Allens back

Thanks Dave!

Montreal
Bombers
Calgary
Saskatchewan

my picks for this week are

-Montréal
-Edmonton
-Calgary
-Saskatchewan

thanks BigDave

Montreal
Edmonton
BC
Saskatchewan

Montreal
Edmonton
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Montréal over Hamilton
Edmonton over Winnipeg
Calgary over B.C. (pick 'em game of the week)
and for now, I'm saying Toronto over Saskatchewan, but I'm free to reserve judgment until nearly the last minute. :lol:

well after an 0-3 week i must turn things around..here they are for week 6

Hamilton @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Calgary
Toronto @ Saskatchewan

0-3 last week! :oops:

Ok...Here goes, All winners (I hope)

Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

The american got as high as 3rd place in the challenge......now watch the ball of string unravel! :lol:

.......all home wins.....

Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Well BigDave, I'm sure not full of myself this week after going 0-3, when I was 4-0 in week 4. Here are my choices, and I'm with RedandWhite, I like all the home teams.

1. Hamilton @ Montreal- I do want to pick the Ti-Cats, and I would if they weren't playing the best team in the league and the ONLY undefeated one, whose offense still hasn't gotten untracked. I'm taking Montreal by 10 points.

2. Winnipeg @ Edmonton- The loss of three offensive linemen is a killer for the Blue Bombers, and they have to be a little less agressive and stop taking so many stupid penalties. I'm taking Edmonton by 6 points.

3. BC @ Calgary- BC is so tough to figure out, and they play so poorly on the road. A bad time for them to play the Stamps, after losing to the Ti-Cats. I'm taking Calgary by 8 points.

4. Toronto @ Saskatchewan- If Damon Allen plays, the Argos will look better, but still won't win. It depends which Riders team shows up, and who knows who that will be. I'm taking Saskatchewan by 3 points.

Big win for your ti-cats Big Dave- congrats!

1. Montreal in a walk
  2. Edmonton
  3. BC but will be the best game of the week.
  4. Riders making fewer mistakes than Toronto with Sask. winning a close one.

Rider Pride Nation Wide!!

Saskatchewan - Toronto = Sask wins 24 - 14

Montreal - Hamilton = Montreal wins in a blow out 46 - 17

Edmonton - Winnipeg = Winnipeg **** Edmonton wins 28 - 10

Calgary
- BC = As much as i hate Calgary they win in a close one 21 - 17

Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary
Sask

Thanks Big Dave!